Nankang NS2 Reviews - Page 2

Given 71% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 sport (225/35 R18 W) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Love the look and feel of this tire. I do a lot of racing ie go karts outdoor and indoor so i like to have very good feel through my car. I find these tires give me decent grip and a lot of feel through the car. Mainly because of how low profile they're meaning that i feel a lot of bumps in the road. But that's just how i like my cars. This is the second time having these on my car and before that i had continental sport contact 2's. These are not quite as good as the conti's but i prefer the way they feel.
9 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2018
Given 26% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 160 (245/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These are the worst tyres I have ever came across. I was driving along a recently dug up road in France at 30kmp and where it rejoined the tarmac there was a lip of about 1”. Both tyre walls failed and I ended up stranded for three days as the size I needed 245/35/20 had to be specially ordered in. I had only purchased these tyres 3 months previously so it’s not as they had lost of wear. Shocking tyres.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 16,000 spirited miles
never heard of them before, 16,000 miles later I have had to change the front tyres. brilliant value tyres.
29 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2018
Given 32% while driving a Toyota Celica VVTLi (225/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Horrible. The worst tyres I have ever had the misfortune to use. Only had them as they came as part of a package that I bought. Dry grip isn't great, wet grip is a lot worse. In the wet it constantly feels like driving on ice. I don't have a super powerful car, just a Celica t sport, but these tyres are just terrible for it. Cannot wait until I can afford to replace them with something better. I'd even go so far as to say that they could be deadly to an inexperienced driver giving it beans in the wet. First and second gears are useless in the wet as even the traction control can't cope with the lack of grip these give, and that's not a good thing with the British weather being what it is.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE!!!!
3 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2018
Given 63% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer GT 2.0 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
Tires look great, square profile give it a sporty look. Rolls pretty good too. Cons though are quality. It can lock up even if the car has ABS while the road is dry. Noisy. Tire noise is just. Terrible. To the point I had my wheel bearings checked but they turned out fine. Even noisy in New asphalt traveling at around 90km/h (55mph). Will I buy this tire again? No. Will I recommend it? If you have an already uncomfortable setup (stanced or racing) and looking for a budget tire, get this one. If you want comfort and occasional spirited driving, get something else.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2018
Given 43% while driving a Jaguar XF S (245/40 R20) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
Got these all round on my Jaguar XF the first thing i noticed was the noise , they are very noisy , wet grip is average dry grip ok , would i buy again simply no because of the loud noise they make .
11 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2017
Given 82% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
Only just bought these. The Bridgestones I had last year, lasted only a year. I will never buy those again. I thought I would try these tires as I didn't want to shell out £110 a corner again. So far the grip, road noise and feedback seem great!
13 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa Sxi (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Where do I begin, these tyres are just unbelievable for their value, I paid £36.50 a corner (excluding fitting) for a tyre that has given me my best times on the drag strip and round track. Just can't say enough good about them, don't get me wrong their wet performance is slightly questionable at the best of times but aren't most tyres? haha. The grip in the dry is so superior that I snapped a brand new driveshaft on a launch at the strip, thankfully after I got a few runs in. For the price and how well it out performs others I can not speak higher of this tyre. I couldnt speak high enough and have recommended these to my friends who have given back similar feedback. Just buy them, you won't regret it.

*note* the tyres would of well outlasted 10,000 miles, probably well over doubled the life if I didn't like burnouts lol
7 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2017
Given 40% while driving a Porsche 996 911 Carrera 2 (285/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
This is the rear tire with about 80% life left. The manufacturing date is 2010 but I rarely use the car so only 20% treadwear. At 100km/hour, the rear tire burst on a straightaway. No signs of road hazard etc. Good thing our was the rear or I could have met grave accident. Replaced all remaining 3 after that.
23 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2017
Given 76% while driving a Nissan Maxima (245/40 R19) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Can't complain for the price I paid. Especially in this size. I would buy them again. I was surprised how long they lasted
3 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2017
Given 54% while driving a (205/50 R15 V) on for 0 miles
I bought this tyre because I needed a cheap replacement for my previous Pilot Exalto 2.
I usually trash the car on twisty roads so tyres are submitted to a torture test.
Grip on wet roads is precarious, really dangerous tyre, understeer paradise. When new they don't aquaplane easily on a straight line however.
Grip on dry roads is ok but of course inferior to the Michelins and Pirelli I had before. They are crashy and uncomfortable but I also have stiff suspension so not important.
They lasted quite well regarding the driving style but coupled with the price these are really the only its great features.
Gone replace them for hankooks v12 evo 2 so I will not buy again
8 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2017
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0tdi Sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
I have a lead foot for my sins, and have always been in the mindset that the big brands were always better to have. Over the life of this car its had all sorts, continental contisport contacts (not worth the money in my opinion) toyo TR1s, pilot sport 3s, goodyear eagle f1s etc etc. While these arent quite as good as the PS3s or F1s they are a steal at £190 for 4!
I do motorway driving to pick up my girlfriend from uni once per week on a motorway that often has lots of surface water, but the nankangs seem literally impossible to aquaplane, I mean I'e actually tried but I just cant get them to do it! In the week I do mostly A roads for my commute to work and Ive just reached the tread markers on the front after 40,000, the rears still have 3.5mm according to my depth gauge! They take an absolute beating and handle almost aswell as proxes. Braking distance is kinda average, but anyone with sense wont be driving centemetre from the car in front anyway. Strong sidewalls may I add which add to the longevity of this excellent tyre. Will DEFINATELY buy again!
10 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2017