Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

The new ZE310 tyre is the successor of the ZIEX ZE914 ECORUN, winner of numerous awards from testing organisations. It offers outstanding traction and grip on both wet and dry roads coupled with low wear.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun.

Tyre review data from 59 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 255,414 miles driven.

The ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is ranked 25th of 125 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 8th of 53 tyres

2021 Auto Bild 16 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 15th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Balanced handling and short braking in the dry, well priced.
  • Negative - Average steering precision and low grip in the wet.
  • Overall - Acceptable.

2021 Sport Auto Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

• Positive - The EcoRun ZE310 has a very good aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Sluggish steering, very long dry braking, oversteer in the wet, very high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Good.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

2018-12-31 - I’m looking to replace a set of bridgestones which came with my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo from new. It seems to be an awkward tyre size at 215/40/17. I was hoping for all seasons, but there’s only a choice of 2. So I decided on summer tyres. I’ve sort of narrowed it down to the Falken ZIEX ZE310 and the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. Which would you recommend ?

Both are excellent tyres, getting great reviews. The Hankook might have the edge in wear, but overall they're very similar tyres.

2019-08-05 - Is the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun suitable for a SUV 4x4 which is only used on road? My car is a 2014 ford Kuga 2.0 titanium powershift. 235 x 55 R17 tyres

As long as you meet the load index required by your SUV, there's no reason not to use the ZE310.

2019-09-18 - I have a Golf 7 1.4TSi 122BHP with 205/55 X16 German OEM Dunlop Blue Response tyres. These are internally noisy and have very soft sidewalls leading to sloppy handling. I am proposing to chage them to other 205/55 X16V tyres. Falken ZE310, Hankook Prime 3 K125 and Bridgestone T005 have been suggested as possible replacements. The Falkens have a very low external noise performance but I not convinced that this is a reliable guide to the internal noise. I had a very bad expeiuence with German OEM Dunlop tyres on a new BMW 316i in the past and I wonder if the Blue Response tyres are of the same ilk? i.e. poor OEM tyres. Internal noise & wet grip are the most important parameters for the replacements and I am willing to trade off ride comfort with slightly stiffer sidewalls. Any comments you have would be much appreciated. Many thanks for the most helpful web site.

Unfortunately all modern tyres have soft sidewalls as it reduces rolling resistance. You are correct in thinking there isn't necessarily a correlation between external and internal noise, but there is often a link. I have no personal experience with the ZE310 but I have seen tests note it's a good handling tyre for its class, so maybe worth a try! One thing worth remembering is that stiffer sidewalls will transmit more vibration through to the chassis increasing internal noise.

2020-09-17 - I have a VW Passat 59 plate and need new tyres. Should I go for the Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun or the Falken Azenis FK510? Both look like good mid range tyres and recommended by your website.

If your priority is comfort, the ZE310, if it's sporty driving, the FK510 is the correct tyre.

2020-11-07 - The group test of the 205/55 X 16 tyres was really good. I have a Golf 7 1.4 with this size of tyre and am contemplating a change to Falken. VW fitted 205/55 X16 91H tyres to this car in late 2014. Could you please tell me why 94V Falken ZIEX ZE310 tyres were used in the test? Did Falken recommend them or were they the only ones available in this size? The 94V version is available locally at a very good price. Thanks BJ

This was the recommended size by Falken, but the 91H version has done well in other tests too.

ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Given 78% while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
New silica and new model tyre. I have bought them a few days ago.
Very silent. Most silent tyres I had the last 20 years.
Nice handling.

Cheaper than most other brands.
(30euro cheaper than dunlop and 50 euro cheaper than michelin)

Euro label - C A A 67db for 195 65 15
303 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2018
Given 70% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 2.0 TDI 140bhp (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
Just had set fitted and hate them. Horribly noisy. Never had such noisy tyres. Shall not buy again and wish that I could get them replaced.
Lots of feedback for Falken is from petrol heads running them on track days. This is not what the average road user wants. I had run Kumho for years and they are a good value, safe, durable, quiet and comfortable tyre. Do not buy Falken.
61 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Dry grip is excellent, wet grip also. Much better than my old set of Fulda Ecocontrol HP. What I observed from the beginning is the highest level of comfort that they provide. Lowest rolling noise I've ever heard. On bumpy roads, they provide a level of comfort very close to a winter tire. In the future, I am very curious about wear. I'll write another review sometimes in the future.
50 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2018
Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun >

