Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

This is a European compound update for the AD08R to reduce the rolling resistance and meet compliance with ECE R117-02 S2WR2.

This tyre replaced the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R.

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 73,700 miles driven.

The ADVAN Neova AD08RS is ranked 24th of 26 Summer Trackday and Competition tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

2020-02-29 - Treadwear? compare to the old AD08R ?

Unfortunately we've not yet seen any real world tread wear data from the AD08 RS

ADVAN Neova AD08RS Prices

Top 3 Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS Reviews

Given 71% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I’ve had 2 sets of the previous Ad08r compound on the car before for road/ track use and 2 trips to the Nurburgring and they were excellent but the new Ad08rs tyre is not as good , the compound is a lot harder and I thought the car struggled with dry grip at the Nurburgring this time around , the car lacked the confidence the previous R compound gave .
I will be looking else where for a Trackday tyre in the future I’m sad to say
83 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2019
Given 40% while driving a Lotus Exige S (265/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I’ve run AD08R ‘s since they were first released. Amazing tyre!

My driving is a mixture of fast road and track use.

I took the new AD08RS’s over to the alps and covered a couple of thousand miles.

The compound is noticeably harder and there is a lot less dry grip. I found them to be quite unpredictable- sometimes they’d grip and others they wouldn’t. Not great when you’re on a mountain pass!

I won’t be buying these again.
24 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2019
Given 73% while driving a Mazda MX5 2.0 SE (ND 2015 onwards) (205/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
virtually the same as a previous AD08R. I've been driving them all the year. I wasn't on the circuit. I drive them only on roads. I rode cautiously in the wet and then it's okay. They are perfect when dry. Of course you need to think of warming up before a quick ride.
16 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2019
Have you driven on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS >

