Yokohama Advan Sport V105S

The Yokohama Advan Sport V105S is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 157,503 miles driven.

The Advan Sport V105S is ranked 24th of 129 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama Advan Sport V105S
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama Advan Sport V105S

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama Advan Sport V105S

2018-09-24 - Is this the same as V105? I saw there's another review of V105, without the S

Yes it is likely the V105S is the same tyre as the V105, I will confirm with Yokohama and merge accordingly.

Advan Sport V105S Prices

Top 3 Yokohama Advan Sport V105S Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Honda Accord CTDi (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Been using Goodyear Eagle F1 Ass. 2 for quite a while and very satisfied.

Decided to give the Yokohama's Advan Sport V105s a chance, and very pleased also.

According to the EU label, I was expecting na increase in fuel consumption, but in reality, there was no difference.

What I felt was a very responsive tyre, great feedback, very safe on wet roads e alot of grip.

I can't give any feedback on how long they will last, but with the Goodyear's, I managed to achieve 40000 km on a set of 4 tyres, rotating every 10000km
29 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2014
Given 76% while driving a SEAT EXEO TDi 170 CR (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 16,500 miles
Very good overall tyre. Gripped just as well as my previous Goodyear Assymetric 2. They lasted 16.5k miles on the front of my Seat Exeo which is the best I have gotten out of any tyres I have previously owned. I managed 13k from the Goodyear and only 11k from Bridgestone re050. The grip was excellent in the dry and still good in the wet. They aren't the quietest but still not loud. They do have a slightly firm ride but not bad.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2018
Given 82% while driving a BMW 320i Msport (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I used these on the front of a rear wheel drive car (rears were a different brand). I like the way these sit on the wheel. The side wall was straight and flush with the wheel instead of rounded like some other brands. I only had them on the car for 8 months (so can't comment on wear) then sold my wheels with the tyres on. Everything about them was good. Although my previous Continental gave me better confidence in the wet, the Yokohama didn't slip or slide either. In the dry they felt better than the Continental so not worth paying the premium price for Continental. I put Goodyear on my new wheels and the Goodyear give a smoother, quieter and more comfortable ride as well as better steering response. The Goodyear aren't as expensive as Continental so if the Goodyear and Yokohama are a similar price I would go for Goodyear. All in all if the Yokohama come up at a good price in future I would definitely buy them again. I've had a good experience with some older Yokohama pattern years ago too.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2018
Have you driven on the Yokohama Advan Sport V105S tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama Advan Sport V105S? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama Advan Sport V105S >

Latest Yokohama Advan Sport V105S Reviews

Given 77% while driving a Vauxhall Astra GTC (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Good tyres but needed run in for a few miles when new. Rather slippy at first in wet but after some wear, tyres are good in wet. Gave confidence in fast corners. No snaking or fish tailing. Bought 2 years ago and tyres more expensive now. Tyres fitted to front wheel drive whells.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Mazda Mazda 6 2.5 GH (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 32,000 spirited miles
awesome tyres. amazing dry and wet grip. slightly noisy but worth it. car steers exactly where you want it to go. Towards end of life does not peel like Michelin PS3. Lasted me about 50,000 KM. dry grip is awesome even when reaching end of life.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Honda Accord CTDi (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
Great Tyres!!!

Really great feedback from the road, steering response and grip!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Honda Accord i DTEC EX (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Always brought Japanese rubber had a new car when I viewed it had yokos on picked it up they put nexen on was not to happy the sales guy assured me they were good tyres maybe so but had new tyres on wife's car yokos advan sport v105s and they were brill so bit the bullet put the same on my car oh what an improvement it's like a different car never had a car stick like this does now brilliant tyres will always buy Yokohama best rubber what a tyre thanks Yokohama fab
1 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2017
Given 82% while driving a Mazda RX8 (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Dry Grip:

Outstanding. Very, very good performance indeed. Never had DSC cut in under hard acceleration or cornering, Ive done fast road events on these without issue and have plenty of confidence in them.

Wet Grip:

Again very impressive. The car feels planted and the amount of water they shift is quite impressive, I followed my car being driven by someone else yesterday In the rain and you could tell just how much they contact the road by the tyre marks being practically water free behind the car. Ive not had the back end twitch in the car which is excellent as the RX8 is known to be a tad twitchy.

Progressiveness/Feedback/Comfort:

The very rigid sidewall on these means they feel firm going over pot holes and speed bumps but the car does ride better with them on. They give excellent levels of feedback though the pattern on these do create some tramlining on the RX8 - this is the price you pay on UK Roads if you want to know what the wheels are really doing. When pushed to the limit they let you know the boundary quite well with a tendency to start to squeal mildly, though it’s easy to control and very predictable.

I can’t comment on wear as Ive only covered 2000 miles.

I would certainly recommend these for a sportier car, which is what the Advan range is aimed at. Excellent grip, feedback and predictability make for excellent spirited driving and these would suit a track toy well.

Id perhaps consider softer alternatives for a predominantly passenger run around, such as the Continental Sport Contact line.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2016
Given 76% while driving a Honda Accord CTDi (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 21,000 average miles
These tyres lasted a little under 21000 miles/35000km

They get my approval, as they are a very safe tyre, with alot of grip, both on wet and dry surfaces. Great feedback, very incisive, will not give you the most confortable ride, but in the end, it's a sport tyre.

Overall, great tyre.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2015
Given 81% while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3 spirited miles
Replaced Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tires for these and before that I'd used Continental Sport Contact 3s. These Yokohamas are much better for grip than either of them. ESP does not cut in on corners where it used to and they haven't let go on me yet. Not too sure how wear is going to go though, they already look half way down after about 3,000 miles.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2013