Nokian W+

The Nokian W Plus is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 144,900 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nokian W Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian W Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian W Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian W Plus Review

Given 40% while driving a SEAT Cordoba Vario 1.4MPI 60HP (165/70 R13) on mostly town for 3,500 easy going miles
I experience a lot of under steering with this tires. This winter we didn`t have a lot of snow here in Bulgaria. You probably know when it is foggy outside how the roads get wet. On this wet roads those tires are pure garbage.
Last weekend I almost hit a tree while cornering with less than 40 km/h. The temperature was 9 degrees C , so it was not icy.
Would not recommend even to my worst enemy!
15 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2014

Latest Nokian W Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian W Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nokian W Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nokian W Plus >>

Given 40% while driving a Renault Laguna II (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Poor at wet roads especialy on turns. Will never buy again, i had few really unpleasynt situations I've never had with other brands.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2020
Given 69% while driving a Suzuki Swift (165/70 R14 T) on mostly town for 43,400 average miles
I originally got this tire for Suzuki Swift. It is a bit loud and tends to shake on dry roads. The car is consuming a bit of fuel. It adheres very well on wet and snowy roads and is easy to handle with the icy road. The tires wear slowly. I wouldn't buy it again, but I would recommend it to everyone because it is an excellent winter tire.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2019
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 70% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector 1.8 (225/45 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
It's my first time every driving in snow, bought a car with these already on so I gave it a chance. Well in sweden we got a lot of snow and ice, I don't feel comfort at all in the snow-muddy curves or on straight lines because u feel the tires lose its grip on mud. One day I came behind a snow plow truck and went uphill, when the plower drove off and I could gas up a little - the f*cking tires wouldn't get a grip so my fiance had to push the car up until I got a grip on the road.. I know I drove a bit slow up but still . Well maybe I need other tires or maybe it's normal when it's a lot of snow, I have to experience more winters with different tires to know. But when the road is dry I do feel a real comfort and safety in the tires because then you really feel the grip on the road, just a bit noisy on the highway but maybe just my car :-) and it's not the pattern that is bad, actually the look brand new.
Saab 9-3 2008
2 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Volvo S40 (195/60 R15) on mostly town for 4,000 easy going miles
Previously had Nokian WR for four winter seasons and they were excellent. Last autumn bought W+ since they were significantly cheaper. Unfortunately, the difference is also significant. In wet conditions traction on W+ is poor, and they just don't give you enough confidence for driving in winter conditions. In snow they were good, but not excellent. (Not that it should matter a lot, tyres were made in Russia - something I noticed after I bought them.)
1 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2015