Goodyear Vector 4Seasons

The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2.

Tyre review data from 57 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 671,390 miles driven.

The Vector 4Seasons is ranked 17th of 47 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2015 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 28th of 51 tyres

2014 All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Convincing all season tyre with safe, balanced qualities and good steering response in all weather conditions. Stable cornering and short braking distances in the snow, strong aquaplaning properties
  • Negative - None listed

2013 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - Convincing all-season tires with well-balanced road performance on snowy and dry roads. Stable running in all weather conditions, high steering precision and a low pass-by noise.
  • Negative - Slightly longer braking distances.

2015 Tyre Tests

• 28th: 2015 Winter Tyre Market Overview (185/60 R14)
  • 2014 Tyre Tests

• 2nd: 2014 All Season Tyre Test (185/60 R15)
  • 2013 Tyre Tests

• 1st: 2013 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test (195/65 R15)
  • 3rd: 2013 Winter Tyre Buying Guide (225/45 R17)
  • 42nd: 2013 54 Tyre Braking Test (195/65 R15)
  • 2012 Tyre Tests

• 1st: 2012 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test (175/65 R14)
  • 2011 Tyre Tests

• 2nd: 2011 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test (185/60 R15)
  • 12th: 2011 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test (225/45 R17)
  • 2010 Tyre Tests

• 7th: 2010 European Winter Tyre Test Part 2 (185/65 r15)
  • Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
    225/55 R17 101V XL AO C E 70 11.00kgs
    215/60 R17 96H XL   C E 72 9.92kgs
    215/60 R17 96V XL   C C 72 9.96kgs
    255/45 R18 99V XL   E C 69 11.92kgs

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Bora (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
    Ran these for a year before selling the car. Day to day driving in all conditions, from motorways, towns and a good few miles on back country roads they were fine. Couldn't tell any difference between the Vectors and the summer tyres they replaced. Good wet handling, good aquaplaning, and you'd only really know they weren't a premium summer when pushing them hard and regularly.

In ice and snow they were brilliant. On the usual UK mix of untouched, first one out snow and the slushy, semi re-frozen mess they gripped and gripped. Handled hills in the snow without issue. The only time they lost grip was braking to a stop on 2 inches of ice - they took a bit longer than normal to stop. Short of studded tyres I wouldn't have expected instant braking in any winter tyre.

Overall a brilliant tyre to throw on and know you're covered in all conditions.
    Helpful 54 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2015
    Given 49% while driving a Citroën berlingo (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
    TYRES LASTED 5000 MILES DOWN TO 2MM NEVER BUY AGAIN even on the rear wheels only lasted 9000 miles tyres were kept at correct pressure for vehicle and vehicle is serviced on a regular basis also vehicle not overloaded
    Helpful 35 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2018
    Given 87% while driving a Dacia stepway (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 3,500 average miles
    A really nice four seasonal preference. It gives confidence that it is a symbol of suitability for winter use. People generally do not rely on four seasons, but their minds change as they use it. It successfully completed the winter conditions. I did not see a flaw outside the stone collection :)
    Helpful 12 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2017
    Have you driven on the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Vector 4Seasons >

