Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21

The BluEarth-4S AW21 incorporates Yokohama’s latest winter-tyre technologies to provide drivers with outstanding performance on icy and snowy winter roads as well as excellent dry and wet performance under more normal driving conditions. The tyre also features a newly developed tread pattern that features an optimal balance of edge area and surface contact area.

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 4,014 miles driven.

The BluEarth 4S AW21 is ranked 29th of 41 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2020 All Season Tyre Market Overview - 32 Tyre Braking Test - 23rd of 33 tyres

2019 All Season Tyre Performance Overview - 15th of 31 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21

2018-12-11 - New XC60 4x4 (235/55/R19 V) comes with Latitude road tyres that are no use to me. I live on Dartmoor hence mud and stones plus some ice and snow. I need a sturdy all season tyre capable of a bit of off road but also capable of dealing with poor road conditions with gravel potholes and stones. Strong sidewalls. Currently using Yokohama Geolandars which last for ever but probably aren't the best in snow or in the wet. Looking at Scorpion Verde all season FSL with rim protector band. But the Verde is runflat M&S which seems like a good idea but how good on stones off road? Any suggestions - most other makes only have an H speed rating - I should have V though I'm not likely to exceed 130!

I'm afraid I'm currently out of my depth when it comes to SUV. This test includes both all season and AT tyres which are legal winter tyres and will give you an idea regarding the balance of performance.

BluEarth 4S AW21 Prices

Top 3 Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Honda CRV (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Great looking tyre with plenty of all round uniform tread.
164 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2018
Given 51% while driving a Skoda (205/60 R19 H) on a combination of roads for 14 average miles
I fitted 2 YOKOHAMA "BLUE EARTH" tyres to the front of my car May 2017.After only 14,632 miles one had a crack running the full circumference of the outer tread next to the outer wall. I found it very difficult to contact YOKOHAMA and l still had no reply after 3 weeks. AVON ZV5 same size fitted to the same position on the same vehicle reached 21,145 .Fitted to the rear 28,000, performance wet and dry roads was very similar to that of the YOKOHAMA.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2020
Given 81% while driving a Subaru XV 2.0 D (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
OE tyres G95A by Yokohama, M+S designed with not that good performance on wet. Tyres are somewhat designed for "all terrain" use, Geolandar series, so it was not a surprise. Then I switched to G055 M+S tyres over again, good tread wear, good in the wet and in the dry, sufficient in the snow as the G95A was -the AWD proved axcellent and overtaking winter tyres equipped cars-. Last I put on weather control A005 from Bridgestone, very good in dry and et, but too winter oriented and soft compound, tread wear not an asset at all -blistering noted on the edges after 30,000 km, trew them away. I drove 80,000 miles with the liste tyres, then I put on the 4S AW21, giving credit to Yokohama first real all season tyre. They are developed from a summer tyre as far as I know, I hope this is true as the tread depth is not excessive. So far so good, wet and dry performance is very good, cornering in the wet is excellent wiht my car. Only lihgt snow tested, but I do not pretend that much as I rely on the AWD and even a fair performance becomes a good performance thanks to the symmetrical AWD with the viscous centre diff and limited slip, so the snow and ice ratings are not a reason of choice for me. First impression was they are a bit better than the Bridgestone A005, but performance may dramatically change according to tyre size and vehicle, on my car this tyre by far outperforms the bridgestone A005, althouhg my expectation was not to that direction.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2020
Have you driven on the Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21 >

Latest Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21 Reviews

Volkswagen (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I can't comment on snow and ice grip as yet but dry and wet grip perfectly acceptable (Golf MK 6 1.2 TSI) through some spirited driving. Only downside is steering feel when manoeuvring - tyres give very odd sensation but nothing so bad that would stop me buying again
0 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2020