Davanti DX390

The Davanti DX390 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 61% over 91,244 miles driven.

The DX390 is ranked 123rd of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 18 tyres

• Overall - Magazine note - Conditionally recommended - "it is only available in a few ways, and we know that the different production times can give significantly different characteristics, so it is far from certain that the purchased copy is so good will be like the test arrived"
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX390
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Davanti DX390. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Davanti DX390 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
I purchased this tyres for around £50 per tyre and have had a full set of 4. I have driven 9000 miles and the front was down to 2mm and the rear on about 4mm. I purchased two front tyres and cost £100. I am very impressed with these tyres as I purchased them over the continental premium contact 2's that the car came with and I noticed a change straight away. As I drive a hybrid I'm used to quiet and these tyres are quiet. They grip well on corners/roundabout really well in both dry and wet conditions. (17-23mph). Wear is good as if I changed the front and back at around 3mm I would likely get another 6000 miles. So 15000 miles on a full set would be great but as I like to change two at a time and weighting up the pros and cons.

I have driven mostly around town, however with a few country lanes and the average motorway trip. I would say around 7000 town, 1000 countryside and 1000 motorway approx.

I am very likely to be purchasing these again as the overall price per mile is very good.
If a new better tyre comes out then I might be persuaded to change.
76 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2016
Given 29% while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi (205/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,500 spirited miles
Bought for my car what an absolute nightmare! It has also destroyed the handling of my car! I'll never buy these again! Nearly worn out after 5000 miles! I'm trying Rain Sport 3's next time!
26 - tyre reviewed on July 24, 2017
Given 25% while driving a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v (175/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 144 average miles
I purchased 2 davanti dx390 tyres17/12/16 for the front of my punto grande for what is meant to be 67db noise level and c and c rating set and fuel ratings. The noise level I think is terrible. I know different surfaces gives different rolling sound but in general...motorway and urban not happy. I dispute they are 67db . Gladly change them! One dayband I don't like them.
24 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2016
Have you driven on the Davanti DX390 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Davanti DX390? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Davanti DX390 >

