Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

The new ZE310 tyre is the successor of the ZIEX ZE914 ECORUN, winner of numerous awards from testing organisations. It offers outstanding traction and grip on both wet and dry roads coupled with low wear.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun.

Tyre review data from 46 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 150,181 miles driven.

The ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun is ranked 16th of 119 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

2021 Auto Bild 16 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 15th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Balanced handling and short braking in the dry, well priced.
  • Negative - Average steering precision and low grip in the wet.
  • Overall - Acceptable.

2021 Sport Auto Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 11 tyres

• Positive - The EcoRun ZE310 has a very good aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Sluggish steering, very long dry braking, oversteer in the wet, very high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Good.

2021 All Road SUV Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance, stable safe wet cornering, short dry braking distances.
  • Negative - Average traction on gravel and mud, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Recommended.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

Questions and Answers for the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun

2018-12-31 - I’m looking to replace a set of bridgestones which came with my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo from new. It seems to be an awkward tyre size at 215/40/17. I was hoping for all seasons, but there’s only a choice of 2. So I decided on summer tyres. I’ve sort of narrowed it down to the Falken ZIEX ZE310 and the Hankook Ventus Prime 3. Which would you recommend ?

Both are excellent tyres, getting great reviews. The Hankook might have the edge in wear, but overall they're very similar tyres.

2019-08-05 - Is the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun suitable for a SUV 4x4 which is only used on road? My car is a 2014 ford Kuga 2.0 titanium powershift. 235 x 55 R17 tyres

As long as you meet the load index required by your SUV, there's no reason not to use the ZE310.

2019-09-18 - I have a Golf 7 1.4TSi 122BHP with 205/55 X16 German OEM Dunlop Blue Response tyres. These are internally noisy and have very soft sidewalls leading to sloppy handling. I am proposing to chage them to other 205/55 X16V tyres. Falken ZE310, Hankook Prime 3 K125 and Bridgestone T005 have been suggested as possible replacements. The Falkens have a very low external noise performance but I not convinced that this is a reliable guide to the internal noise. I had a very bad expeiuence with German OEM Dunlop tyres on a new BMW 316i in the past and I wonder if the Blue Response tyres are of the same ilk? i.e. poor OEM tyres. Internal noise & wet grip are the most important parameters for the replacements and I am willing to trade off ride comfort with slightly stiffer sidewalls. Any comments you have would be much appreciated. Many thanks for the most helpful web site.

Unfortunately all modern tyres have soft sidewalls as it reduces rolling resistance. You are correct in thinking there isn't necessarily a correlation between external and internal noise, but there is often a link. I have no personal experience with the ZE310 but I have seen tests note it's a good handling tyre for its class, so maybe worth a try! One thing worth remembering is that stiffer sidewalls will transmit more vibration through to the chassis increasing internal noise.

2020-09-17 - I have a VW Passat 59 plate and need new tyres. Should I go for the Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun or the Falken Azenis FK510? Both look like good mid range tyres and recommended by your website.

If your priority is comfort, the ZE310, if it's sporty driving, the FK510 is the correct tyre.

2020-11-07 - The group test of the 205/55 X 16 tyres was really good. I have a Golf 7 1.4 with this size of tyre and am contemplating a change to Falken. VW fitted 205/55 X16 91H tyres to this car in late 2014. Could you please tell me why 94V Falken ZIEX ZE310 tyres were used in the test? Did Falken recommend them or were they the only ones available in this size? The 94V version is available locally at a very good price. Thanks BJ

This was the recommended size by Falken, but the 91H version has done well in other tests too.

ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Prices

Top 3 Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Given 78% while driving a Hyundai i30 CRDi (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
New silica and new model tyre. I have bought them a few days ago.
Very silent. Most silent tyres I had the last 20 years.
Nice handling.