Latest Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS Reviews

Given 67% while driving a Renault clio 197 (215/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Bought these as a replacement for my worn set of AD08R. Wanted to get the AD08R again bet they were not in stock or ridiculously priced. As a track tire in the dry I'm disappointed, they grip significantly less and also lack feel and progressiveness compared to the AD08R. As a fast road and in the wet they a decent tire. Long lasting for a semi slick.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2021
Given 67% while driving a Honda Civic (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Good feeling with hard walls in 195/50 r15 which isn't a common size by today standard. But really poor under rainy condition compared to my Michelin Ps3 and not progressive at the limit, pretty violent reaction The car feels overall more understeery than it was before
0 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2021
Given 63% while driving a MINI Cooper S (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
I’ve done 11000km with the AD08RS, and there is still 4 mm of thread left!! Its not a semislick by any means, I’ve driven in -3 to 38 degrees conditions, squeals when driven barely hard in corners, feedback is ok-ish but turn in is quite slow,and not very nimble in left-to-right transition, tried all the pressures possible, don’t like them, and I will not buy again. Sometimes they squeal and lock even under heavy breaking! Such poor compound, poor grip. In the wet is not bad, if warmed up. They are cheap, a lot cheaper than the old R. Tire noise is acceptable. I’m seriously tempted to throw them away and buy something else.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2021
Given 71% while driving a MINI Clubman (215/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Very hard compound. On track squealing on every corner, squealing on hard braking. It isn't an real semi slick. Cheap Federal 595 pro has much more dry grip.
7 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2021
Given 92% while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on track for 500 spirited miles
For some reason these tyres have received a fair bit of bad press but I’m guessing this is people who are either comparing them directly against the AD08R or just haven’t used them but want to jump on the band wagon. They are not comparable to the 08R, they are a different compound to meet EU regs BUT.... they really are good tyres and they are MSA list 1B tyres for a reason. The grip is fantastic, progressive and provide good feedback so you can be comfortable with turn in. The wear rate is very good and the noise is far from intrusive on the road too. They generate heat quickly and are a great track tyre, probably better suited to lighter cars but you will be pressed to find better for the money.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2021
Given 80% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto TJet (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
A very comfortable and quiet semi-slick compared to nankang ar1 or michelin cup 2 etc. However the grip level isn't as good as a compromise. At the limit the ad08RS can "cheat" the driver due to early squealing quite a bit before they let go completely. Because of this inexperienced drivers sometimes underrate the tire as they think this is the limit. The grip is very linear and in my opinion over/understeer happens predictably (driven on track in Fiat Grande Punto Tjet and Citroen C2 VTS).
3 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2021
Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI Ed 30 (235/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Great tire, just as good the previous AD08R once up to running temp. Definitely recommend!
8 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2020
Given 44% while driving a Honda 2006 (245/40 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I came to this AD08rs after a set of PS4 on my Honda s2000 since I wanted something more suitable for a track day, even though the car is 99% of the time used on the street and it is completely stock. What a big disappointment this tire is. The scores are pretty bad since I had high expectations for this tire which was supposed to be sportier than the PS4. PS4 were much much better in every possible way on street, especially steering feedback and initial turn in and even on track (2 seconds faster on a 3km track) the PS4 were on a completely different league. What a disappointment, they are still brand new and I just wanna take them off and throw them away. I was close to mail Yokohama Japan since they shouldn't market this as a track day tire anymore. The score on wear is just a guess, I hope to go throw them as fast as pessible. Terrible job yokohama!
3 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2020
Given 51% while driving a Lotus Elise (195/50 R15 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These are a replacement for my AD08R on a Lotus Elise. New compound to meet EU regs. They are terrible in comparison. Squeely when pushed and lack grip consistancy. They are clearly a retrograde step and Yokohama are being misleading in marketing them under the "AD0" nomenclature. Such as a shame as the A08R('s) were the go to standard for Lotus enthusiasts. These are getting a bad reputation from many car forums. I will not be buying these again and neither will many others. Pull your socks up Yokohama....
4 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2020
Given 49% while driving a Mitsubishi Evolution X (265/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,200 spirited miles
For the past 4 years i've been running the Michelin PS4. With out any issues. And i tought hm.... maybe i should try some street legal trackday tires. everybody is running them. so it must be better then an ''regular UHP'' tire. Like most of us i googled and reserched the web and the AD08R will be the tire for me....but wait there is an new RS model. New = better i thought. the thread looks like the ad07 and 08 so it's a proven formula. I saw that the reviews where so-so. Nah how bad could it be. very. very bad it is. On the way home i drive the same route and well you know what speed you can take the corners on the same road. Out of a roundabout with the PS4 i could go 70km/h and the ESP light started flashing. but with the AD08RS 60km/h and the tire is squealing a bit. And the tires where hot and outside it was 33°C. In the wet/cold it's the same but that is to expect form a trackday tire. So in overall. I wouldn't recommend the tire and will never ever buy a yokohama tire again. The tires squeal if you dive in a corner at low speeds ot higher speed. worm or cold weather. tire pressure doesn't chacge anything. disappointed all the way.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2020
Given 60% while driving a MINI JCW 2017 (205/45 R17) on track for 4,000 spirited miles
It is totally different from the old AD08R, which I still run on the S2k and luckily still have a spare set. I purchased these RS for the Mini JCW for trackdays and Ring, and sad to say I even found the stock Pirelli PZero performing better. These RS are not able to get descent grip, squeel like crazy, and provoce massive understeer, unless you get some real temp in there. But still than they lack that 'bite' and direct response you got from the old tyre. Trying to play with tyre pressures, but I just cannot get it as I would 've expected I've been loyal to the AD08 series for years, but will be stepping to PSS or Cup2s for future purchases. Sad what you did here to a used-to-be-brilliant tyre, Yoko
8 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (225/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
After 2 sets of TOYO R1R and 3 sets of AD08R I was forced to buy 08RS because I could not found the old but trusted 08R. The difference on the compound with the old rubber is immediately noticeable. Less grip and lower limit on the dry. And a lot of noise when coming to the limit. Still very predictable though on and after the limit. Small use on the wet but still does give you the same confidence the old rubber used to have. Generally harder rubber and this is also reflected on the wear which is the only plus side.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2020