Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season

The Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

Tyre review data from 47 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 735,557 miles driven.

The Scorpion Verde All Season is ranked 13th of 14 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

2019 Auto Bild 4x4 All Season Tyre Test - 10th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Low noise, low price.
  • Negative - Average snow and wet grip, understeer in the wet, very long wet braking distances.

2015 Auto Bild SUV All Season Tyre Test - 4th of 6 tyres

• Positive - Very high resistance to aquaplaning, good handling on wet roads, low noise level
  • Negative - Average results and a long braking distances on snow, the relatively high rolling resistance
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season

Questions and Answers for the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season

2017-11-27 - I am interested in 19" All Season Tyres, which I am finding difficult to find, as the tyre size is not popular. Which makers for this size, have the 3 peaks symbol. If 'All Season Tyres' don't have the 3 peaks symbol are they still legal in Germany during the winter i.e. do 'All Season Tyres' qualify as Mud & Snow, which I understand is legal during the winter in Germany.

The all season tyre would still need the M+S marking printed on it, which you would need to check for each pattern you are looking at. Depending on what size your wheels are, a full winter tyre like the Continental WinterContact TS850 P might be the best "all season" tyre available, but I'd still recommend switching to real summers whatever tyre you get (as the CrossClimate isn't made in your size)

2018-04-03 - Got myself a used VW Touareg about 6 months ago and now need new boots; I live in the north of England and drive a lot on small roads in the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District really wanted something for all seasons but the choice is somewhat limited due to my tyre size: 275/45 r20 have narrowed it down to Pirelli Scorpion Verde alll season, Goodyear Eagle LS2 & Continental ContiCross Contact LX Sport. The later two aren’t sold as all season but do have the M&S marking. Also possibly General Grabber AT3 but I’dont do that much off road just a few farm tracks and fields. Do you think I’m thinking on the right lines? And any tips/ recommendations? Thanks.

I'm a little out of my depth with these tyres! The Scorpion Verde All Season is a good shout, however don't expect miracles in snow and ice as these aren't "three peak mountain and snowflake symbol" marked.

2021-06-14 - Is this tire directional?

The Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season looks to be an asymmetric tyre.

Scorpion Verde All Season Prices

Top 3 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Chevrolet Captiva (235/65 R17 W) on mostly town for 60,000 easy going miles
verry good
195 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2016
Given 41% while driving a Land Rover Evoque (235/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Disaster tyre on the wet surface, brand new Evoque!!!
42 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/55 R19) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Have transformed the ride in my XC60 compared to the factory fitted Conti Eco5. Great grip in icy conditions. Much quieter and smoother. Definitely recommend after 500 miles.
37 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2017
Have you driven on the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season >

Latest Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Reviews

Land Rover (235/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Changed from Scorpion Zero. Improved grip and steering feel but reduced comfort and increased noise
0 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2021
Given 78% while driving a Ford Kuga (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Great tyres, 4x4 Kuga 180, being a petrolhead and dont mind the odd spirited drive, I like to have confidence in my tyres, having driven for some 60 years on many many different brands and type of tyre, I can say these do nothing bad, and nothing brilliant, I found them good in the snow this winter, "really surprised me" I have not found any issue in the wet, I cant get them to let go even when driving beyond what they are made to do, and as for ice, without studs most tyres are not great on the ice, so my summery, they are all weather tyres, they will give you that little bit extra grip in the mud & snow, have found no issues in the wet, and found no issue under dry road conditions.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 5, 2021
Given 43% while driving a Volvo XC70 D5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
As a professional driver and ex Motor Technician these tyres are the worst I can remember ever having fitted. The car has spent more time off the ground checking and double checking the wheel bearings because of the excessive road noise. This latest version of this tyre seems to have an unforgiving hard compound, sounding more like an out and out off road tyre. Will not revisit this tyre in the future, and for once I'm hoping they wear out quickly.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2021
Given 33% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/55 R19 V) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
These were OEM fitment to the 2.0 2WD Volvo XC60. The first set went through in 30,000 miles and only lasted that long by rotating front to rear to make them last longer. The fronts would have gone in 15,000 miles otherwise. A replacement set is not going to last any longer..

I only occasionally drive this car (my partner uses it daily) and i am always astounded by how poorly they grip in the wet. Driving round a wet roundabout is hair-raising, even at moderate speeds it understeers badly ; diesel spill bad. Pulling out of junctions in wet conditions it is no better. Dry performance is good but the ride is harsh and unforgiving, transmitting even small bumps into and through the cabin. I've tried reducing the pressure by a few psi (down from the 35psi recommended) but that makes no difference to ride or handling. I don't often write reviews but these tyres are so poor I want prospective purchasers to know in my opinion these are little better than the cheapest of budget tyres.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/55 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 600 spirited miles
I write this review from Malaysia, which is a tropical country with lots of rain & summer days. I have heard a lot of reviews from oversea and decided to try these tires fitted for my 2015 Xv Crosstrek and it seems my bet is worth. These tires seems to work better in hot & humid condition and it is very comfortable to drive both on & light off-road conditions, going thru mud area and heavy rain is non issue and what i found out if driven on a hot day like over 35C, the tires grip, handling & braking performance improve compare to lower temperature like below 30C in the morning or night. I suspect the rubber compound & the treads works differently on different temperature, due to fuel efficient & long lasting in mind i believe when below 30C the rubber compound become harder to help improve the rolling resistant & treadwear (But also sacrifice handling & braking performance in the process) that why i believe why some owners complain of poor handling or braking performance in icy or wet cold condition at oversea. So overall i personally believe it is more suitable to be sold as a versatile Summer Touring SUV tire with some off-road capability.
11 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2019
Given 46% while driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo (275/45 R20 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Fitted for 1000 miles and regret every mile. They really are jack of all trades and master of none, mediocre across the board. Handling was ok for a new tyre although slipped awfully on wet summer (slippy from rubber deposits) roads. Hard braking on dry caused ABS to activate and filled me with little confidence. I suspect a winter tread on a hard summer compound. Worst point for me though was the noise, the awful tram-lining and poor balancing, and the stones these used to pick up causing premature wear to the sipes.