Cheaper than most other brands.
(30euro cheaper than dunlop and 50 euro cheaper than michelin)

Euro label - C A A 67db for 195 65 15
289 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2018
Given 70% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 2.0 TDI 140bhp (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
Just had set fitted and hate them. Horribly noisy. Never had such noisy tyres. Shall not buy again and wish that I could get them replaced.
Lots of feedback for Falken is from petrol heads running them on track days. This is not what the average road user wants. I had run Kumho for years and they are a good value, safe, durable, quiet and comfortable tyre. Do not buy Falken.
48 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
Dry grip is excellent, wet grip also. Much better than my old set of Fulda Ecocontrol HP. What I observed from the beginning is the highest level of comfort that they provide. Lowest rolling noise I've ever heard. On bumpy roads, they provide a level of comfort very close to a winter tire. In the future, I am very curious about wear. I'll write another review sometimes in the future.
41 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2018
Have you driven on the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun >

Latest Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun Reviews

Given 58% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 150HP (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
BEWARE in the wet having them on the rear axle (especially having better tyres on the front axle). This tyres are dangerous in the wet as initial rear grip is immediately lost with no alarm during fast corners/curves (depending on the tarmac type). ESP is helping but its really a bad choice such a tyre. Even Laufenn S-Fit EQ+ loses rear in the wet with more controllable manner. In the dry - grip and braking is quite good, but initial turn-in poor, still side wall is quite stiff what gives a confidence in long curves. Best review of this tyre for me is that: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/353137/falken-ziex-ze310-ecorun-review
0 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2021
Given 92% while driving a Mazda MX5 2.0 SE (ND 2015 onwards) (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 200 spirited miles
Having had these tyres on my previous car (Mini Cooper) I decided to have a set of four put on my MX 5 ND. They replaced 3 worn out Bridgestone Potenzas with 24,000 miles on them from new and a slippery Pirelli P7 that was half worn. My initial impressions are the care is more comfortable and smooth with less road noise. The 'W' rated Falkens have a stiff sidewall and handling feels positive. I am looking forward to a long wear life from these tyres (the Mini Cooper has 20,000 miles and plenty of tread depth). I can highly recommend these tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2021
MINI (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Have had these on a Mini Cooper for 3 years and 20,000 miles. They replaced Continentals on the front and eco green tyres on the rear. They transformed the handling of the car with good grip in the dry and wet. The tires show little sign of wear and the car is quiet and confortable. I would recommend themas a high quality tire.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 30, 2021
Given 47% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 450 spirited miles
Have bought them after reading the positive reviews posted here and on other sites. Most of the people were impressed about their overall performance despite the lesser price. They were seen as very good overall tires with good performance on both dry and wet surfaces. I bit the bullet and bought a set of 4 for my Stage 1+ Mk7 Fiesta ST which runs approximately 220 BHP. I drive it in a sporty manner most of the time. The first impression when switching from the winter setup (195/55/R16 Davanti Wintoura) is that they are noisier and much firm as compared to the softer winter tires - I would've expected them to he harder but not noisier as they have better sound rating than Davanti ones. The grip in dry conditions is better than the winter tires but way poorer that what I've expected. In 1st and 2nd gear if I floor it I get a ton of wheel spin and only find grip in 3rd. I know that the ST is not the best putting the power down but the I was expecting way more grip than they offer now. I dropped the pressure a little bit and it does help but not a lot. At high speed they offer stability though as I managed to push towards 240 km/h and the car felt stable. Braking in dry is fine but not good and not even close to exceptional as stated by some reviews. And now the worst part comes in wet conditions where I don't have grip at all. Under moderate acceleration I see the traction control light popping up in 3rd. Under hard acceleration I see it even in 4th. I'm blown away that they got a very good rating in wet conditions in most of the tests but somehow I find them performing very very poor. Braking in wet conditions is good, definitely they perform better than under acceleration in the same road conditions. I have them for one month and covered around 700 km so cannot comment on the thread life. Overall I'm disappointed by these tires as somehow they don't live up to the hype and they are not even close to what's been stated in all the internet reviews. I should've payed the extra money for the PS4s.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2021
