Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Reviews - Page 5

Given 49% while driving a Ford Focus ST (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Really not happy with the tyre. When new had good dry grip but never found right pressure to get the correct feel from the tyre. Now I am near the marker but the last 5000 km done on them are the worst driving experience... you have always the feeling that something will go wrong... when sprinting I have wheel spin out of 3rd gear corners so deffinitelly not buying them again
0 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2013
Given 94% while driving a Honda Accord i DTEC EX (225/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 17,000 spirited miles
Brilliant tyre. Excellent grip wet or dry and quiet too. Fitted a set of four and have just replaced the fronts at 17k (Spirited style + country roads + heavy FWD car doesn't make for long life). Have bought again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2013
Given 98% while driving a BMW e91 325d m sport (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Just had a full set filled to my Bmw E91 325d they seam to be just the job and a lot cheaper than runflats
0 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2013
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 94% while driving a Audi A6 S line (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyre, had these on my Octavia Vrs before and couldn't fault them. The Pirelli P zeros which came on my current car I felt were poor, spinning up very easily especially in the wet, with awful wear rate.
The Vredesteins give far better traction in both wet & dry and are more confidence inspiring on cornering with predictable characteristics.
Wear isn't bad I've done about 11k on these and they are down to about 5.5mm (My driving style is usually quite harsh on tyres).
The only real fault through experience is that they aren't that clever on snow but to be fair not many low profile high performance tyres are. I switch to winter tyres for the cold months so not really a problem for me personally.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2013
Given 100% while driving a Honda Civic (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,400 spirited miles
ADAC, AutoBuild ... sory but you aare crap, inconsistent, unrealistic, etc etc. Diferrent publication rate the same tyre at huge distances (one give #1 on wet, other gives nr 10 on wet so you can't trust neither BUT the users!)
This is a top noch tyre!!! ESPECIALLY on wet braking. Car stops like a train!

A+++++
0 - tyre reviewed on October 23, 2013
Given 100% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra R 275bhp (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,500 spirited miles
Last comment (honda civic dude) .. I don't understand why people give 50% because of a stretch-visual-mambojambo thing... Anyway, GREAT TYRE! Looks amazing, superb breaking on wet, great traction and I push 300+ HP on the front wheels and I have a heavy foot too.

The only downside could be a minor increase in fuel but hey...
(comparable with toyo t1r but with a + on everything)
0 - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2013
Given 54% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Bought Ultra Sessanta (225/40 r18) for my Honda Civic Type R FN2 (Euro), and they where mounted on 18x8 summer wheels.

-Dry grip was excellent and wet grip was great too. They where also very comfortable and had very very little road noise if any at all, except on motorways where they gave off a very low deep and not unpleasant sound.

But somehow they gave a very vague and fuzzy connection with the road, and they where big. Very Big!

My old re050a Potenzas 225/40 zr18 tire would get a stretched look on the 18x8 summer wheels, but these Ultrac Sessanta's dwarfed my wheels with a very high sidewall, and they actually made my 18"x8 look more like 17"x7 wheels.
That's why I would'nt recommend them for a smaller hatchback like mine. Or at least I would choose a 215/40 zr18 tire for a 18x8 wheel.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2013
Given 91% while driving a BMW 330CI M Sport (255/35 R18 W) on mostly town for 14,000 spirited miles
Having had asym goodyear 2 michelins ps3 among other things, I can tell you that the tire is excellent in all points. In the dry it is very very strong catchy precise, in the wet it is perfect almost no difference in adherence between the dry and the wet. It is used less than the Goodyear and much less than the Michelin. It is also less expensive, small board for owners of BMW E46 330CI, the pressures 2.4AV 2.8AR cold. My next Vorti the Vredestein. Premium brand.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2013
Given 100% while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
These are great on a MR2 turbo. I use the car as my everyday drive. With it been my everyday car at the moment greasy roads, rain & cold. These tires deal with all of that very well. The are very good in the dry also. With these tires fitted I've had no unexpected back-end breakaways. Ive taken my summer tires off which were YOKO AD08's. after reading the reviews on here i can confirm these are great in rear drive rear engine car. I would buy these again without think about it & there £100 cheaper per corner than my normal purchase.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 27, 2013
Given 52% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
Having spent multiple hours researching my tyre choice, I took the plunge for the Sessanta- a good compromise between quality, price and a known brand and a very good report on tyrereviews. I was replacing the infamously awful Potenza Re050 runflats that are standard on the BMW320d. Mine is running 255x35xR18 and I swapped the rears only as there was significant wear left in the front. I was expecting a less 'crashy' ride and improved resistance to camber change. I got a little of the first and none of the second. The ride improved a little although in no way as significantly as I was expecting. However, the sidewalls in this profile aren't very tall and so I guess the Sessanta probably don't improve the ability of the sidewall to flex much. Tramlining was the real disappointment. It is almost scary on narrow uneven roads where if you look away for more then a second you can be in the hedge! Not sure if the asymmetric tread pattern is a possible cause but it's nearly happened a few times! As I'm not flush with cash I'll have to hold on to these for a while but I will be glad to get rid. The other features seem to be good (grip, noise etc.) but don't outweigh the extreme camber sensitivity. I don't recommend for rims that need 35 section tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2013
Given 83% while driving a BMW 650ci (275/45 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
All I can say is wow! I bought the tyres 6 months ago due to an article I saw on this site. I very very pleased with their performance. I drive fast all the time (spirited doesn’t quite describe how I drive) and the 650i is a heavy car and when I bought the care it had Pirelli’s on which were not doing the car any justice and furthermore were useless in the wet! I read a few articles on the Ultrac’s and decided to take the plunge it was well worth it!

Good points!
• The handling was vastly improved in cornering and drag pull off.
• Wet handling is notably different.
• Reduced road noise.

Bad points.
• When new you need at least 200+ miles ware-in prior to any heroics (avoid this warning at your peril), I know it's a standard rule for any new tyre, but I would take extra caution with these tyres.
• Warm up is also necessary for normal everyday driving (5 or so miles).

I would recommend these to anyone with a rear wheel drive car the 275/45/19 cost £420 and I’ve had literary every mid-range German sportscar there is, from M3’s (e36-E46), S4,S6, A8 3.8 (mk2), 530i sport, Clk55, 840ci the list goes on and I’ve tried most tires… the Ultrac’s are by a significant margin the best for my style of driving.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2013
Given 64% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Recently upgraded to 18" alloys on my 2005 Audi A4 so decided to go for these tyres in 225/40/R18 as they got raving reviews. Performance-wise they are superb, in both wet and dry but are badly let down by one aspect...road noise! I honestly thought my car's wheel bearings had gone tits-up as the constant drone was a bit scary. However after taking it to a few tyre shops, all of them concluded nothing wrong with my car (or alloys), the road noise is due to the agressive tread on the tyres. Such a shame because the tyres do look stunning and they perform very well in all weather conditions bar snow & ice. Will probably go for Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2013