Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP

The Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Toyo Observe GSI 5.

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 93% over 19,600 miles driven.

The OBSERVE GSI 6 HP is ranked 1st of 88 Winter Touring tyres.

2020 Nordic and Studded Winter Tyre Test - 18th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Stable handling in the snow, short braking distance in the wet, stable and short braking distances in the dry.
  • Negative - Poor ice performance, high rolling resistance, high noise.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP Reviews

Given 97% while driving a Infiniti 2004 G35 (215/55 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
Best Winter Tires available for sports coupes or sedan! Been using 1 month in CDN winter. Handles like a summer tire on dry pavement in winter temperatures. WHISPER quiet too. When there is snow - traction is 5/5. treadwear on the GSI is amazing. the previous gsi5 model got 100 000km so these should be the same or better. Dont look else where. The siping goes all the way to the bottom too, unlike most winters so they will be good for a long time! no complaints whatsoever
35 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2018
Given 100% while driving a (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
These are snow tires, there should be a "Snow Grip" and "Ice Grip" score.
The traction on snowy roads, compact as well as fresh loose snow is excellent, on icy roads it's also very good for a non studded tire. Great acceleration, but more importantly excellent lateral stability while turning and great braking!

Very impressed with these GSi-6 tires, my previous tires were Nokian Hakkapeliitta.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2018
Given 89% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Bought these tires for girlfriends bimmer with 2 sizes down for more comfortable driving in winter conditions. Comparing to Goodyear’s UltraGrip ice 2 on my Lexus toyo’s grips in the same way but they are a lil bit louder and firmer, I think it’s because of speed rating. As for thread life rear wheels lost 1mm of pattern, maybe because I drive it spiritly. Anyway tires for such price is definitely good choice for winter time. Just ordered a pair of Toyo for my Lexus front axle.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2020
Have you driven on the Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP >

Latest Toyo OBSERVE GSI 6 HP Reviews

Audi A6, 3.2L, Quattro (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Snow in Sweden and below 0C, replaced my old worn down studded Hakkapelitta. Must say im impressed by the grip of the tyres in snowy conditions so far. A bit noisy in my opinion but performs very well overall. I recommend them.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2021
Given 91% while driving a Volvo V60 T6 AWD (235/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I had these tyres installed prior to picking up my new(to me) V60. Drove the car from Montreal to Halifax. Initially on dry roads with temperatures below freezing. What first struck was how quiet these tires are. Not just for winter tires but also compared to the all season Continentals I use for summer driving. The next day I drove in blizzard conditions(driving snow on uncleared highway) which eventually turned to slushy(wet snow) roads then finally wet roads. So within 24 hours I was able to test these tires in every winter condition other than hardpacked ice. They performed flawlessly and were confidence inspiring. Very stable, quiet and responsive. Very happy with these tires and would recommend to anyone.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2020