Goodyear Vector 4Seasons

The Goodyear Vector 4Seasons is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2.

Tyre review data from 50 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 562,242 miles driven.

The Vector 4Seasons is ranked 21st of 42 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2015 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 28th of 51 tyres

2014 All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Convincing all season tyre with safe, balanced qualities and good steering response in all weather conditions. Stable cornering and short braking distances in the snow, strong aquaplaning properties
  • Negative - None listed

225/55 R17 101V XL AO C E 70 11.00kgs
    215/60 R17 96H XL   C E 72 9.92kgs
    215/60 R17 96V XL   C C 72 9.96kgs
    255/45 R18 99V XL   E C 69 11.92kgs
    Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Vector 4Seasons Prices

Top 3 Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Bora (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
    Ran these for a year before selling the car. Day to day driving in all conditions, from motorways, towns and a good few miles on back country roads they were fine. Couldn't tell any difference between the Vectors and the summer tyres they replaced. Good wet handling, good aquaplaning, and you'd only really know they weren't a premium summer when pushing them hard and regularly.

In ice and snow they were brilliant. On the usual UK mix of untouched, first one out snow and the slushy, semi re-frozen mess they gripped and gripped. Handled hills in the snow without issue. The only time they lost grip was braking to a stop on 2 inches of ice - they took a bit longer than normal to stop. Short of studded tyres I wouldn't have expected instant braking in any winter tyre.

Overall a brilliant tyre to throw on and know you're covered in all conditions.
    51 - tyre reviewed on September 5, 2015
    Given 49% while driving a Citroën berlingo (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
    TYRES LASTED 5000 MILES DOWN TO 2MM NEVER BUY AGAIN even on the rear wheels only lasted 9000 miles tyres were kept at correct pressure for vehicle and vehicle is serviced on a regular basis also vehicle not overloaded
    29 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2018
    Given 87% while driving a Dacia stepway (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 3,500 average miles
    A really nice four seasonal preference. It gives confidence that it is a symbol of suitability for winter use. People generally do not rely on four seasons, but their minds change as they use it. It successfully completed the winter conditions. I did not see a flaw outside the stone collection :)
    11 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2017
    Have you driven on the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Vector 4Seasons >

Latest Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Volvo V40 CC T5 AWD (225/50 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
    Used previously on a smaller and lighter Skoda Fabia when the Vector 4 first appeared on the market, where they performed well all year round.
    However I'm finding on the heavier AWD Volvo they work better in the colder months of the year, particularly in the wet, whereas on hot summer days they can feel a little soft when cornering and if slightly harder braking is needed can induce abs intervention due to lock up.
    For the UK's current changing climate though they are overall a good trade off and save changing tyres twice a year between winter and summer.
    Don't do high mileage and the tyres are lasting well so far, therefore it maybe a while before replacements are needed, so better options might be out there by then but certainly consider Goodyear again.
    5 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2019
    Given 44% while driving a Hyundai Ioniq (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 7,000 spirited miles
    I thought they were going to be gen2 but I made a mistake
    I bought in order to cope with hail and heavy raining here in Vasque Country.
    Neverheless, my original michelin energy are almost as bad in wet roads.
    It is even worse when I push flat the gas pedal, because these goodyear slide all over and can't provide the grip required.
    They are lasting much more than I'd like taking in mind my bad experience with them.
    I can't believe gen2 to be that much better. They have lost my confidence in this brand.
    6 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2019
    Given 89% while driving a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 45,000 spirited miles
    Almost ready to replace at 72k km's (45ooomiles) - looking around at options but a great tyre for the high k's I do around steep, very wind-y roads in New Zealand. Grip really well.
    3 - tyre reviewed on September 9, 2019
    Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen CC (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 30,000 average miles
    I bought these 4 years ago. 205/55 R16 set was on my small city car Astra GTC. Have driven those for 3 years , than sold Astra and I moved these tires to Passat CC to serve as winter tire. After 4 years total and ~30000 they performed quite good.