Latest Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Reviews

Given 68% while driving a Citroën C3 Aircross SUV (225/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
    Definitely softer rubber as so far I've had two punctures on otherwise new tyres which has been really annoying. Yes, could just have been bad luck, but they are definitely of a softer rubber Braking distance is slightly longer, when compared to my previous Bridgstone summer tyres. Only slightly but it is noticeable. More of a forward lunge into a stop, rather than a precise gripped stop. This purely depends on the weather. Dry summer months I'd prefer to be on summer tryre for sure.....but for autumn and winter then I'll stick with these. Road handling is okay and acceptable, just slightly more rolley on the corner. Road noise is increased at higher motorway speeds.
    Helpful 0 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2022
    Given 81% while driving a Renault Kadjar 1.2 (215/60 R17) on mostly country roads for 45,000 average miles
    Very good universal tyre. I drive more then 60k km in 3y and I would buy them again. I drive 50km every day on average speed and good road. There is alway one but - be carefull, on 3rd winter they were NOT good on any icy/snowy road even i do not have too much snow and ice in area, except in the mornings, evenings or so. After few very unpleasent situations I have decided to buy winter tyres and to keep this one as summer tyres for next year, but I think this is it, 60-70k km is end of their life. As summer tyre they are not excellent, just very good. But as I say I would buy them again.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2022
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
    Given 89% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TFSI (205 bhp) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
    Put these on my wife's Audi A4 quattro nearly 4 years ago in September 18, and she has done over 25k miles with them. They are currently at 4.5mm tread depth, and started life at 7.6mm, so they are pretty durable. I've rotated them front to rear once, and now that they are over 4 years, am just going to replace them. She hits bends like they aren't there, and the tyres have scrubbed on the outer edges, so pips on the outer edges are now flush with the tyre. Quiet as well at motorway speeds. Great handling in standing water on the motorway, or when the road gets slippy. Great in combination with the Audi quattro system. In the past I've bought cheaper Dunlops, and I run Bridgestones on my A3 S-line quattro 2l TFSI. Both the Bridgestones and Dunlop wear noticeably quicker, contrary to my expectations with the deep tread of the Vectors. They do look a bit agricultural though. Would definitely recommend these tyres.
    Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2022
    Given 74% while driving a Lexus CT200h (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
    Great when new - quiet, comfortable, handle well in wet &dry, good in snow, good on fuel. After three winters (15 months of use, and 21 months of storage) they lose their suppleness, comfort and grip. Plenty of tread left. Perhaps better to run all year round rather than swapping winter/summer every year, then at least you’ll get your money’s worth. Can’t see myself running them for one more winter season as they’ve lost their sparkle.
    Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2022
    Given 65% while driving a Rover 75 auto (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,600 average miles
    All good in terms of grip etc but absolutely abysmal in terms of noise. As soon as I drove off after having them fitted, I thought my front wheel bearings had gone, THAT'S how noisy they are. As soon as I can afford it, I'm having them taken off for something quieter.
    Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2022
    Given 86% while driving a Fiat Panda 4 x4 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 48 average miles
    So 48k miles and 6 Scottish winters (which last 9 months!). Fitted to our Fiat Panda Cross 4x4. 1.3tdi 95hp. Tyres factory fit. Now slightly passed the TWI (Naughty Boy) Tyres swapped round front to back each year. Mainly driven by wife. Can only criticise that things are a bit noisy especially on concrete stretches of Motorway. Dry grip, Cornering and braking are all confidence inspiring. That may well be down to the handling of the fantastic little Fiat. Will definitely swap for the new Gen 3 units any time soon. We have had great value for money out of these tyres. Chris
    Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2022
    Given 88% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 7,500 easy going miles
    I got these tyres fitted on my used three year old Focus, when I bought it. The fronts were down to about 4 mm remaining tread depth and were replaced by the dealer. The manufacturing date of the tyres matched those of the car. So I guess, those front tyres were good for around 40 - 45k kms (and another summer afterwards). I wasn't happy with the all seasons tyres fitted, as I live in a rather hilly area in Germany, that sees a decent amount of snow in winter. I bought an additional set of proper winter tyres and didn't have the Goodyears on in the snow. The tyres were good on the winding roads as well as on the motorway and in the city. They do, what tyres shall do. I was, quite frankly, amazed by the performance in the wet. Wet asphalt in long curves does not bother the tyre at all. Constant motorway speeds up to 180 kph (which I shouldn't have done) in pouring rain went like on rails. No score for snow and ice performance (as explained above) and no statement, if I would buy them again - I probably would, if no proper winters were necessary here.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2021
    Given 83% while driving a Volvo V40 CC T5 AWD (225/50 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
    Used previously on a smaller and lighter Skoda Fabia when the Vector 4 first appeared on the market, where they performed well all year round.
    However I'm finding on the heavier AWD Volvo they work better in the colder months of the year, particularly in the wet, whereas on hot summer days they can feel a little soft when cornering and if slightly harder braking is needed can induce abs intervention due to lock up.
    For the UK's current changing climate though they are overall a good trade off and save changing tyres twice a year between winter and summer.
    Don't do high mileage and the tyres are lasting well so far, therefore it maybe a while before replacements are needed, so better options might be out there by then but certainly consider Goodyear again.
    Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2019
    Given 44% while driving a Hyundai Ioniq (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 7,000 spirited miles
    I thought they were going to be gen2 but I made a mistake
    I bought in order to cope with hail and heavy raining here in Vasque Country.
    Neverheless, my original michelin energy are almost as bad in wet roads.
    It is even worse when I push flat the gas pedal, because these goodyear slide all over and can't provide the grip required.
    They are lasting much more than I'd like taking in mind my bad experience with them.
    I can't believe gen2 to be that much better. They have lost my confidence in this brand.
    Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2019
    Given 89% while driving a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 45,000 spirited miles
    Almost ready to replace at 72k km's (45ooomiles) - looking around at options but a great tyre for the high k's I do around steep, very wind-y roads in New Zealand. Grip really well.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on September 9, 2019
    Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen CC (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 30,000 average miles
    I bought these 4 years ago. 205/55 R16 set was on my small city car Astra GTC. Have driven those for 3 years , than sold Astra and I moved these tires to Passat CC to serve as winter tire. After 4 years total and ~30000 they performed quite good.

