Dunlop Direzza DZ03

The Dunlop Direzza DZ03 is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 32,860 miles driven.

The Direzza DZ03 is ranked 8th of 26 Summer Trackday and Competition tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop Direzza DZ03
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop Direzza DZ03

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop Direzza DZ03

2020-01-02 - Are these tyres road legal

All tyres need an E marking to be road legal in the UK, I believe some sizes of this tyre are still road legal, but some are not.

Top 3 Dunlop Direzza DZ03 Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Car - EVO 9 with cca. 400 HP and 500 Nm
Tyre - Dunlop Direzza 03G
Size - 235/45 17
Compound - R

I have had quite a few tyres, including Toyo R888, but these Dunlop Direzza 03G are the best, period. I wouldn't recommend this tire for a daily drive car, very noisy, they sound like airplane taking of and like you need new wheel bearings... Wet traction is surprisingly good, but standing water means aquaplaning, so you must beware of standing water, otherwise just fine. On the dry, what can I say, you have to try them to believe how good they are, tremendous grip and traction due to pure racing compound and cornering stability and steering responsiveness due to to very stiff sidewalls, like I said, the best tyre I have had. I would definitely buy them again...
35 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2013
Given 80% while driving a Evolution (235/45 R17 W) on track for 1,500 spirited miles
Used for Tarmac Rally (Targa Tasmania) and Hillclimbs.
Best of breed - have used Bridgestone RE55S, and prefer Dunlop DZ03G for durability (even R1 compound)
13 - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2010
Given 77% while driving a BMW 328i (225/45 R17) on track for 560 spirited miles
We race our BMW in a novice race series and following a recommendation from a friend (a Subaru Driver) we switched from the Nankang NS2Rs. Immediately on the first test run at Silverstone, we saw a consistent 3-5sec a lap improvement. Over night the car seemed to turn from a tail happy monkey into a brute on rails. It was phenomenal and the confidence that it gave us in planting the car into corners, was something else! And the fun didn't just stop there. We have maintained the same set of tyres through 2 track-days and 3 separate 45minute races and 30 minute qualifying sessions and they're only just starting to give up the ghost.
We have been lucky this season with the weather staying mostly dry, as our one wet track-day session at Brands Hatch proved these tyres to be particularly hairy in the wet, esp' standing water. But that is something that I can forgive as the dry to semi-dry times are memories never forgotten. Will we buy again?........our order has been placed and is expected later this week :-)
6 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2017
Have you driven on the Dunlop Direzza DZ03 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop Direzza DZ03? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop Direzza DZ03 >

Latest Dunlop Direzza DZ03 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Mazda MX5 (205/50 R15) on track for 600 spirited miles
Ran these in medium spec on my tarmac rally NB MX-5. Did 3 days across two sets and since that have done 4-5 race meetings. No complaints, have had to swap inside to outside on a couple of them to keep the RR camber wear (anti-clockwise circuit) under control. Will probably get one-more meeting out of them before they're scrap. Not a huge amount of miles, but 99% of those miles have been on the limit.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Renault Megane RS265 (195/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 23,700 spirited miles
DUNLOP DIREZZA Z3 or ZIII whichever you prefer.. I use this for Track Days and spirited B-Road Driving. Had/experienced them on two different cars My Daily tyre is a Michellin Pilot Sport 4. So my rating of the ZIII would be in comparison to that. I only want to share that the ZIII is VERY possible as a daily usage tyre. You just have to drive more cautiously in the wet, but they are still decent. I rate it a 7/10. And that if you daily these, expect high wear, but not as bad as Bridgestone's AD08R. These are VERY good tyres. And they easily rank one of my favourites. I am certain you wouldn't regret getting them! The Dry grip, drive and noise is also better than the AD08R, completely no reason to go for the latter, unless you are talking about the latest AD08RS from Bridgestone, which would set you back more. So just go for the ZIII.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 2, 2021