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Given 69% while driving a Lexus IS300 SportCross (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I bought these after using Primacy 3 for three years (separate review). I found these to have great grip and braking, average feedback and handling, a hard ride, quite a lot of cabin noise and high rolling resistance. They have, conversely, worn very well and were cheap but in the end I left them on the rear axle and removed them from the front one as they were simply unpleasant after a year. Will try something else next.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17) on track for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic
0 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Mitsubishi Colt version R (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,400 average miles
7000 km later the tyre is not what exactly I was expecting. I Drive a Mitsubishi CZT. Is a light car with a lot of engine performance. The tyre is OK in the dry, it gets better when it comes to working temperature( and this happens fast!). The side walls are very soft. The feeling i get when i am pushing harder in a corner is that the tyre first touch the asphalt with the rim and then it turns the car! The small pot holes does not affect the car at all the tyre absorbs them! It is quiet enough on the road. During the rain these falkens are good. They give you confidence that will stop the car and turn it when and where you want considering the conditions. In terms of wear the tyre can give you really high mileage. Now to conclude all these. The previous tyre was goodyear f1 assymetric 3 . They cannot be compared to each other in any aspect. The f1 is much better over all.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Skoda (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Phenomenal tyre for the price! Great in the dry, even better in the wet.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2021
Given 74% while driving a MINI Clubman (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 26,333 spirited miles
Grip and handling are astonishing but the tyre seems prone to damage. I have had a puncture in first year and a bulge in the second. Not sure what to make of this, since the tyres still endured and I have not had a sudden break.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2021
Given 98% while driving a Renault Twingo RS (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I thought I would regret my choice as the 4 tires were mounted on a Twingo RS 133 hp. Before that, I had the opportunity to try out the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo or Dunlop Sport Maxx RT (no longer available in my size). On the contrary, the car is generally much healthier when it is wet. And in the dry the behavior is very good. And even with the 195 / 40R17, the comfort is significantly better. (Noise and road defects). I think I would have to try them out on a track to find a defect. For the price (70 €) the price / performance ratio is unbeatable. You have to be crazy to spend 120 € to buy ContiSportContact 3 (released in 2006 !!!).
4 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2021
Given 93% while driving a Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC Eco (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Quietest and best grip tire. İnstallated on 3 cars. Exactly buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Hyundai i30 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is a very good summer tyre overall. Feels stable, gives a good -though slightly heavy-steering and never seems to spin in throttle. Good in the dry, even better in the wet under normal driving. The only downside is that it actually tends to lack grip when lock increases in turns, especially on poor tarmac. So I think on good tarmac this tyre could almost shine. Comfort and noise OK, wear is fine. Not a champ in efficiency, but that also depends on the road surface. Made me a Falken fan, for sure!
3 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2021
Given 62% while driving a Peugeot 306 HDI (195/55 R15) on mostly country roads for 7,500 average miles
I had these tyres on my car for about 12 000 km, using them mostly on twisty secondary roads. Although the tyres had plenty of grip whatever the conditions (I've never reached grip limit), they lacked rigidity. There is always a feeling to be running about 10psi lower than normal, even though the pressure is correct. Driving is therefore a bit imprecise and so doesn't push to be sporty. The tyres are nonetheless comfortable and suite economical, as I was running on average at 5.0 liter/100km. Finally, the wear is for me the main problem : after 12000km (7500 miles) my front tyres are completely worn, while the rear are about 50%. this looks really low, even considering the road taken
2 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2021
Given 74% while driving a Audi A4 (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
My first impression was pretty good, tyres seemed to be average on noise and fairly good on grip, comfort and wear. Tyres feel stable and safe on wet, the car doesn't aquaplane easily even on puddles. Then I noticed the average fuel consumption had gone up by around 5-10% compared to the old tyres due to high rolling resistance, which doesn't seem much but it adds up. So the price difference to the most expensive premium tyres will equalise in few years (especially when fuel prices will go up due to environmental reasons), and after that they will end up costing more than the premium tyres like Michelin or Continental. Thats why I probably wouldn't buy them again.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2021
Given 72% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Around 5000km Bought after reading good reviews. Grip is at least equal to previous new Conti Eco5. Braking is good (my subjective opinion) in dry and seems good in wet. In a lot of rain only tried in a straight line and wet, so can't really evaluate this field. Handling and feedback is ok - I remember that initial turn seemed a bit slower compared to previous tyres models i had. Now seems better (maybe I'm used to it). Confort is not the worst but could be better. I wonder if a higher speed rating and an extra load rating on other sizes makes it worst. Fuel comsumption has increased around 0.1-0.2l/100km compared to the Eco5 tyres. Wear is soon to tell but looks new. Rim protection is a good bonus for the price.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Volvo V60 D3 (235/40 R18) on for 0 miles
Very capable tyres. Nice handling. Liked them a lot. Except the comfort. Changed to Primacy 4, which not a miles ahead, but step better in terms of comfort. Smell from Michelin is better too.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2021