Goodyear Wrangler HP AllWeather Reviews - Page 2

Given 64% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 4 (225/55 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 easy going miles
These tires came new on my Discovery 4 HSE (3.0SD). I drive gently, mostly on highways with the occasional off road trip. The tires have done 40,000km without any problems or complaints and they still have 3.5-4mm tread left but they are now chipping right across the face on the front and have become noisy so time for replacement. I am looking at other brands, I probably wouldn't buy these again which is a pity as they worked quite well. I suspect other brands will provide better mileage and be less prone to chipping or flaking.
Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2015
Given 74% while driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee (245/70 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
I used these tyres on my gradn cherokee from new.I dont run so fast and specially I drive motorways and sometimes urban road. 35000 miles per set. I will buy again .
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 80% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover V8 Vogue (255/55 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 37,000 average miles
Good all season tyres (for East Germany climate), DOT 2007 lasted 60k+ kilometers and still have some good 2 milimetres to TWI left, which I consider to be a great achievement! Unfortunately they got a bit hard after years and I am looking to buy a new set as they don't go well on wet or snowy surface anymore as they used to.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2014
Want to know what the BEST AT tires are? Watch below!
Given 100% while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 185 HP (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 13 spirited miles
Absolutely Fantastic!!! I have driven my XC90 AWD very hard over the last 13,000 miles with these on the front and they are still at 6mm!! I have also towed a 1,500kg caravan a lot so the grip from the front tyres must be immense but they have never flickered. Rain, mud, snow, ice, hot sticky tarmac.....you name it, these bad boys just take them head on and nothing deters them. Have just bought a new set for the front today and have placed the 6mm ones on the back to replace some nasty Hankook Dynapro HP's that were on when I bought the car (do not buy or use the Hankooks).

What more can I say, if you have a 4WD vehicle be it an XC90, Disco, Navara etc, then buy these tyres, you will not be disappointed. Simply brilliant and look good too with a nice solid tyre wall and mean tread pattern.

Also I highly recommend, Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel from Halfords as this stuff makes them glossy and black and lasts for up to a month!

100% Fantastic tyre, go on treat yourself.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2014
Given 93% while driving a Nissan Navara 2.5tdi (255/76 R17) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
These tires came new on my 2006 nissan navara
the odometer has just turned 50000 miles and they need replacing
they have never let me down on snow ,rain or dry.
we have a farm and i have seen me being buried to the sills many times and with a bit of rocking and deflation i have always managed to get out of it.
have just ordered another set that will hopefully see me to 100,000 miles.
great tire on and off road .
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2014
Land Rover Discovery 2 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 120,000 spirited miles
I have used a variety of tyres on my Discovery including Michelin and Pirelli Scorpions and the Wrangeler is by far the best in all conditions. I also got between 55,000 and 60,000 miles out of a set and I don't hang around. Also very well behaved with a front wheel blow out on the motorway. New ones seem to be getting hard to source now.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2014
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan Escape 2.0tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
Over 35000 miles the fronts still have 3mm of tread & the rear's have 5mm. What excellent wear and performance from a top quality tyre. Highly Recommended!!!
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2013
Given 81% while driving a Nissan Pathfinder (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
I have had these tyres on the car since I purchased it nearly 3 years ago.. The tyres weren't quite brand new when I got the car but this is now the first time I am having to consider changing them. I am very confident for the safety of my family in all conditions with these tyres. I am buying a new set of Goodyear Wranglers.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2013
Given 77% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 3 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
These have been exceptional tyres for the LR3 which we brought in 2009 with the Goodyear Wranglers fitted. Since then, the tyres lasted until the 60,000 km mark before starting to deteriorate and needing to be replaced. In the almost 3 years we have driven these in Muscat Oman, we have undertaken a lot of desert driving (requiring deflation and reinflation of the tyres and a fair bit of driving on tarmac with the tyres delated), alot of mountain and wadi driving on very hard and rough 4 wheel drive tracks and also regular trips tp Dubai from Muscat. Temperatures range in Muscat from mid 20C to regular 40+C days in summer and up to highs of 53C. This is a harsh environment for tyres and the Goodyear Wranglers have been impressive and give piece of mind when driving.
Helpful 82 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2012
Given 37% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 4 (255/55 R19) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Excessive flaking started on 20 000km. Front tyres now in poor condition at 31000km. Not the tyre you would expect on a car that must "take you beyond"! Will not buy again!
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2012
Given 96% while driving a Land Rover Discovery Series 2 TD5 (255/55 R18 H) on mostly country roads for 80,000 spirited miles
they say you get what you pay for,well for the extra money spent,these tyres have payed back in high mileage(40,000+),they cut though snow and mud,and on black ice(lets say im still here with no marks to the disco)and bendy roads kept on the stright ,around towns grip is realy good with very little to none road noise(its a disco and noisy),in emergancy stops IT STOPS,i would recommend to all, who want a good all round tyre, for mud and snow and high mileage
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2012
Given 100% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover TD6 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 60 average miles
I had Goodyear Wranglers as original equipment on my 2004 Range Rover 3.0 diesel. They did 50,000 miles and were still legal when I replaced them with another set of Wranglers in autumn 2009. I saw that they were the tyres used non Range Rovers when I did a Land Rover Adventure off-road course and they coped amazingly well with deep, soft mud, climbing out of the lake etc. I am sorry that they hqave been replaced as OEM on current Range Rovers as I had great confidence in them and the slow rate wear was very good. In 60,000 miles I never had a puncture either!
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2011