Mohawk M112 Reviews - Page 2

Given 81% while driving a Jaguar XJS (225/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 2 average miles
I've never had a problem with these tyres - my Jaguar XJS 3.6 is a heavy, well balanced, reasonably fast car that sticks to the road in the dry even if I throw it around a roundabout. At £65 per corner they were a bargain. I've seen them for £81 each recently. Being a classic car I don't drive it much in the wet, but I've never noticed any problems on wet or damp roads. Mohawk are the budget brand of Yokohama. Now that tyres are rated for economy/rolling resistance, wet grip and noise it is easy to compare tyres and know what you are buying. I believe that M112 tyres are rated 'E' for economy and 'E' for wet grip - so according to official ratings not the best, but not the worst either.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2014
Given 39% while driving a Mazda Mx5 2008 (205/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 6,000 average miles
The only tyres iv ever had that i would actually say were bad. The grip in the dry is ok but only ok but as soon as the road turns even a little bit damp they have as much grip as a greased eel! Worse is the fact that they will completely let go with no warning what so ever useless and even dangerous tyres! Also frequently needed air in despite no slow punctures. A full set of these mockeries was fitted new to my car when i bought it 2nd hand but have now replaced all 4 with some avon zv5's before the mowhawks kill me! Avoid like the plague
0 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2014
Given 33% while driving a Volkswagen GTI MK5 (200) (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
These came on a Mark 5 GTI I bought 2nd hand this year and whilst they were nearly new when the car was bought in September 2013, they are going tomorrow in favour of Michelin Pilot Premacys. The road noise is terrible, the lack of grip is scary and the ride comfort is poor. All things considered, they are by far the worse tyres I have ever owned. Spend the bit extra and get something decent.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2014
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 34% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Glad to read it is not just me who thinks these are rubbish tyres. I inherited these on a mark 5 golf gti and can't believe the motorway tyre noise and poor grip! Why anyone would put these on a car is beyond me! Even though they are nearly new, they are going to have to go soon!
0 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2013
Given 26% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa D (195/55 R16) on mostly town for 12,000 easy going miles
Vauxhall fitted these to the rear of my car when I bought it. They have lasted only a year (12000 miles) and are dreadfully loud and possibly the worst tyre I have ever had in the wet. I drive a corsa 1.2 sxi and even at slow speeds I.e 20mph around a large island. Going slower than the police van in front of me the back end slid out. It does this on every corner you take in the wet at any speed above around 20/25 mph. DO NOT BUY THESE TYRES. Trust me its not worth putting you and passengers in danger purely to save a couple of quid. Pay the extra for a better quality set and they will work out cheaper in the long run by lasting longer and will be much more safer. I hardley have a powerful car and yet they do not grip.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2013
Given 47% while driving a BMW e39 5 series (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 4,000 average miles
Awful, pattery ride, caused car to pull left and felt unstable at speed. Inherited these and couldn't wait to remove. I've had several of these cars and this one feeling odd, skittish and vague was all down to the tyres. They have no redeeming qualities, avoid.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2013
Given 52% while driving a SEAT ALhambra TDi (215/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
3 mohawks fitted to a seat Alhambra. only got 10k from them. i am not a hard driver... terrible.. never again
0 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2013
Given 31% while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 NA (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I inherited these on the front when I bought my MR2. Whilst just about ok in the dry (although a bit of understeer on roundabouts), they are terrifying in the wet. Having come from a set of Uniroyal Rainsport's on a Fiesta Zetec S, which were excellent in the wet, these are genuinely scary.

E.g. Sliding at 20mph on a moderate right-hander. ABS kicking in under moderate braking from 20mph.

Awful, awful tyres. Noisy too.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2012
Given 36% while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (195/45 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Very hard, so seem to be wearing well... this is really the only positive. On the back of my fiesta zetec-s they felt like skating. Horrible rear end feel, and terrifyingly unpredictable in the wet. When moved to the front, the ride feel improved, and straight line braking is OK. However understeer is again terrible. I will actively be changing these before the poor weather regardless of wear. Do not feel confident. I'll be going back to Toyo Proxes
0 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2012
Given 43% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I've just bought a Skoda Octavia vRS (petrol) with these tyres fitted to the front. They are clearly quite new, with little wear. The wet grip is very disappointing, and the road noise is high. I will be replacing them as quickly as possible before winter (in favour of Eagle F1 Asymmetric or Vredestein Ultrac). I would not recommend them on anything remotely "high performance".
0 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2012
Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (225/55 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 14,000 spirited miles
these tyres aint bad. I brought our car with these tyres on it and i thought they where quite good ive done 14000 on them , ive had a advanced driving course so i no where the limit is on tyres ect. i also tow a caravan. This is where these tyres are poor. our caravan weighs 1300kg and the car weighs 1600kg so theirs plenty between them. but when you start putting your foot down, example accelerating off a roundabout they do occasionally slip. the other day we where towing we got to a roundabout i changed down gear, we went around the roundabout their was a slight hill for 100m so as you do you accelerate and the traction control light was flashing on the dash and the rpm wasn't above 2000rpm. i tried everything changing up a gear , changing down ect. but it wouldn't have it. The car wheel span for about 60m up the hill. When i got to the camp site which was a few miles away from this incident as my wife went to the kiosk to sign in. i went to stretch ma legs their was blue smoke pothering from the front wheels these is the only downside to these tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2012
Given 40% while driving a Citroën Xsara (185/55 R15 V) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Had two of these on the front of my Xsara, ok in dry conditions etc, but totaly usless in the wet, front wheels would loose contact and start to drift on a 30mph wet roundabout, took them off and got some uniroyal rain experts and now they stick to wet roads like glue.
Don't buy these rubbish wet tyres when for say £10 more you can be safe in the wet with uniroyals rain experts.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2012