Landsail Qirin 990

The Landsail Qirin 990 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 14,900 miles driven.

The Qirin 990 is ranked 97th of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

2021 ViBilagare Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very good dry braking, low noise.
  • Negative - Poor handling in the dry, understeer in the wet, low aquaplaning resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail Qirin 990
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Landsail Qirin 990. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Landsail Qirin 990 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a BMW E39 520i Touring (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
I had to try these. Very cheap and according to the EU-label they should be very good. Fuel: B, Wet: A, Noise: 68dB. I put Landsail Sentury Qirin 990 on the front (half worn Sava in the rear), and the first thing I noticed was how quiet the car became. Interior noise was significantly reduced. Comfort is also very good. They're soft and nice over bumps, not harsh at all. In turns they feel firm/tight and composed. When emergency braking, they also feel good. In the wet they're amazing. I've driven through pretty deep water puddles at approx. 70km/h, with no signs of the front wanting to aquaplan. Also if I'm attempting skids in wet roundabouts, there is no understeer. The car is on stock suspension, and that's usually a recipe for understeer. I'll give a updated review when I've driven them more, but so far I only have good things to say about them. Exceptional value!
51 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2020
Given 53% while driving a Renault Megane Estate 1.6DCi (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres were fitted to my old Megane/2012 130hp, to replace the old Dunlop SportMaxx RT -205/50R17Y, only used in summer season. I feel like they are decent in the dry if you are not really pushing to the limit. I cannot complain about the wear at all, as I drove only 8.000 km Not quiet as my old tires, even if a lower noise level is indicated on the label. But, even are rated on label as XL, ZR and high weight index, the tyre have soft sidewalls. Drawback: they seem deflated all the time even with higher pressure, and slow response to steering ! Due this, I felt insecure, especially at high speed on highways. To be honest, although it is an extremely cheap tyre, I will return to the pro range tyres and I will not buy again Landsail.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2020
Given 83% while driving a BMW E39 520i Touring (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
An update to my previous review, as I'm replacing the 520i with a sportier model. It's a tire I would highly recommend for an average driver focusing on comfort rather than sporty feel. I never tested the tires to the limit, as the (comfort) limit of my slow, stock, wallowy E39 520i Touring is reached before the limit of the tires. The tire doesn't feel sporty, by any means. It's a soft comfort/touring tire. Bad/harsh road surfaces, speedbumps etc. is pretty well absorbed by the tires, and doesn't transfer much at all to the steering wheel. Because of this, they're less direct (steering-wise) than sportier tires, but that is to be expected. Not bad at all. As the Megane-driver points out, they tend to look a little deflated because of the soft sidewalls, but I can't say I ever felt any insecurity at any speed because of this. It might have something to do with the higher weight and softer suspension of the BMW, compared to the Renault. I also keep the tire pressure around 2.7-2.8 bar / 40psi. I found wet grip phenomenal! Through puddles and wet roads at all speeds, I've never once felt aquaplaning or lost steering feel. I found myself looking for puddles and increasing the speed to see if I could reach the aquaplaning limit. The noise level is also very low. I haven't driven them a lot of miles, but they show nearly no sign of wear at all. For a daily driver that's driven easy/average, I highly recommend these tires. For a sporty car and/or spirited driving style, I would recommend something else.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2021
Have you driven on the Landsail Qirin 990 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Landsail Qirin 990? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Landsail Qirin 990 >

Latest Landsail Qirin 990 Reviews

Given 50% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,100 spirited miles
Those are cheap tires. I am used to Premium tyres so my appreciation is based on my earlier experiences. The car was previously fitted with Continental PremiumContact6 and in the winter Pilot Alpin 5. When I fitted these tyres, I directly noticed the difference in noise compared to the Pilot Alpin 5. The Landsail are a lot noisier. The breaking distance on dry weather is really long compared event to the Michelin winter. At tires mid-life I noticed a real Aquaplanning difference. I felt unsafe and I need to lower my speed on highways under the speed limit which was not with winter Michelin and previously Continental summer. At 8.100 miles the front tires were done. I have now driven a few hundred miles in this configuration : Continental PremiumContact 6 4MM upfront and Quirin 990 4MM back. I am really scared when comes the rain. Dry handling is fine but not really sporty as I like them to be in this configuration I feel really the difference in grip. When breaking hard the ABS is really working hard to leave the back from the car behind the front axle... Emergency breaking need some focus on the steering wheel. The tyre wear is fine as I usually average those kind of milage. For the price, they last really well. Those tires are a consent to weight. But as tires are the only contact linking me to the road so I am a little demanding on the performances. It was my first experience on cheap tires and it will be my last.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2021