Evergreen EU72 Reviews - Page 3

Given 77% while driving a Volvo XC60 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Really pleased with these tyres. Noticeably stiffer side walled than the Nexens on previously and the wear is better. Granted it isn't a sports car so I'm not pushing to the limits ever drive but as a good all round road tyre they fit the bill. Continentals did half the mileage and cost twice the price!
0 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2013
Given 39% while driving a MINI Cooper S Works (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Had them fitted on my car running on Bilstein PSS coilovers after Toyo DRB's and they are crap.. More noise and understeer at corners! just never gonna buy again!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2013
Given 53% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI SRI 130 (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
These tyres were put on by the previous owner of my car.

In 15 months of driving with 2 of these at the front of my Insignia I have covered 15,000 spirited miles.

I am an advanced driver, emergency services, so I like to take corners at the limit (without breaking the law).

In all honestly these tyres are actually very good int the dry.

In wet conditions ,the same can not be said! It is a gamble whether or not the front end is going to grip, more often than not the fronts will lose traction and will start skidding.

I really wish they were a better all rounder ask would maybe consider buying again.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2013
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 79% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Could t believe it from a "budget" tyre I have had Michelin, Pirelli and continentals previous and these are honestly the best I have had, lasted ages! (And I still drive like a rally driver in my vectra;) ) Edges worn down pretty quick but I guess that may have something to do with my driving style, brilliant tyres 5*
0 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2013
Given 89% while driving a Renault Megane (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Had these fitted at mot a month ago.
Just done 2000 miles and they feel as good as the Michelin they replaced.

Do 200 a week commute and find then very quite.and the
grip feels good at motorway speeds.
Did 1000 last week touring round Scotland and felt like I
had a premium brand on the front.
Will fit to rear when my Avons year down.
And yes i do push on a roads to legal limits
0 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2013
Given 47% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres fitted for free when I purchased my car. At first,once the tyres had worn in a bit I thought they were good both in wet and dry. But will say that the road feedback is very poor. After 2.5k miles the tyre property changes and I did not feel as confident. At high speeds when changing lane or going round a bend or roundabout,the car tends to slip slightly and can be unpredictable with a car some would class as a good handling. This also includes wheel spinning when switching to 2nd gear. All this is accounted due to my driving style. Have had my tyres switched round now,but just mainly let down by the feedback..
Overall opinion is for the rrp they are at,if you want cheap tyres and drive sensibly...id say go for it
if you are a spirited driver,go for a more premium brand
0 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2013
Given 89% while driving a Toyota Celica VVTLi (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
budget tyre a first for me i was fed up with loesing the rear end with 2x the price perrili tyres
0 - tyre reviewed on April 7, 2013
Given 76% while driving a Ford FPV GT P (245/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 40 average miles
Great value for what you pay,quiet,stable,and I think better than some premium brands...
0 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2013
Given 71% while driving a BMW 120d (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
great price/value
0 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2013
Given 90% while driving a Renault Clio 182 cup (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Fantastic tyres!! better than the likes of Toyo or Dunflop. Had 2 ut on the front on recommendation from a tyre place and never looked back, so much so i have now replaced the back 2 with them as well now, didnt get stuck in the snow, even when premium tyred cars were stuck! handles like a dream on these, really progressive they do not suddenly let go even when driving like a spanner. fully recommend these!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 6, 2013
Given 33% while driving a Vauxhall Zafira 2.2 direct (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,090 average miles
LOOKOUT...just to give you all a further update on these tyres with 1k on them. still FRIGHTENUNG at speed with no stability. the soft sidewalls are even more of a problem than i originally exoerienced. today i needed to lift off at speed and brake. on lift as the weight of the car tranferred to tge tyres the sidewalls just squelched leaving the balance and stability of the car all over the place. only just got it back. at legal motorway speeds this is not acceotable. i am going to keep you updated on these tyres so that some other poor soul doesnt put their family in danger.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2012
Given 37% while driving a Vauxhall Zafira 2.2 Design (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
Hold on guys there is a PROBLEM with these tyres...or at least on my heavy people carrier there is. You see grip is one thing but if a tyre has soft and compliant side walls then when applied with a force ie: going round corners or changing lane direction at speed on motorways, then what you end up with is a vehicle responds slowly to steering input, understeers and most alarmingly displays a lack of stability. Because of the elasticated effect of these sidewalls and the good grip on offer what happens is you move the car but the sidewall just gives and with the grip of the tread of the tyre the vehicle just doesnt know where to go and by the time it does its too late. Its a shame because in terms of price, grip and looks they are good BUT I need to know where my car is going the second I input to the steering wheel. I think thats a no brainer in tyre design!!
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2012