Given 86% while driving a SEAT Ibiza TSi (195/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Newly Purchased, but I can tell straight away these are definitely good. I am pretty sensitive to small differences etc. These are the 3rd brand tried on my current car and already seem great for it. Previous tyres also suited well but were a tad prone to loosing traction in the wet as well as a little ABS reliant braking in the wet - the Falken's immediately seemed better in this area. Comfort is much the same as the previous Dunlop Blue response - I will have to see about wear in a year or so. Road feed back is also good I feel like I am safe with these. I had a previous model Falken ion a previous car so know they are going to be pretty good. Reading loads of reviews I was befuddled by many good tyres with a worrying problem area, eg poor wet braking - these get good reports on all but Rolling resistance. I have a pretty economical car and initial differences are not noticeable. In heavy rain it felt very safe.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Very balanced tyres both in dry and wet. Very good handling especially in dry conditions and I think it is an ideal Tyre for difficult Greek streets conditions.After 5000 miles wear is minimum. The only negative is a bit bigger fuel consumption than my older Hankook Ventus prime 2.
15 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Ford Mondeo 1.6 TDCi (215/45 R17 V) on for 12,000 miles
I use the tires on the Ford mondeo mk iv 1.6 tdci. The tires are extra load 95. They seem to be very stable but way too hard.. I use them in Greece so there is big climate changes. From - 5 degrees Celsius to 40...if warm weather they have a good grip but in cold weather the grip is average. Aquaplanning is sometimes a little bit too early. The ride is a bit too hard. My car has a firm ride due to the sport suspension, so I can feel any imperfections of the road.. Previously I was using goodyear efficient grip and matador mp47. Matador were the best from these three tires. All three were 215 45 17 95v. My driving style is mostly average and only a few times spirited. I have 20k on them and they seem to age in a good manner.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2021
Given 85% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought these as the garage I had bought the car off had fitted budget Kenda tyres, which had very poor grip in the wet and low fuel efficiency. Once fitted, the improvement was instantaneous, these tyres have incredible grip in both the wet and dry. Road noise is also significantly reduced and fuel economy has seen a slight increase too. Overall very satisfied with these tyres and they represent a good value for money.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2021
Given 83% while driving a Skoda (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 1,200 average miles
I have only had these tyres for 1200 km so cannot judge them for wear, apart from that they are a good all round choice. I have driven a mixture of motorway and twisting roads here in Tenerife and am fairly impressed with all aspects of these reasonably priced tyres. As others have said they are almost silent, some of the road tests concluded that they have a high rolling resistance so I expected my fuel use to increase but I have checked between fill ups and there is no noticeable difference.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2020
Given 79% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 spirited miles
215/40/18 and 225/40/18 on my BMW E36 328i sedan. I found that the Falken Azenis FK510 was a lot better in the rain, felt a bit more stable and grippy. I have to say that those were 225/45/17. So a bit more sidewall, which could have influenced the result. Overall the tires have really good grip, nothing to regret my purchase! The tires also don’t wear that fast, I’ve drifted them (only in the rain!). I think my next purchase will be Falken too, just figuring out what type. Super enthousiastic about Falken!
3 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2020
Given 84% while driving a Opel vectra c (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
Silent tyres. Previously I have used hankook kinergy eco, but when I switch to Falken immediatly I have noticed the difference in silence and confortable. Regarding negativ aspects I will mention the high rolling resistance noticed immediatly after replacing the tyres, but after some time I don't notice it anymore, perhaps I get used of them.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (205/55 R17 V) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I replaced a set of Bridgestone Turanza and the noise level significantly dropped in the cabin. Overall pretty good confort and grip, I would definitely recommend them, especially since the price was very good. For the average non-performance car they are a solid choice. Will see how is the wear over time but so far there is no visible wear.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2020