Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

The Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The new ZE310 tyre is the successor of the ZIEX ZE914 ECORUN, winner of numerous awards from testing organisations. It offers outstanding traction and grip on both wet and dry roads coupled with low wear.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 38 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 100,521 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2020 New 17 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Low noise and high levels of comfort.
  • Negative - Average grip.

2020 Tyre Reviews Ultimate Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 12 tyres

• Positive - Excellent, balanced results in the dry, with the shortest wet braking distances on test and good aquaplaning resistance. Low noise levels and well priced.
  • Negative - Low subjective comfort and the highest rolling resistance on test.
  • Overall - A very strong performance for the Falken ZIEX ZE310, with good grip in the dry and wet.

2020 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 10 tyres

• Overall - Although the Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun handled well in the dry, rolling resistance let it down.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

2018-12-31 - Iím looking to replace a set of bridgestones which came with my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo from new. It seems to be an awkward tyre size at 215/40/17. I was hoping for all seasons, but thereís only a choice of 2. So I decided on summer tyres. Iíve sort of narrowed it down to the Falken ZIEX ZE310 and the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. Which would you recommend ?

Both are excellent tyres, getting great reviews. The Hankook might have the edge in wear, but overall they're very similar tyres.

2019-08-05 - Is the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun suitable for a SUV 4x4 which is only used on road? My car is a 2014 ford Kuga 2.0 titanium powershift. 235 x 55 R17 tyres

As long as you meet the load index required by your SUV, there's no reason not to use the ZE310.

2019-09-18 - I have a Golf 7 1.4TSi 122BHP with 205/55 X16 German OEM Dunlop Blue Response tyres. These are internally noisy and have very soft sidewalls leading to sloppy handling. I am proposing to chage them to other 205/55 X16V tyres. Falken ZE310, Hankook Prime 3 K125 and Bridgestone T005 have been suggested as possible replacements. The Falkens have a very low external noise performance but I not convinced that this is a reliable guide to the internal noise. I had a very bad expeiuence with German OEM Dunlop tyres on a new BMW 316i in the past and I wonder if the Blue Response tyres are of the same ilk? i.e. poor OEM tyres. Internal noise & wet grip are the most important parameters for the replacements and I am willing to trade off ride comfort with slightly stiffer sidewalls. Any comments you have would be much appreciated. Many thanks for the most helpful web site.

Unfortunately all modern tyres have soft sidewalls as it reduces rolling resistance. You are correct in thinking there isn't necessarily a correlation between external and internal noise, but there is often a link. I have no personal experience with the ZE310 but I have seen tests note it's a good handling tyre for its class, so maybe worth a try! One thing worth remembering is that stiffer sidewalls will transmit more vibration through to the chassis increasing internal noise.

Top Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Review

Given 78% while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
New silica and new model tyre. I have bought them a few days ago.
Very silent. Most silent tyres I had the last 20 years.
Nice handling.

Cheaper than most other brands.
(30euro cheaper than dunlop and 50 euro cheaper than michelin)

Euro label - C A A 67db for 195 65 15
285 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2018

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun >>

Given 83% while driving a Skoda (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 1,200 average miles
I have only had these tyres for 1200 km so cannot judge them for wear, apart from that they are a good all round choice. I have driven a mixture of motorway and twisting roads here in Tenerife and am fairly impressed with all aspects of these reasonably priced tyres. As others have said they are almost silent, some of the road tests concluded that they have a high rolling resistance so I expected my fuel use to increase but I have checked between fill ups and there is no noticeable difference.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2020
Given 79% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
215/40/18 and 225/40/18 on my BMW E36 328i sedan. I found that the Falken Azenis FK510 was a lot better in the rain, felt a bit more stable and grippy. I have to say that those were 225/45/17. So a bit more sidewall, which could have influenced the result. Overall the tires have really good grip, nothing to regret my purchase! The tires also donít wear that fast, Iíve drifted them (only in the rain!). I think my next purchase will be Falken too, just figuring out what type. Super enthousiastic about Falken!
2 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 84% while driving a Opel vectra c (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
Silent tyres. Previously I have used hankook kinergy eco, but when I switch to Falken immediatly I have noticed the difference in silence and confortable. Regarding negativ aspects I will mention the high rolling resistance noticed immediatly after replacing the tyres, but after some time I don't notice it anymore, perhaps I get used of them.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (205/55 R17 V) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I replaced a set of Bridgestone Turanza and the noise level significantly dropped in the cabin. Overall pretty good confort and grip, I would definitely recommend them, especially since the price was very good. For the average non-performance car they are a solid choice. Will see how is the wear over time but so far there is no visible wear.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2020