Strengths:
    Wet and rain grip exceptional
    Very good comfort and low road noise
    Mount and forget (You dont have to switch two sets)
    Very good in winter city conditions (I can confirm that in city driving during winter there is no difference compared with dedicated winter tires)

Weakness:
    After put on Passat CC for 1 year outer blocks on front tires started to tear. (I think this might be due to under-sizing, my car is factory put on 235/40 R18 and I am using way smaller 205/55 R16 Vectors, so with proper size this probably wont be an issue)
    Not good on Ice (Still lot better than Summer tire but you need to drive careful)

Conclusion: Great choice for rainy and wet climate since they are exceptional in rain and smart decision for mainly city driving - there is no difference compared with winter tires when driving in the city)
    2 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2018
    Given 69% while driving a SEAT Ibiza (185/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
    I bought these tyres soon after I bought my car since winter was about to come and I wanted a tyre that could give me good performance in any condition. At first I didn't push them at all since I had just gotten the car and I had to get to know how it handled first. In this "calm" period I also got to drive them under a heavy snowfall with around 30cm (12in) of snow and they really behaved very well, they proved to be predictable and provided a surprisingly good grip without any wheelspin/lockup whatsoever. As time went by I started pushing the car more and more and I started finding their limits, which were not too high. I must say though that in my country temperatures can get high as 45°C (113°F) so wear might have been higher than usual. It seems that after 2 years of usage the thread compound has somewhat deteriorated since I find that they grip less than before, though I may be pushing them harder. My driving style is often very aggressive and it is definetly not suited to these tyres and to their thread pattern since pieces of rubber have been detaching. Progressiveness is pretty good, when they reach their limit they tend to make the car understeer but a few times I found myself correcting oversteering behaviours, in particular one time the car (whose ESP I had turned off that time) oversteered abruptly and without giving any warning, thankfully on a dry road that was pretty large and had no traffic so I managed to recover from the oversteer without consequences. In emergency manoeuvres they behave pretty predictably anyways. Dry grip is obviously decent but they can't match summer tyres, while in the wet they gain back some points with a sufficient grip and a good resistance to aquaplaning. Noise is decent too yet they make the typical winter tyre noise at mid/low speeds because of the sipes. They absorb road irregularities very well and give a good ride comfort overall. Wear has not been too bad given the hot weather and the aggressive driving style apart from the aforementioned detachment problems. I am getting a new car in a few days, a Seat Leon SC FR 1.4TSI and I definetly won't put all-season tyres on it because of my driving style, the car power (148bhp) and the weather of my country, but I think that in countries that have a colder weather and have more frequent snowfalls this tyre might be a good choice if you have a calmer driving style than me.
    6 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2016
    Given 84% while driving a Fiat 500l trekking (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 21,000 average miles
    Very good tyre, performed really well over 21000 miles on the fronts before changing. would recommend these tyres.
    8 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2016
    Given 86% while driving a Subaru Legacy (205/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
    It's difficult to give a rating out of ten for these tyres, simply for the reason that they're all weather tyres. In most conditions they're great, in some, such as the rare very hot days we can have in the UK, they become OK/good. To be honest, they go off a bit in the really hot weather and wear more quickly that ideal. However, as we typically have cool and moist conditions for the majority of the year, these tyres perform well for most of the year.

In the Summer, I can feel them get a touch soft and causes my Subaru to have hints of understeer. This can be fun, but not always. In the cooler Spring and Autumn, they really come into their own. On wet roads the wet-bias allows me to plough through anything and I am more likely to find myself falling out of the seat, rather than the car start to move around in the wrong direction. In winter, because they're not a full winter tyre, they lack the total experience, but they're rated M&S and quite frankly, that makes them better than the majority of summer tyres.