These are 100% proof there is no true all season and you're better going for a winter set and summer set as the internet screams at us these days.

Had these as they were OE fitment and correctly N0 rated for my car. I've now changed to Michelin Cross Climate+ in my quest for an all season tyre for UK roads, I cant justify the cost of a 2 sets for the winters we have. I want good all year round performance in the UK, safety in the dry, confidence in the wet, and to get home on the one snowy day of the year. Although not N0 rated the Michelins have proved to be far better so far, quieter and more sure. There's a real push for these in the UK at the moment and some good deals to be had. Review of the Cross climate to follow...
16 - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2019
Volvo XC60 (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Fitted from new these tyres are still good at nearly 30,000 miles after 3 years. The fronts are down to about 3mm now so due for replacement soon but I’ve been impressed by these and will buy again given the option.
16 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2019
Land Rover (275/45 R21 W) on mostly country roads for 32 easy going miles
For a 2.5 tonne, 339bhp, 4x4 I was amazed that these were due to last to around 40,000 miles; it was only a surprise tracking problem that wiped out the inside edges of two tyres that cut their life short at 32,000 miles. Very impressive for a car of this weight and power!
I never had any issues whatsoever with grip in either wet or dry, although I never experienced them in ice. What they did suffer from was, occasionally alarming, tram-lining, although this may have been simply down to this car and the width of these tyres. I have since swapped to an alternative tyre, with different wheels and tyres, which are 255 section (instead of 275 section) and this problem has gone.
The the NCS ("noise canceling systems" - or strips of sound deadening foam on the inside of the tyre, they are very quiet indeed.
Performance in snow is utterly outstanding for an All Season (rather than dedicated winter tyre). I was the last car moving on Bodmin Moor when the snow storm hit in February 2019! That's the snow storm that hit the news, with several hundred people stuck on the A30 on the moor overnight - nasty! Okay, it's a full sized Range Rover, but it climbed a 1:5 hill, over several hundred yards, with 4" of snow on it, without a single moment's loss of grip. I now keep a set of these tyres as my dedicated winter tyres!
Any other downsides? The rim protection is a bit mean in comparison to my Michelin Latitude Sport summer only tyres but, other than that, highly recommended.
9 - tyre reviewed on March 31, 2019
Given 42% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 4 (255/50 R20) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
The wife recently put these on her Discovery 4.
Drove it today at 2 deg celsius with wet roads and a small amount of shallow standing water.
TERRIFYING.
I had a couple of moments with normal driving where I seriously thought I might end up rolling it.
The first just catching the edge of an old rubbed out white line, or similar, the second, more scary, on a drifting curve with just a few shallow patches of standing water, nasty little slide at 55mph.
Have driven for 40 years with all different types of rubber, mostly cheap to mid price and normally drive a 530d in reasonably spirited fashion in all weathers.
These are awful and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, indeed I'm going to take them off even though they can have less than 2000 miles on them.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2019
Given 56% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 easy going miles
My car Nissan Qahqai 2014, 1,6 d,has been delivered with Good year Efficient Grip, i replaced those with Good Year all season (too old for Germany with DOT 2011) i have replaced them in April 2018 with Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season,they are nice (not good) in dry conditions but dangerous in wet (even if we have a little bit moisture on the road). I wouldn't recommend those tyres to someone and for sure for the Greek weather conditions are awful, imagine how bad they can be in more rainy countries. I don't even want to drive when the temperature is below 2-3 degrees Celsius. They are NOT all season and especially in close wet turns they are dangerous!!!! If you want to "play" and drift on an AWD car and not more than 45km/hour they are exactly what you seek for. Mud and off road they are just a big fat zero and waist of money. I am already checking for their replacement!!! After all:DO NOT CHOOSE THOSE TYRES!!!!!!
13 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Auto (235/60 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 30,000 average miles
Lasted almost exactly 30,000 on front changed with 2mm left on inner and 3mm middle and outside (still going on rear)

Good through wet mud (pretty deep mud) , wet grass, and mild off road, good in the snow too.

Have just bought 2 more as replacements.
9 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan (235/50 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Fitted from the factory by VW theTiguan with powerful tdi can really lay down the power and these tyres are perfectly suited . When the southeast was covered in snow shortly after I purchased the car the 4 motion system and these tyres gave sure footed progress. In the dry these rather fat 50 profile tyres offer amazing levels of grip. After having a Leon Cupra and mondeo TX sport on 40 series rubber and lowered suspension the Tiguan has surprising levels of grip and corning ability. For a 4wd car , dsg and 240 ps returning 50+ mpg means the rolling resistance of these tyres can`t be too bad. Wet grip has been peerless and with mild off roading on wet mud , again total confidence. These tyres have had to put up with rutted roads and regularly mounting kerbs , no sign of damage. Also compared the the continentals and Bridgestones on previous cars , after 8k miles there is minimal wear. I am surprised and delighted with these tyres.
16 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2018