Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 Reviews - Page 3

Volvo V70 R AWD (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I used use Goodyear Ay3, and P-zero. My own opinion that Ay5 less wet grip than Ay3. Brake is same. (Dry and wet), dry grip better. It’s quiet and comfortable.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2022
Given 72% while driving a Opel Corsa E OPC (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Great grip in wet and dry conditions. Tyre feels slightly spungy on turn in and gives little feedback, however grip is always there. 10 k Miles and 5-6 mm tread remaining.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2022
Given 90% while driving a BMW M135i (245/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyres, best I've had on a car so far. My M135i had Michelin Pilot Super Sports (MPSS) when I bought it and these were grippier in the dry, however in the wet they were bordering on dangerous. The MPSS gave very little feedback in the wet and you could easily find yourself sideways putting the power down in 3rd going around a gentle bend on a dual carriageway! Changing to Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric completely changed the behaviour of the car in the wet. Predictable, easy to control on the limit (or slightly beyond), lovely tyres. They wear well too, I've just had 15000 miles out of a rear set and I drive around with the traction control fully off all the time (LSD on the back). Still good grip in the dry, but I do admit less grippy in the dry than the MPSS were. All round the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric can't be beaten in my view. I'd love to try another brand but I tried that before and they were much worse, so I'm not going to risk it!
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2022
Want to know what the BEST AT tires are? Watch below!
Given 77% while driving a Volkswagen (B8) 1.4 TSI (150 Hp) DSG ACT (205/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Went from a set of rapid budget tyres which came on the car to these and I was shocked. I never knew a car could handle so well on a set of premium tyres. they transformed the handling and grip of the car, they honeslty feel like you are on rails when driving on these tyres. Only issue i have had is that the life of the tyre is extremely short, although i do alot of backroad driving and spirited drives. I only managed to squeeze about 3 months and 3000 miles out of these tyres. i am about t replace them and will consider using them again however may go michelin. Overall i do reccomend these tyres if you are in the market.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2022
Volvo (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
I rarely uses back the same tyre models as i enjoys trying out different make and models, but this is the first time for me to replaced a worn out set with the same mode. No issue handling 440NM on a FF on the straight and corners. Comfortable cruising as a family car too. And most importantly, the pricing is very competitive, costing 30% lower than the PS4.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2022
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
Good tire for dry and wet weather. comfortable
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2022
Given 59% while driving a Ford mondeo 2.2 (235/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 8,000 easy going miles
Dry grip good , wet grip good, had thease on my previous car 18s done 17000 miles loved them, 8000 miles on thease and rears are worn to 3.5 mil and fronts on about 6 and not been on long front wheel drive
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2022
Given 49% while driving a Audi A3 Sport (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 7,000 easy going miles
These are a very comfortable tyre that are great in the dry and cabin noise is low. However they really struggle to put power down in the wet and my tyres started perishing after just 18 months. They were replaced under warranty but i would not buy them again.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2022
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLC200 (245/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 18 average miles
Same feedback as the assymetric 3. Very good dry and wet grip, but unfortunately the lasted only for 28.000km in 2 years. I think i wouldn’t buy them again because of their very fast wear.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2022
Given 86% while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 8,000 spirited miles
The tyre drives very good both on dry and wet conditions. I have tried continental, hankook, Michelin but these are one click above. It's the second time i choose them. The only - is that if you push them too much they will lose their grip as they get too hot, but that is not the point for a tyre like this.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2021
Given 93% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (245/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I run a staggered setup (225/40 front, 245/35 rear) and honestly these tyres feel amazing. The car feels very stable and inspires confidence at all speeds and conditions. You can feel when the tyres are at their limit and they are very predictable, it's hard to lose control if you tried. They're also way cheaper than comparable Michelins or Continentals in my area so really a no-brainer. Unfortunately I can't comment on wear yet but even if they wear quickly I wouldn't complain because the way they drive is worth it. I did notice a performance loss at lower temperatures (below 10 C) but these are not winter tyres so that's expected.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Audi S3 (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Good overall grip, take a bit of time to warm on dry. Feel extremely safe and confident in wet. Slight noise but don't really bother me or affect my ride experience in any way. Great tyre overall
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2021