Landsail LS288

The Landsail LS288 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 31 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 169,100 miles driven.

The LS288 is ranked 82nd of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

2014 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances on wet roads, low noise, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Nervous dynamic behaviour
  • Overall - The Landsail tyres become the main surprise of this test. On a wet surface, the tyre has a very short braking distances and good lateral grip. During emergency maneuvers the grip is high, but it can disappear abruptly, especially on wet surfaces. The tyres are also good in tests for noise and efficiency. Overall, Landsail become the Chinese tyre tested by Test World

2013 54 Tyre Braking Test - 41st of 54 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS288

Questions and Answers for the Landsail LS288

2016-04-08 - I am about to replace a set of tyres on my Hyundai Matrix, and my garage has recommended Landsail. My concern is that they are made in China. I say this because my experience of buying Chinese manufactured electrical goods has not been good in terms of quality - non-functioning after a relatively short time. What can you tell me about this brand of tyre which may increase my confidence to buy. Thank you.

While it is true some Chinese manufacturers produce low quality tyres, a number of them are now starting to produce acceptable mid range offerings. Landsail are one of those, but as always, be sure to check reviews of the particular Landsail tyre you're looking at, as the quality can still be quite variable.

LS288 Prices

Top 3 Landsail LS288 Reviews

Given 68% while driving a Fiat 500 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I've put a set of 4 new of these after my factory fitted Goodyears EfficientGrip tyres. As a budget tyres I was expecting them to be much less grippy then my previous premium brand tyres but they aren't at all. They seem to have similar grip levels both dry and wet (they seem obviously more grippy then the Goodyears but they are new and my old tyres were seriously bald. Almost down to the canvas), they are definitely quieter and more comfy over road imperfections then Goodyears but the side wall is much more balloony and the car seems to have more body roll with these on. I think the side to side grip is better but breaking performance is a bit worse?

All in all they have exceeded my expectations by far and unless you are thinking about fitting them to a performance car, I don't think you can beat them at this price range (I've paid £50 fitted and balanced per tyre).

Excellent budget tyres.
72 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2016
Given 29% while driving a Audi A3 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
These were fitted to an Audi A3 which does motorway, A road and country lane driving, moderate speed, load and stress. They were beyond awful. They wore to illegality in 8,000 miles and during that time deteriorated from poor to terrible. How these things are allowed to be sold is beyond me. Wet grip was virtually non existent, they were noisy, feedback was minimal and when they were changed for some trusty Avon ZV7s, the car was transformed. Startlingly, the tread was cracking as was the tyre itself between the tread, after 24 months after fitting. Never, never, never again for me. Avoid.
49 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Audi Q7 (295/35 R21) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
My previous Pirelli only last for less tan 20K km. It was quite costly to change all tyres every 10 months. A workshop recommend Landsail for half of the price of Pirelli. I decided to have a try. Anyway, it will.be for only 10 months. Surprisingly, the performance and comfort of the tyre are excellent. No regret at all.
29 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2016
Have you driven on the Landsail LS288 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Landsail LS288? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Landsail LS288 >

Latest Landsail LS288 Reviews

Audi 2.0tdi 177 sline sportback (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 miles
Based on the wholly negative reviews I have changed my mind about fotting 225 x 40 x 18 to my Audi Quattro s line black edition on the basis I drive it hard in the wet and feel safe and reliable on premium tyres I will buy the best and pay more for total safety
0 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2021
Given 25% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Put these on my BMW 520d and it’s made my car nervous and wobbly. The grip is not great and the car now oversteers which is shocking. Have to drive with both hands on the steering wheel at all times because the car drifts. Shocking tyres
0 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2021
Given 74% while driving a Toyota Avensis D4D 2.2 T spirit (205/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
Got a pair, hard wearing, but they keep leaking since new although have been re-fitted 3 times but different garages.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
bought these as got recommended them , overall not a bad tyre for the price, only let down was the tyre walls, they started cracking after about 6000 mls , and slow leaked air due to it ,had to blow them up ones a week, now replaced them with better tyres
2 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2020
Given 74% while driving a Renault Clio 1.5 dCi 86 (185/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I bought the car with budget tyres one all corners, the rears were Zeta that were around half worn, they were lethal in the wet and would let go without warning, honestly, they were evil! fitted these Landsail 288's and it was transformed, they grip well wet or dry, they're quiet, and seem to be wearing very well, I'd recommend them, great so far, will be fitting a set to the front soon.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2019
Given 94% while driving a BMW 330d SE (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I have been really pleased with these tyres. Previously I have always purchase premium tyres (Michellins; Continentals etc). These tyres do the job. The Continentals used to 'tram line'. These do not. The car (BMW33d) steers far better, and they are lasting much longer. I was very nervous about moving away from premium tyres, but am really pleased that I did. Road noise is probably higher, but they were a fraction of the price about 30%!), steer better & are lasting far longer.
20 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2018
Given 40% while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi (205/45 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
Very poor tyres. Had them just under 3 years. Still loads of tread left on them but there are loads of cracks now to the point where I am having to replace. My advice don't buy cheap they don't last.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Porsche cayenne s (225/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I put 4 of these on my Porsche Cayenne 4.5S and they have lasted 12000 miles. They are still legal but the outer edges on the front ones are wearing a bit thin, but that is expected on such a heavy car. The rear ones have 2 to 3mm but I am changing all 4. I think for a budget tyre they are excellent.
18 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Kia Motors Pride (175/60 R13) on mostly country roads for 5,000 miles
Comfortable. Soft. Soft break
24 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2017
Given 93% while driving a Citroën 2.0 HDi 110 (215/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I live in North Wales. The minor roads are re-surfaced with loose stone. The roads are upsy- downsy with lots of bends. The usual budget tyres and the premium tyres will be chewed up within 9 months or less. the only tyre to withstand these conditions has been the LS 288. Why can I not buy LS 288 to fit my car? I love them. Keith Williams
22 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Having worked for a major tyre company for many years and driving various cars shod with various leading brand tyres. I understand the critieria used to score the Landsail product ,
I also understand the average motorist is really not aware of the difference in perfomance areas used in these tests.
What i know is that the Landsail product it is as good as it gets ,
It does the job .Dry/Wet Grip good Braking response good , Road noise low,
Rate of tread wear out performs major brands i have driven on( Mich Pirelli Goodyear Dunlop Conti to name the tyres i have used.. When the price differntial is taken into account the Landsail product beats all others hands down

20 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2016
Given 53% while driving a Jaguar S type 3.0 (225/55 R16 R) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres have weak side walls causing the car to sway from side to side at speeds above 55 mph, my car an S Type Jag has been checked over by a Jag garage and they say there is nothing wrong with the car and it must be the tyres.
Have sent e-mails and phoned and been told that some one will contact me
TWO WEEKS ON AND STILL WAITING FOR THAT PHONE CALL OR E-MAIL