I have bought 2 tyres , 225 40 18 92y, to fit on the front axle in my Bmw 320d E46. I have chosen them based on reviews and many tyres test found on the internet. Previously, i used to have Conti Sport Contact 5, so i will compare Dunlop with Conti. When i started to search for tyres, I tried to find a comfortable, quiet and a low mass tyre, because it can be a 1,5 kg difference between tyres brands. So i decided to buy Dunlop Sport MAxx rt2:
- dry grip is good, the tyre is sticky when it's getting hot, but the lateral walls are way to soft. It's good for ride quality, but not for high speed corners. The tyre simply can't hold the weight of the car in a sporty drive, even with 2,7 bar pressure.
- wet grip is ok, but the problem with softness still remains, so the car gets some understeer, both in dry and wet;
- road feedback is good, but not as good as Conti SC5. Sometimes, the car understeers, but i can't feel it in the steering wheel. With Conti, i knew better what;s going on with front wheels;
- wear is good i think, i've done about 3.000 km with these tyres , with some sporty drive, and they are as new;
- comfort is good, they are quiet and comfortable to drive;
- i will not buy them again, just because of the softness of the sidewalls. These tyres can't hold the car in high speed or tight corners, not because the grip, but because the deformation of the sidewalls;
I think they suit more for city driving, or cars with less mass, like Golf, Astra, Focus.
I would buy again Conti SC5, or Michelin PS4.