Constancy LY688

The Constancy LY688 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 50% over 102,100 miles driven.

The LY688 is ranked 169th of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 43rd of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Constancy LY688
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Constancy LY688. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Constancy LY688 Reviews

Given 84% while driving a Skoda Suberb MkII (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
I'm a taxi driver in Dublin, doing very high annual mileage. Already on my second set of Constancy tyres and I absolutely love them. They are cheap as chips, but they do perform as good as so called mid-range brands.
290 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2016
Given 66% while driving a (195/55 R16) on for 0 miles
Have had these on for about 10000km now. No signs of wear yet. I don't know what the reviews about the tires sliding around are about. They must be driving in snow. I have not experienced any sliding in wet or dry traction and I drive in moderate speed.
47 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2017
Given 78% while driving a Renault Espace Mk IV (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Brilliant tyres for the money £45 a tyre, had a set of 4 on my Renault Espace. Good grip and wet handling. Recommend to anyone other than high performance cars.
36 - tyre reviewed on February 10, 2018
Have you driven on the Constancy LY688 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Constancy LY688? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Constancy LY688 >

Latest Constancy LY688 Reviews

Given 40% while driving a Rover Rover coupe vvc (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Had one blow out after hard cornering. I replaced the lot cant trust Chinese junk
3 - tyre reviewed on July 18, 2020
Given 30% while driving a Ford Transit Courier (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Got to say these are the worst tyres I have ever had in 43 years of driving. They do have some comedy value though, they make me laugh as they massively understeer when there is the slightest hint of moisture on the road. They slide even on modest bends in the dry too. I'm not driving a powerful monster car either, just a small Courier van with 95 HP! They would be good for you if you have too many speeding points though, because you simply cannot drive too rapidly with these on, well not if you value your time on this Planet. Only plus point is their longevity, they just don't appear to be wearing down, amazing really when they spend so much time slipping over jagged tarmac. So the next time my Garage phone me and say "shall I just fit you some budgets on it" I shall tell him where to insert his tyres!
4 - tyre reviewed on July 7, 2020
Given 24% while driving a Yamaha Rvr (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
Really bad would rather have drive on the bare rim
3 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Toyota Yaris 1.5 ts (185/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Hit a roundabout in the wet with them on the rear in my yaris t sport usually fine with any other tire .going round at about 40mph and the back end slid out. I shit myself to say the least these tires should not be legal. Have done multiple burnouts and they wont wear down so the wear is brilliant. Ps these tires had a shit load of tread they look brand new.
13 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2019
Given 44% while driving a Honda CRV (225/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
alright in town and on dry roads but try and pull away on wet tarmac and you will be left standing. I'm in two minds as to go and get these replaced when winter arrives as I have absolutely zero confidence in these tyres on wet roads. They are also incredibly noisy, at first I thought it was my roof bars / box but after removing them the noise has not gone away. The only upside I suppose is that i am desperately trying to wear them down to justify buying some new tyres but they are lasting ages!
6 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2019
Given 20% while driving a Ford S Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 spirited miles
Dangerous, I discarded my very worn rear tyres for a set of these that were brand new...Something was wrong so i thought maybe they didn't set the tyre pressures properly. They were slightly out so i adjusted and to my amazement it was still the same. I then done a little bit of research which i should of done before and saw the reviews. This company shouldn't make tyres!
2 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2019
Given 36% while driving a Dacia Sandero 1.2 16v (185/65 R15) on mostly motorways for 4,000 average miles
Paid £35.50 a tyre for these and they're miles worse than tyres I got for £31.50! It's like driving on a washboard roof. The noise is horrendous, It sounds like a tube train and the braking performance is frightening. There are decent tyres in this price range but these are certainly not one of those. Avoid these tyres at all cost.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2019
Skoda (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
These were on my new to me Skoda Octavia 2ltr 150hp diesel model fitted to the front.They are noisy and even in the dry I feel only mildly confident putting them into a fast bend. But in the wet they are awful or on new shiny tarmac. You get wheel spin as you try to pull away. Even when going to overtake in the rain they wont put the power safely on the road and spin. Luckily I have not had to brake hard yet but needless to say I have had the car three weeks and will be changing the tyres to Goodyear fishers. A much better and safer choice. If you did city driving only these tyres might be okay as travelling at low speed and no twisty roads. But for country roads and dual carriageways I would not recommend them.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Mercedes Benz E class 2005 (225/45 R17 R) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I’ve hear this brand many years ago but never got a chance to try it, until I bought my Mercedes eclass, put these Constancy at the rear at a fantastic price, fantastic tyres, noise was low, wet grip very good. Great tyres for the money. Never buy expensive premium brands again, no need to pay for the brands commercial cost.
Highly recommend these Constancy brand.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 48% while driving a Citroën xsara picasso (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
just had these fitted to my Picasso, and the noise is dreadful, I am in two minds weather to go back and query this or just go else where, either way they have got to go. slowing down is like being on a tube train there driving me mad
0 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2019
Given 57% while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003 2007) (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Bought a pair for my Ford Focus and had them on the rear. Handling is poor don’t even try to go on a bend on a motorway slip road in the wet as you can feel the car slide.
You get what you pay for these days and that just about sums them up cheap.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019
Given 12% while driving a Audi 3,0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 600 easy going miles
No grip wet or dry,ride is like driving on a corrugated roof,had them on 6 weeks and inside wall blew out and a HUGE 35cm gash (luckily I was only doing 20 mph coming off a roundabout and survived to write this). If you value your life avoid this rubbish like the plague,old saying you get what you pay for,HARSH lesson learned.
35 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2017