Westlake Radial RP18

The Westlake Radial RP18 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 89,030 miles driven.

The Radial RP18 is ranked 25th of 199 Summer Touring tyres.

2014 AMS Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 10th of 11 tyres

• Positive - At a low level a balanced, quiet tyre
  • Negative - Weak wet and dry performance, low-precision steering, wet roads load change sensitivity issues
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Westlake Radial RP18
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Westlake Radial RP18. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Westlake Radial RP18 Reviews

Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen Beetle 1200 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 4,000 spirited miles
As good as the factory continual I had on in tearms of grip but find them loud 50 km, s up , great price great grip but loud , cannot fault grip in wet and dry.
96 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2014
Given 98% while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 30 average miles
Had these fitted today, at National Tyres, I had ordered the Westlake SP06 tyres but after fitting I noticed that it was these tyres fitted, anyway they seem to be really good, they are quiet, respond well to the road, all in all a great cheap tyre.
28 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2017
Given 97% while driving a Chevrolet Spark (185/55 R15 H) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
The best tires I ever bought... the return every penny on safety, comfort and efficiency
27 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2018
Have you driven on the Westlake Radial RP18 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Westlake Radial RP18? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Westlake Radial RP18 >

Latest Westlake Radial RP18 Reviews

Given 63% while driving a Peugeot 408 2.0 16V (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 18,000 easy going miles
Tried these after my original Goodyear's last for about 60.000 km, so far at 30.000km seems it reached half life or so, not sure if it will last another 30k, probably 20k. Fits good, but wet performance is poor, I don't trust them above 100km/h. You get what you are paying for. I'd look for another brand on next set, probably would go Goodyear again.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2021
Mitsubishi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
Have had these tyres on my mitsubishi asx fronts from when I bought the car in Aug 16. Got original Yokohama aspect on rear and car is a 62 plate. Grip in the dry is pretty good. In the wet they are ok but tend to skid/ front end first on corners/roundabouts. I live on a hill and my drive is also steep onto the hill sideways. The slightest bit of hail/snow inhibits grip and the car will slide and skate like a fridge. I appreciate that they are summer tyres but would expect them to grip better in the wet. I agree with comments made about noise levels- bit loud like hail on a tin roof. I'm a little immune to it now but it was the first thing i noticed on my motorway drive home when I picked it up. They do however wear well but you have to put that into perspective with costs of better graded tyres which will cost a bit more. I previously had a mondeo and fitted michelin xclimate on them at Costco. Costly but brill. Don't think they are made for my asx car size. Looking a maxxis ap2 all seasons as a compromise for cost and safety.
17 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2018
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Ford (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Horrible! I will never buy Westlake tires again. They make me feel unsafe everytime I am on the road because they have no sense of grip whatsoever. On top of that, they are too noisy, even for a budget tire. It's not worth it to risk buying Westlake. I heard they partly use plastic for their tires too. Never again!
26 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2017
Given 51% while driving a Mitsubishi mirage cyborg r (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Never again. Even if I don't have the money, I will not risk it again with these cheap and unsafe tires. They are slippery on wet road, noisy, and they wear fast. Overall, you pay for your money's worth.
13 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2017
Given 84% while driving a Chrysler 300C Hemi Touring (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 21,000 average miles
These are great tires.You have to tell the tire techs to road break them on the balancing machine. Its when a large roll on the machine presses down on the tire as it spins slow. This will keep the tire quiet permanetly and cost no extra money! So dont leave negative reviews on noise!
17 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Toyota Vios (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Good tyres. However braking distance of my car has increased compared to the stock tyres. Noise isn't that impressive either. Handling is good and considering the price of these tyres we can't complain can't get any better.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2015
Given 90% while driving a Toyota Yaris (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
They are very much under rated tyres...replaced them over Bridgestone Potenza tyres and they are equally good..nice handling both in wet and dry, good braking and feedback...I didn't find them loud at any instant...and most important fact, they cost half the price of the brigestone Michelin etc...
6 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2015