Bridgestone Blizzak LM005

Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 86% while driving a CitroŽn C5 Aircross 2.0 Bluehdi (215/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
Nicely balanced tyre with predictable behaviour. Tyre does not leave you shorthanded in any of normal circumstances on central Europe roads. I am especially fond of behaviour in rain and damp conditions which is most normal condition during our winters. I also tested during heavy snowfall and car remaind stable and had no problems with handling. I am yet to see if wear and age will affect the properties of tyre. So far very satisfied.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I've switched to this tyres from nokian wr a3. And the difference is like night and day. Nokians was quite bad tyre simply to start moving on snow sufrace, even on flat road. This was the case from the very beginning of using nokians. On blizzaks i've stopped on steep hill coverd with snow behind a car which wasn't able to move further up and then just move on and pass this car without any problems. They are clearly soft tyres, but with nice neutral balance on dry and wet conditions. Let's see how they would behave when a bit weared.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2020
Given 78% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17) on for 10,000 miles
I have bought those tyres before last winter, so this is my second winter. I would start with positives - the tyre feel like summer tire, perfect grip in dry and wet... really love to drive them hard in those conditions. Comfort of tire and noise level is ok for me, wear seems ok and i think about 40k km is possible before reaching 3mm limit. Meanwhile on fresh snow tires are just fine but on icy roads / freezed snow the car dosnt handle good at all, it had hard time to grip and i was actually scared to drive more than 50km/h on country roads. So i would say those arent the heavy winter tires, more like all season tires in my opinion. If you experience heavy snow winters i would look for smg else. But for me they are perfect since we have those conditions only few days a year. Will be looking for smg else for next winter tires tho.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2020
Given 96% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Quite simply the best Winter Tyre I have ever driven on. The reviews are right - Bridgestone have overtaken Continental. The Wet performance in particular is simply amazing. The ability to clear water is superb! Dry performance is very good and a quick check in the recent snow & ice showed that these tyres are very effective at handling Winter weather also. An amazing all rounder and cheaper than some of the premium competition also! Total no-brainer.;....if you want Winter Tyres these are the ones to get.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2020
Renault (245/35 R19 V) on mostly country roads for 1,500 spirited miles
I've already driven these tyres in all conditions with my Megane IV RS Trophy. I live in the Pyrenees and it's been snowing for 5 consecutive days. No matter if it's dry, wet or snow and ice conditions, these tyres are the best I've ever used and they give me the confidence I need to enjoy my car driving the amazing mountain roads during winter.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 177bhp quattro (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
This is my follow up review. I have driven one season on them (5000km) and now is the beginning of another. I have them on for about a month now and they are awesome. The tyre still performs the same as last year when it was new. Still confident in wet and dry, almost feels like a summer tyre, almost. I had the chance to drive them on a lot of snow now and they havent let me down. Bear in mind that I have a 1800kg car and in snow that really shows but the Bridgestones were phenomenal. The only gripe I have is that they do not provide as much feedback on snow as I would want them to, but never the less, they are still avesome. The wear is not too bad also. Just under 1mm over 6000km. I highly recomend them. Even put them on my girlfriends car.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2020
Given 47% while driving a Toyota Celica VVTi 140 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Very disappointed with this tyre. Bought a set of new tyres after driving 4 years on Conti TS850 and 4 years on TS860. This was a mistake. First serious ride out of town and the car slipped away on a dry road, they have quite an understeering potential. Noisy compared to the Contis and road feedback has nothing in common. Would not even want to see what they are like in 3-4 years...
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2020
Given 96% while driving a Fiat Panda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I chose these in size 165/65 R14 over Conti's Winter Contacts when there were still no reviews out there. This was a good choice. Excellent tyres, pretty quiet and very good handling on both dry and wet. Wet braking is unparalleled, better than any other winter tyre in this size. Good grip and braking on snow and mud. My biggest surprise was fuel economy - almost no difference to my summer tyres. Somewhat expensive, but worth every penny!
5 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Mitsubishi Space Star (165/65 R14) on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
I live in a town where SNOW and ICE are common in winter. I had bought those tires and I am 100% satisfied (maybe a bit more noisy that I expected but really nothing that auto radio cannot win over). Wet , snow and Ice? NO PROBLEM. Dry? Even in high temperatures there was absolutely no issue. The wear seems also good. After 1 season looks brand new :)
4 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2020