Sunny SN3830

The Sunny SN3830 is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 53% over 158,990 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2018 Autobild UHP Winter Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good comfort, fuel efficient, low price.
  • Negative - Extremely poor wet grip and long wet braking distances.

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 35th of 48 tyres

2013 Winter Tyre Overview - Braking - 48th of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sunny SN3830
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sunny SN3830. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Sunny SN3830 Reviews

Given 54% while driving a BMW 1 series (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
My scores don't accurately reflect the purpose of the tyre, which is for mud and snow. I have been driving them from November through to the end of March for two seasons. Regular routes include Deeside, Perthshire, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. In rain and snow these tyres perform adequaltely on my rear wheel drive car and enable me to keep traveling in a challenging environment. In mild weather on dry and damp road surfaces, it pays to be circumspect with speed and acceslaration on corners and roundabouts, as control and grip are more limted than my run flat tyes. In my opinion they are up to the job that they are desgned for and are great value for money at around £240 for four tyres.
17 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Nissan xtrail 2.0 dci x3 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
What a purchase, I have been running on these tyres for a winter season in Bavaria. I encountered all kinds of conditions and these tyres have been brilliant, I would definitely recommend.
12 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2015
Given 40% while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Wet/damp road lateral grip is almost non-existent. Don't buy these tyres unless you think unexpectedly slipping off a low speed corner into a ditch sounds like fun.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2015
Have you driven on the Sunny SN3830 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Sunny SN3830? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Sunny SN3830 >

Latest Sunny SN3830 Reviews

Given 32% while driving a BMW 520d (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
Don't buy these, they're dangerous and have virtually no grip!
I travel 100 miles daily to/from work doing the same route. Previousley I had Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance on my rear wheels and two different budget tyres on the front (the budgets came with the car) and I knew what speed I could take each corner at safely and never once lost control of the car of felt unsafe.
Within 1 week of having these on I've lost control of the car on more than one occasion on different corners already going much slower than I used to, each time I have managed to regainn control. For example a slight corner that I used to be able to take at 50mph I now have to go less than 30mph the grip is that bad!
3 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2017
Given 29% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,607 average miles
Horrific, dangerous Tyre. Should not be in production never mind being sold. Terrible in the dry, dangerous in the wet. Removed them from the front to the back and today the backend went sideways totally unexpectedly on a roundabout. Only covered 2600 miles on them and they will be removed as they are extremely dangerous. Driving for 26 yrs covering around 36k miles per year and never had tyres anything like this before.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2017
17 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016
4 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2015
12 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2015
Given 54% while driving a BMW 118d m sport (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Firstly, these are labelled M+S SnowMaster. We've had the wettest mildest winter for years! I've only driven 1000 miles on them. The first point is their comfort compared with the low profile 18" run-flats. It's like driving a bigger, softer car. That's probably due to them being on 16" wheels and a 55% aspect ratio. I find these tyres acceptable for normal driving, but wouldnt want to push them to the limit in warm dry/wet conditions. They are as quiet as the OEM fitment, not harsh over bumps but feel a little slow to respond to steering input. I only paid £176 for the set of 4, which represents excellent value. I'll use them until April this year and next winter. I'll probably change them for a premium winter tyre like the Dunlop if I still own the car in a couple of years.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2014
Given 89% while driving a BMW e60 530i (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I got these for my E60 BMW to improve the winter and snow handling. They perform well in the snow, and icy conditions. No evidence of wear after 6000 miles. Wet grip not as good as wider (premium) summer tyres, when the temperature is above 15 degrees Celcius.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2013
Given 77% while driving a Ford S Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
A good all round winter tyre. Have run two sets on two cars. Excellent on snow and slush, good on ice.
A little noisy at motorway speeds. Frankly some of the reviews are worthless, these are winter tyres and the boy racers should drive accordingly. Drivers like these show their lack of knowledge and experience in winter driving.
These tyres are put on in November until April, run on untreated rural roads they are a Godsend for snow particularly getting started on slopes. Positive steering response, good braking performance.
Drive accordingly and these tyres will not let you down.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2013
Given 23% while driving a Alfa Romeo MiTo (195/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
I am a car enthusiast , and drive a sevens type car and so feel have some idea how a car handles on the limit(and sometimes beyond!). FOr my daily runner I have a 95hp mito, and generally trundle to and from work, and when tires are due for it, I usually go for budget tires. Generally I have never had any problems with ordinary driving with cheap tires. I bought the sunnys because they were the cheap ones the tire place had at the time.

With sunny tires I would say they are very safe, providing you make it round the first few corners in the wet alive. This is in immediate comparison,in the the wet, to the 28000 mile pirellis on the wear limiters with no shoulders left, that were replaced. In the wet or in greasy conditions it feels like you are driving on patchy ice, and therefore in such conditions one has to drive like an undertaker. The steering is very light, no feedback. Noise is actually ok. I hope they will improve a bit as they bed in, but current wet/greasy grip very very poor.

DO NOT BUY THESE TIRES. For budget tires lokk elsewhere nankangs, accelera, generals etc.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2013