Cooper Discoverer MS

The Cooper Discoverer MS is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 136,020 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Cooper Discoverer MS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Cooper Discoverer MS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Cooper Discoverer MS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Cooper Discoverer MS Review

Given 83% while driving a Land Rover Defender (235/85 R16) on mostly town for 50,000 average miles
I have these on my LR Defender 90. I live in Estonia and starting from October we have snow and ice till May. I have only good things to say about this tire - have used mine for about 6 years and will probably have to replace them next year. I usually switch for Nokian studded tires for the hardcore winter period, but 2 years ago I kept them on through the winter and they did well enough (not comparable to studded tires, but still relatively reliable).

The only negative I have to say about them is the not so strong side wall, which makes the tire bulge on the side at lower PSI. Other than that a definite recommend.
6 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2018

Latest Cooper Discoverer MS Reviews

Have you driven on the Cooper Discoverer MS tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Cooper Discoverer MS? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Cooper Discoverer MS >>

Given 100% while driving a Nissan Terrano II (235/75 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I have this tyres on my R20 and I'm very happy with them. Used on/off road this is is best "winter all terrain" tyres ever made.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2020
Jeep (235/70 R16) on a combination of roads for 43,000 easy going miles
The Cooper Discoverer M+S where mounted on the car (Jeep Grand Cherokee 1997 4.0 I6) when I bought it second hand. It had about 196000km on the clock at the time, unsure how long the previous owner had used them, and I sold the car at 266000km. During the time, I used the tyres all year around in the middle to southern parts of Sweden. Mid ownership, I had to replace a pair due to an unfortunate puncture on a rear tyre, which was caused by a very sharp piece of steel perforating the rubber and lining. I got a new pair for the rear axle and trucked on for another year or so. They performed excellent in snow and ice as well as in the colder months of spring and fall. The grip was excellent on all surfaces: asphalt, gravel, dirt roads, packed snow, ice, sand, grass and mud. I cannot however speak to the performance on offroad trails as I never did that stuff. Especially the grip performance on packed and loose snow on highway roads was outstanding, even when putting on the gas and blazing on at 100km/h. I could really feel that I could trust the tyres doing an excellent job at keeping the car on the road, even when plowing through slush and strings of snow on the road, only keeping the car pointing in the direction you want to go. The downsides with the tyre from my experience, was the softness of the rubber during the summer. The grip was good on dry and wet roads even around 30 degrees C, but the car felt a lot like a boat on high seas. The road feedback and especially the handling was mediocre, perhaps decent at best as quick turnings of the wheel doesn't equate to sharp turnings. Road noice was nothing really to get upset about, but I figure that summer tyres would be significantly more quite. The ride comfort was excellent though. After using the tyres for 70000km or 43000miles, the tread was shoing signs of wear on the front axle (as I got new ones on the rear), but had at least one, or perhaps two seasons left. In my opinion, if you are looking for a reliable, dependable, comfortable allround truck/4x4 tyre for daily on- and light offroad use and are not concerned with looks and handling, I would highly recommend the Cooper Discoverer M+S. As a winter tyre for your 4x4, this is excellent.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!

6 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2018
Kia Motors Sorento EX 2.5 (245/70 R16) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Driven 70.000 km om these. Very good in snow. Have bought two sets. 20 % with horsetrailer.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Hilux mk6 3.0 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I have these tires under a dubb. cab Hilux 3.0 d4d. I drove them in Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Germany and Romania. These tires rock! I drove them on and off-road in any winter condition imaginable. Mud, Ice, Snow, Slush and anything in between. Had a lot of snow and ice in Swizerland, -14 Celsius in Romania and never ever had any trouble! I can really recommend them. I bought them because they we're the only winter tires with a bit of off-road profile. And yes they preformed well there too! I mean these are not Mud tires, and tend to fill up quickly but they are taking me through a lot of forest road without any trouble whatsoever. And on the highways driving 160 kmph, no complaints either!
235/70/15.