Goodyear Wrangler HP AllWeather

Goodyear Wrangler HP AllWeather Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 50% while driving a Kia Motors Sorento 2.5 XE Manual (245/70 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Was expecting more from these, they replaced a very old and worn out set of Bridgestone duelers and the only positive is that they are alot quieter. The mk1 sorento is actually pretty quiet at motorway speeds and these tyres are H rated which I liked as the car is primarily used on road and at higher speeds. Ride comfort is worse than expected and a drop from the factory settings is required to maintain comfort but at that point Sidewall flex is quite high. I think I have found a middle ground for pressures but again, not as good as I was hoping for. This tyre probably works better in a more 'modern' lower profile size. Mpg has not changed appreciably. The car does not feel as confident on wet roundabouts as the old tyres, this model runs in rear drive only unless 4wd is selected for off road use. Not recommended for this car and I will be going elsewhere next time if they ever wear out.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2020
Land Rover (255/65 R16) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Have used these tyres for some years on Range Rover P38 without any of the usual tram lining etc. A great allroun tyre at a sensible price.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2020
Given 74% while driving a Mercedes Benz ML (255/65 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
I'm on my second set of these and they are good in the dry and wet, but they don't shine in the snow and ice.They get you through winter, though.Wear is good, they lasted 45k km, which in my experience with the ML is very good. Comfort is ok, noise is minimal. I will stick to them because it's the only premium tyre that won't break the bank that I find on my size.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 6, 2020
Given 66% while driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 easy going miles
I've stayed with Wrangler Goodyear M+S 235/65 R 17 104 . Now on 5th or 6th set! at only 75,000! first set I got almost 15,000 miles out of but down hill since then. Last set fitted 6,000 miles ago almost worn now and I drive GENTLY. My boy racer days were over long ago. I don't understand it-maybe they were imitations?I'll go for a harder wearing tire next time.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2020
Given 63% while driving a Nissan Navara D23 2,3TDI 190HP (255/60 R18 V) on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
Initial thoughts right after tyre change.
The tyres have a harsh ride! might need less than the prescribed pressure, but switching from Conti LX2's the ride comfort is way worse!
The breaking distance seems longer but rugged sidewalls seem to provide with more immediate response to driver input, which is really not what one looks for in the category.
Haven't gotten off-road yet but I expect a lot of that coming soon.
10 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Isuzu DMAX (265/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Put these on Isuzu dmax a couple of weeks back, good fuel economy and much quieter than the tyres I had fitted.I feel safe with these although with all tyres in snow and iced conditions you have to drive carefully. No tyres guarantee you won't slide.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Given 60% while driving a Hyundai Santa Fe (235/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
Not very tough as I quickly got a puncture when I drove over a piece of broken plate that I thought was paper. As I drive out of our street to join the main road there is a slight incline, but in winter weather the tyres do not grip the road and I constantly slide/skid on to the main road and have had many near misses
3 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2019
Given 96% while driving a Land Rover Discovery Sport (235/60 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
Fitted the good year to my Discovery Sport I have used these tyres on 5 other Discoverys and I have always found them a very good tyre in the dry and the wet they have never let me down in the Highlands of a Scotland in the winter months and they have been really good in deep snow and ice I also travel to Spain and they have performed well in the very hot weather. I normally get about 30 000 miles out of the tyres so not to bad for mainly motorway driving
17 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2018