In short, I have no problems recommending these all-rounders for most people, most of the time, but if you have something with huge performance capabilities, I'd swallow the cost and have a dedicated set for summer and another for winter.
    5 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2015
    Given 86% while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
    Tried a set of these as I wanted a genuine set of all season tyres due to driving nationally throughout the year.

The only fault these tyres have is in very hot weather the braking doesn't feel as sharp as the equivalent Summer tyres (previously Continental) but apart from that I'd certainly buy again esp if the Gen 2 are an improvement.

In the recent snow in Jan I drove up a steep incline, left the car on the handbrake without sliding and the set off up the hill without wheelspinning. Braking was great in really bad weather inc snow and standing water.
    6 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
    Given 99% while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
    I bought these to use as all year tyres over two years ago, I live on the south coast so to be honest heavy snow is rarely a problem, however heavy rain is. I drive an Xtype AWD 3.0 as well as a Derv estate one, so the car's are surefooted anyway.
    The little bit of inland snow that we have had over the last few years is really insignificant, but no worries whatsoever when I have had to. Must admit I quite enjoyed sprinting away from stuff in the snow with no wheelspin or wandering over the road wet or dry. The car being AWD the traction available even on wet T junctions has to be experienced to be believed, some of this is down to AWD, I suspect most of it is down to the Vector's.

In the heavy rain we have, they leave a virtual cloud behind me at motorway speeds, I can always see the section of road I've been driving over in the mirrors, that's the bit that looks almost dry. I use the M25 quite a bit too, I have to admit over the concrete sections there's a little drumming, but no more than the previous favourite tyre, (Hankook) that I had were.

I drive usually about 30,000 miles a year, and I change my tyres at 2.5mm mainly because I ride motorcycles as well and I know the risk of low tread depth. Lets just say after a year i still had 4mm of tread left. i know they start out with slightly more than the average tyre, but I call that wear exceptional. My bike I usually get 4,000 if I'm lucky.

I just bought another Xtype, a diesel estate that can carry a bit more "junk" than my saloon, it came with some Chinese Death finders on it. I've swopped them for Vectors and I feel like I have a safe vehicle again.

My wife's car has Hankook on it, because I was really happy with them on my Xtype so when they wear out it will be getting a set of these on it. She only drives about 3,000 a year so it probably won't be this year, but it will happen.

I also have a set of Snow tyres in the shed for my car. They stayed in there this last winter. mainly because I wanted to try the Vectors in full snow conditions. Unfortunately I never got the chance although we had some heavy hail that looked like it had snowed on the road, they handles it without any drama. The way the cars around me were slowing to a crawl, I can only assume that they were having skating lessons.