Latest Davanti DX390 Reviews

Given 10% while driving a Audi A3 (225/45 R17) on for 1,000 easy going miles
had 4 on my audi a3 thought id try them out but i made a mistake because they are in my opinion poor grip so id avoid them has i dont rate them at all there just pricer budget tyres there no way mid range tyres id rather get premium pirelli p7 at 20 more each corner ,i cant stand budget tyres there not safe i only but pirrelli p7 from now
1 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2021
Given 61% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Bought 2 of these tyres to be fitted to the rear wheels when the garage couldn't source another pair of Toyo Proxes TR1's to match what I have on the front. Bit of a gamble but so far they appear to be decent for the money I paid (approx £60 each). In the dry they grip fairly well, but it does sometimes feel as though the rear of the car is losing grip far quicker than the Toyos at the front are (and the GT Radial's they replaced), but they are definitely quieter than the tyres they replaced. In the wet they are decent- around town and on the motorway I have no problems, but they can feel slightly floaty at speed on a twisty road in the wet. The wear seems to be decent, however there are large wear marks at the outside of the tread very near the sidewall compared to further in which makes me wonder how evenly they are wearing. Also it's worth noting that the rear of the car now feels heavier than before, as though I have a boot full of heavy stuff which has slightly hit my fuel economy. Overall, if comfort and noise at your priority and you do most of your driving around town/on a motorway then they are good for the price. If like me you like to drive towards the limit and enjoy a good country road, I would pay more for something like the Proxes TR1's.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.2 12V (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I know i know. We've all read fake reviews. So why are youn reading this. Anothyer put up(Note the spelling mistake intentiamnaol) to show you you Im real. Anyway These Davanti tyres are fantastic/superb etc. I inherited a crap VW polo via the missus. The ride was awful. The barstards had not only not looked afetr the car but the tyres were shot. They thought theyd given me a gift. Asholes. Anyway to cut a long story short when the full servive became due (which included drilling out the fucking sparkplugs as they were welded into the head!!!!!) i asked the vw team to fit new tyres. I was offered a premium brand and the Davantis. I opted for the Davantis due to their low db rating . . 68 if I recall. The result was was a transformation of a terrible car into a comfortable motor. I don't ask much of life but these tyres are well designed to give a superb driving experience. In other words they are the dogs bollocks! i suppose the edited version wont have the chrisma of the original text. I have just had Davantis fitted to my campervan so look out. Love to all Roberto
0 - tyre reviewed on April 22, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
bought two for the front of my diesel focus on a 2012 plate. at first I thought I was losing efficiency, but not the case. a new battery during august reset all my stats and now I have improved my efficiency by 1.5 mpg, 54 to 55.7. they hold the road well, corner lovely, reasonably quiet and very little rumble feedback. not sure what they are going to be like in the snow or icy roads, but if you drive to the conditions then you should be ok. i really dont see an issue with the Davantis, I am having the rear tyres done this afternoon, so will have a full set. it may be that these are best suited to the smaller family car rather than the racing maniacs cars, having said that i have cornered at 60 mph without any slide, so feel quite safe with these.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Audi A1 (185/60 R15 H) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
I bought these from a friends garage, Harborne Tyres and told him I would leave a review as I was really Happy with the service and the tyres. He said this was the best place to write a review as you can’t do it on his website. Only drive an A1 and don’t drive fast so not sure exactly how to score some of the above, but the tyres have been really good so far so tried to reflect that in the marks. First time I’ve changed the tyres from the ones it came on. Can’t notice any difference which he said was good as the same tyres he replaced would have cost me a lot more.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 2.0 TDI 140bhp (205/55 R16 W) on mostly town for 28,000 average miles
Got these fitted two years ago and went back to o the garage for my MOT expecting to have to change them and they’ve still got 30% left on them apparently. They’ve been great and we’re cheap compared to some of the other brands they quoted.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Chrysler voyager (215/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 5,500 average miles
I've had Goodyear tyres on my voyager for 13 years but my supplier could not get them this time for me, which is how we came to fit Davanti. I have just returned from a 800 mile round trip and the ride was unbelievable - 60%/75% quieter and smoother than ever before. Made our trip very enjoyable. I've been telling all my friends and relatives how good the tyres are.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Mitsubishi Outlander (225/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
Really bad tyre for the sake of an extra £20 a corner buy a premium brand. Slide in the wet just not up to the job. Buy cheap, even though they were not the cheap buy twice that’s if you don’t end up in a box first. Chinese made rubbish. Avoid at all costs heed my words.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2020
Given 22% while driving a Mercedes Benz A (195/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Part way through lockdown found that one of my firestone tyres had an egg in the sidewall so went to a local garage to have them changed - the only garage I could find open at the time (was a bit reluctant to go that garage as I'd been there before and had a bad experience where they tried to claim all my tyres were beyond the limit when they were nowhere near, but backtracked when I pointed out they were nowhere near the rubber markers, this time funny enough they said all my other tyres were also beyond the limit, but only backtracked on one that I said had only been fitted just before lockdown - hmmm... - certainly wouldn't go back to them charlatans - also they were a bit of a joke too laughing about this covid-19 crisis, not keeping social distance at all or anything and finding this covid-19 all one big joke - I was just like let me get the heck out of here - the first thing the guy said to me when I arrived for the tyre change was "I've not got it, you've not got it so we're good" - erm... yeah it takes 2 weeks to show up so how do either of us know that??). Asked the guys what premium tyres they had in - asked if they had any firestones, bridgestones, goodyear, etc.... nope - all they had was these davanti's which they claim were their premium tyres. Never heard of Davanti's before but they did have a number of adverts up in the window for davanti's and pictures of them on rally cars so I guessed if they're good enough for rally cars then we'll see how they go on the merc. They are so bad. In the past I've always had decent low-noise tyres on my vehicle, being autistic I hate too much noise. These things are noisy as anything and handling is anything but premium - prior to this I had some firestone roadhawks, and on my old car I had goodyear efficientgrip performance. Both are reasonably good tyres - my favourite out of them two has to be the efficientgrips - they were something else, and they certainly changed the handling of a zafira! Fuel efficiency of these tyres is absolutely appalling too - it feels like I'm dragging lead weights around. At the moment not going very far in the car, only to go get shopping and that's it so they'll do for now, but once this virus threat is fully lifted and things getting back to proper normality then I'll consider buying some new goodyears to replace these davantis.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Renault Clio III Extreme 1.6 (185/60 R15 N) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
These tyres are an absolute death trap, made my car handle much worse than before. They are ok in the dry but can just lost it at any point with no warning and they are terrible in the wet.. I've skidded I don't know how many times on roundabouts going no faster that 15mph when it's been damp. They are a joke, honestly just pay a bit more and get better tyres. Can't wait to get them off and definitely won't be recommending them to anyone.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2020
Given 76% while driving a Honda Civic (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
These tyres represent fantastic value for money. Sure they are not the best tyres out there and are probably not suitable for racing as some on here seem to expect, but this is a quality budget tyre.

I have has a pair of these on the front of my 2004 honda civic 1.7 ctdi for 12000 miles and they are about 50% worn (4-5mm). Slightly poor performance in the wet, but if you are sensible and skillful driver these tyres are great.
10 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019
Given 37% while driving a SEAT Mii (185/55 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
when i bought my car these were already fitted, and they wouldn't be my first choice as i'm a tyre snob, but they seem to grip fairly well in the dry spirited country drives aren't too bad, but in the wet they feel a little squirmy and make you want to back off, but their real downside is rolling resistance, as soon as you lift off the speed drops quickly, and as such you use a fair bit of fuel, even though my car weighs under a ton fully loaded.

Can't say much for wear although they had just over 1000 miles when i got the car, and done just about 4000 miles with them, and still a decent amount of tread left.

but definitely going to replace them with a well known brand, so i could at least trust the tyres my car has.
8 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2018