Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

The new ZE310 tyre is the successor of the ZIEX ZE914 ECORUN, winner of numerous awards from testing organisations. It offers outstanding traction and grip on both wet and dry roads coupled with low wear.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun.

Tyre review data from 68 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 295,914 miles driven.

The ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is ranked 31st of 134 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2022 Summer Tyre Market Overview - 5th of 44 tyres

2022 AZ SUV Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Overall - The ZE-310 has safe handling however it has high rolling resistance and average comfort.

2022 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 22 tyres

• Positive - High aquaplaning resistance, stable wet handling, short braking distances, dynamic dry handling, low noise.
  • Negative - Very high rolling resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

2018-12-31 - I’m looking to replace a set of bridgestones which came with my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo from new. It seems to be an awkward tyre size at 215/40/17. I was hoping for all seasons, but there’s only a choice of 2. So I decided on summer tyres. I’ve sort of narrowed it down to the Falken ZIEX ZE310 and the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. Which would you recommend ?

Both are excellent tyres, getting great reviews. The Hankook might have the edge in wear, but overall they're very similar tyres.

2019-08-05 - Is the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun suitable for a SUV 4x4 which is only used on road? My car is a 2014 ford Kuga 2.0 titanium powershift. 235 x 55 R17 tyres

As long as you meet the load index required by your SUV, there's no reason not to use the ZE310.

2019-09-18 - I have a Golf 7 1.4TSi 122BHP with 205/55 X16 German OEM Dunlop Blue Response tyres. These are internally noisy and have very soft sidewalls leading to sloppy handling. I am proposing to chage them to other 205/55 X16V tyres. Falken ZE310, Hankook Prime 3 K125 and Bridgestone T005 have been suggested as possible replacements. The Falkens have a very low external noise performance but I not convinced that this is a reliable guide to the internal noise. I had a very bad expeiuence with German OEM Dunlop tyres on a new BMW 316i in the past and I wonder if the Blue Response tyres are of the same ilk? i.e. poor OEM tyres. Internal noise & wet grip are the most important parameters for the replacements and I am willing to trade off ride comfort with slightly stiffer sidewalls. Any comments you have would be much appreciated. Many thanks for the most helpful web site.

Unfortunately all modern tyres have soft sidewalls as it reduces rolling resistance. You are correct in thinking there isn't necessarily a correlation between external and internal noise, but there is often a link. I have no personal experience with the ZE310 but I have seen tests note it's a good handling tyre for its class, so maybe worth a try! One thing worth remembering is that stiffer sidewalls will transmit more vibration through to the chassis increasing internal noise.

2020-09-17 - I have a VW Passat 59 plate and need new tyres. Should I go for the Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun or the Falken Azenis FK510? Both look like good mid range tyres and recommended by your website.

If your priority is comfort, the ZE310, if it's sporty driving, the FK510 is the correct tyre.

2020-11-07 - The group test of the 205/55 X 16 tyres was really good. I have a Golf 7 1.4 with this size of tyre and am contemplating a change to Falken. VW fitted 205/55 X16 91H tyres to this car in late 2014. Could you please tell me why 94V Falken ZIEX ZE310 tyres were used in the test? Did Falken recommend them or were they the only ones available in this size? The 94V version is available locally at a very good price. Thanks BJ

This was the recommended size by Falken, but the 91H version has done well in other tests too.

ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Prices

YouTube Review

Top 3 Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Given 78% while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
New silica and new model tyre. I have bought them a few days ago.
Very silent. Most silent tyres I had the last 20 years.
Nice handling.

Cheaper than most other brands.
(30euro cheaper than dunlop and 50 euro cheaper than michelin)

Euro label - C A A 67db for 195 65 15
323 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2018
Given 70% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 2.0 TDI 140bhp (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
Just had set fitted and hate them. Horribly noisy. Never had such noisy tyres. Shall not buy again and wish that I could get them replaced.
Lots of feedback for Falken is from petrol heads running them on track days. This is not what the average road user wants. I had run Kumho for years and they are a good value, safe, durable, quiet and comfortable tyre. Do not buy Falken.
79 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Dry grip is excellent, wet grip also. Much better than my old set of Fulda Ecocontrol HP. What I observed from the beginning is the highest level of comfort that they provide. Lowest rolling noise I've ever heard. On bumpy roads, they provide a level of comfort very close to a winter tire. In the future, I am very curious about wear. I'll write another review sometimes in the future.
57 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2018
Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun >

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Given 77% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.9 Tdi (205/45 R16) on for 4,000 miles
Really good value very good grip dry and wet and decent feedback
0 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2022
Given 81% while driving a Subaru Legacy (225/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 16,000 average miles
I have a Subaru Legacy 2004 2.0 estate and before the Falken I had Hankook Ventus prime 3 and they were a gem. They lasted 75k km and they still had decent handling a grip but very less thread. I changed to the Falken because I love them and I had also very good experience in another car. What the Hankook lucked the Falken had it. And that was stiff shoulders. The Falken is a much stiffer tire with better feeling in the corners but a lot less comfortable especially in the bumps. You expect from a new tire to be more comfortable than a 75.000km one. But hell no. It was way more bumpy. Anyway, Do I prefer them from the Hankook? The tire life will determine it. If I get 50k easily then It is worth it. But now with the new Hankook ventus prime 4... I am not sure. Lets see the reviews.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 60% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (195/60 R16) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
İt supposed to be quite tire but it is very noisy , I have a 2021 Kia ceed changed tires for lower consumption 205 55 16 original dimension to 195 60 16 original tires were kinergy Eco 2 k435 Hankook , I will use them back on my car , so much road noise coming from those Falken tires...
0 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2022
Given 37% while driving a Honda 1.6 I DTEC (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Fan of Falken in other sizes and cars but this size on CR-V absolute rubbish, from Tyres on the Drive, lasted 10,000 miles (the original Goodyear have done 60k and still have 5mm tread! on the rear whilst on the front lasted 40k miles). Would not mind if they had any grip but spin at every junction poor for Falken
2 - tyre reviewed on April 10, 2022
Given 82% while driving a Opel Astra J 1.7 CDTI (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Replace pramcy 3, very quit, nice feedback, very good price made in turky.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2022
Given 85% while driving a Ford c max (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 500 average miles
Comfortable, quiet good wet grip. Not had them long enough to access wear.
10 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2021
Given 96% while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I reviewed these when I first got them now 500+ miles later I am even more pleased. I have to say straight away that they get scored down for rolling resistance - yet I have had my own best MPG results on some recent journeys so really not an issue. Its the important safety areas that impress me - Wet & Dry handling, nice steering and goes where you point it, good braking and traction in the wet - happy with tyre wear this far. On this car I started with the Conti PC5 these were fine but a little more bumpy and just OK in the wet. VG in the dry. Then I tried the Dunlop Sp Sport Blue response which had a nicer ride and a bit better handling in the wet - about the same in the dry - traction was occasionally an issue in the wet. The Falkens exceed both of these tyres all round and are noticably cheaper
5 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2021
Given 69% while driving a Lexus IS300 SportCross (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I bought these after using Primacy 3 for three years (separate review). I found these to have great grip and braking, average feedback and handling, a hard ride, quite a lot of cabin noise and high rolling resistance. They have, conversely, worn very well and were cheap but in the end I left them on the rear axle and removed them from the front one as they were simply unpleasant after a year. Will try something else next.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17) on track for 10,000 spirited miles
Fantastic
0 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Mitsubishi Colt version R (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,400 average miles
7000 km later the tyre is not what exactly I was expecting. I Drive a Mitsubishi CZT. Is a light car with a lot of engine performance. The tyre is OK in the dry, it gets better when it comes to working temperature( and this happens fast!). The side walls are very soft. The feeling i get when i am pushing harder in a corner is that the tyre first touch the asphalt with the rim and then it turns the car! The small pot holes does not affect the car at all the tyre absorbs them! It is quiet enough on the road. During the rain these falkens are good. They give you confidence that will stop the car and turn it when and where you want considering the conditions. In terms of wear the tyre can give you really high mileage. Now to conclude all these. The previous tyre was goodyear f1 assymetric 3 . They cannot be compared to each other in any aspect. The f1 is much better over all.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 12, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Skoda (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Phenomenal tyre for the price! Great in the dry, even better in the wet.
8 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2021
Given 74% while driving a MINI Clubman (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 26,333 spirited miles
Grip and handling are astonishing but the tyre seems prone to damage. I have had a puncture in first year and a bulge in the second. Not sure what to make of this, since the tyres still endured and I have not had a sudden break.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 19, 2021