I've been driving now for well over 35 years. I'm tired, and have been told I should sleep at some point, you wouldn't want my fuel bill, but I've never experienced grip and confidence at the level that these tyres give me.
    Enough said.
    2 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2015
    Given 93% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 130 (225/50 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
    Extremely pleased with these tyres. The recent heavy snowfall which saw cars being abandoned everywhere in Sheffield caused me no problems at all. Excellent in fresh deep snow and feel very controlled. Not so good on ice but what tyre is? Would definitely buy again as give the car a very secure stable feel.
    1 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2015
    Given 74% while driving a Skoda Fabia Estate Greenline (175/65 R15) on mostly motorways for 34,000 easy going miles
    In January 2013 I bent my nice new company Skoda Fabia estate on a stone wall near where we live in the Pennines to the west of Huddersfield. It was snowing, I wasn’t driving, I’d parked up to shovel snow on a slight incline and the car slid back, all its wheels locked until the open drivers’ door caught the stone wall. I had got through the bad winters since 2007 using snow chains on company cars. These are great and can get you almost anywhere but putting them on and taking them off is a pain, the maximum speed is 30 mph and as soon as you get back on tarmac, off they come; they are of little use on the mixed snow/ice/slush combination that we get on the UK’s roads in winter. Unlike a lot of people round here, I don’t like to park my car half a mile away on the main road; it could get hit by an skidding vehicle, it will get covered in salt and might get sprayed with wet snow from a snow plough that freezes and makes getting into the car the morning after somewhat difficult. The company won’t, as a matter of policy, fit winter tyres, which were the obvious solution, so I the best I could do was argue for a set of Goodyear Vector4Season tyres. These were fitted in November 2013 when the original Dunlop SP’s finally wore out after 50,000 miles. Then it didn’t snow in the 2013/14 winter, even up in the Pennines but the wet weather performance and the summer dry weather performance were tested to the full. On these measures the tyres are good. In the wet weather they felt much more stable and didn’t have any tendency to aquaplane no matter how much water was on the road surface. They didn’t slip on the steep and turning road that approaches our house when the Dunlop’s frequently spun, even in dry weather. In the dry, I didn’t notice any difference but then I am not into “exploring the outer limits of handling of the car” as I was asked once in a well-known national chain of tyre fitters so perhaps I wouldn’t notice any difference – well it is only a 1.2 diesel.
    But it was the snow performance that I really wanted to test and I had to wait for 34,000 miles and 13 months until 27th and 28th December 2014 to see how the Goodyear’s performed on snow and ice. Finally, we woke to 5-10 cm of snow and the need to go somewhere early in the morning. I reversed down the road past the house and onto the side road that leads to the A62. This side road is never gritted or ploughed and it is steep and twisty. We negotiated it with without difficulty, got onto the A62, realised we had forgot something and went back, driving right up to the house without so much as a twitch of the traction control on the snow. We went over Scapegoat Hill, to over 1,000’ up and onto the snow covered A640, overtaking a 4x4 making slow progress on the way. With a clear wide road covered in snow and going downhill, I did a couple of hard braking tests and the car stopped in a straight line, with no fuss, no sliding and no drama.
    On the way into Leeds, a dual carriage way had the left lane clear and full of cars doing 20 mph. The right lane was snow covered so I nudged the Fabia into the snow covered second lane and went past them all. The feeling of stability and control on the snow was amazing.
    On the 28th, a beautifully sunny day, we went up to the top of the A62 on Standedge, took pictures walked around then drove back along the snow covered hilly back roads to the see various relations. There was a lot of black ice around and the tyres coped well going uphill, and when driving appropriately with due regard to the conditions, went downhill in control. No non-studded tyre will give good grip on ice – I have driven in Sweden in the depths of winter on studded tyres – but at least the Goodyears with multiple Vee shaped cross grooves gives you a better chance of finding some traction on ice compared to the normal summer tyres with their big circumferential grooves and tiny water clearing cross grooves.
    In short, the best tyres I have ever had on a car. They have lasted well, so far with 34,000 miles and still 5-6 mm of tread. It will be an interesting comparison when the car goes back in February 2015 to be replaced by our own Mini which be coming with a set of winter tyres – Goodyear don’t make a Vector4Season in the size for the Mini. Any negatives? The fuel consumption got worse dropping from 67ish to less than 64, both figures being well short of what Skoda promise for its Greenline models but that is another story.
    3 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2014
    Given 74% while driving a Mitsubishi GTO (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
    fine tires for very mild east-european winter
    good in low temperatures (5*C to -5*C)
    BUT... in higher temps (higher than 15*C) when comditions are dry the car is sliding everywhere, when it's raining the grip is very good,
    during winter it was okay until the first snow ... when you're driving only in the city - it's okay, but outside it (and on a highway) those tires can try to kill you (even with all wheel drive!) ... they don't like snowy conditions... they accept them, but just do not like ;-)))

GY Vector 4 Seasons are like average winter tires with a bit harder rubber. I paid 600€ for 225/50R17 and i expected much more. You can buy good "new" premium winter tires made a few years before (so the rubber became harder) and you'll get the same... and you'll pay much less...
    2 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2014