Strengths:
    Wet and rain grip exceptional
    Very good comfort and low road noise
    Mount and forget (You dont have to switch two sets)
    Very good in winter city conditions (I can confirm that in city driving during winter there is no difference compared with dedicated winter tires)

Weakness:
    After put on Passat CC for 1 year outer blocks on front tires started to tear. (I think this might be due to under-sizing, my car is factory put on 235/40 R18 and I am using way smaller 205/55 R16 Vectors, so with proper size this probably wont be an issue)
    Not good on Ice (Still lot better than Summer tire but you need to drive careful)

Conclusion: Great choice for rainy and wet climate since they are exceptional in rain and smart decision for mainly city driving - there is no difference compared with winter tires when driving in the city)
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2018
    Given 69% while driving a SEAT Ibiza (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
    I bought these tyres soon after I bought my car since winter was about to come and I wanted a tyre that could give me good performance in any condition. At first I didn't push them at all since I had just gotten the car and I had to get to know how it handled first. In this "calm" period I also got to drive them under a heavy snowfall with around 30cm (12in) of snow and they really behaved very well, they proved to be predictable and provided a surprisingly good grip without any wheelspin/lockup whatsoever. As time went by I started pushing the car more and more and I started finding their limits, which were not too high. I must say though that in my country temperatures can get high as 45°C (113°F) so wear might have been higher than usual. It seems that after 2 years of usage the thread compound has somewhat deteriorated since I find that they grip less than before, though I may be pushing them harder. My driving style is often very aggressive and it is definetly not suited to these tyres and to their thread pattern since pieces of rubber have been detaching. Progressiveness is pretty good, when they reach their limit they tend to make the car understeer but a few times I found myself correcting oversteering behaviours, in particular one time the car (whose ESP I had turned off that time) oversteered abruptly and without giving any warning, thankfully on a dry road that was pretty large and had no traffic so I managed to recover from the oversteer without consequences. In emergency manoeuvres they behave pretty predictably anyways. Dry grip is obviously decent but they can't match summer tyres, while in the wet they gain back some points with a sufficient grip and a good resistance to aquaplaning. Noise is decent too yet they make the typical winter tyre noise at mid/low speeds because of the sipes. They absorb road irregularities very well and give a good ride comfort overall. Wear has not been too bad given the hot weather and the aggressive driving style apart from the aforementioned detachment problems. I am getting a new car in a few days, a Seat Leon SC FR 1.4TSI and I definetly won't put all-season tyres on it because of my driving style, the car power (148bhp) and the weather of my country, but I think that in countries that have a colder weather and have more frequent snowfalls this tyre might be a good choice if you have a calmer driving style than me.
    Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2016