Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003

The Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002 and this tyre has been replaced by the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE004.

Tyre review data from 75 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 849,006 miles driven.

The Adrenalin RE003 is ranked 24th of 63 Summer Max Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Subaru Forester (215/60 R16) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Fitted to my wife's Forester (which I drive occasionally). So, a sporty tyre in a mostly non-sporty context. I'm interested in tyres & when I've driven the Forester I've had a bit of an exploratory "go" on familiar twisty roads in dry & wet conditions. Conclusions?

Dynamically, it's a very talkative & responsive tyre that operates at low slip angles yet is not snappy when at the limit of its adhesion. Further, recovery of grip in that transition stage is easy to modulate. So, a nicely behaving tyre for both the enthusiast who can "play" it & the non-enthusiast who won't be caught out by untoward behaviour on the tyres' part in, say, an emergency avoidance manoeuvre (which I've simulated).

As for absolute grip levels, my impression is that it is way good indeed in dry condition, streaming wet "tread pattern" conditions & merely slick "compound" conditions. Buy with confidence.

Not that it is of any interest to me but the tyres didn't seem to me to be noticeably uncomfortable or noisy (my wife certainly has not complained & she is more concerned about these things than me). As for longevity, I think that, on current indications, they will be faster wearing than most competitors but that bothers me not at all as it's often the trade-off for a wet-grippy compound.
199 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2016
Given 60% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Doesn't deserve the name potenza. I don't like the tire at all and it ain't really cheap.

Dry grip is just okay. Wet grip on straight road is okay but if you are changing lane is a bit dangerous and of course i don't dare to take a fast corner. Noise level are not sure as i'm using a loud exhaust system. Wear rate is good for POTENZA. Comfort level is below average as the wall is quite flexy. Didn't hug the road well.

Just felt like I'm driving on a cheap ultra perfomance china brands tires. I wish i could get a refund from bridgestone as this tires shouldn't be tagged under potenza ranges.

Not recommended at all.
57 - tyre reviewed on January 11, 2017
Given 33% while driving a Toyota Perodua Myvi Toyota Passo (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Please dont buy this garbage tyres...shame to have Potenza name cause ive driven RE001 Made in Japan last time & its compound quality way better..its half the price of the RE001..much cheaper but i'm running on 15' so price cheap but 18' expensive. Mine is Made in Thailand, previous 2015 manufactured Made in Indonesia RE003 i bought was much better but recently Thai made bought new just clocked btw 1k-2k km...man i tell i regret buying it...will be back to my all time favorite AD08R worth every penny spent! Its twice the price of RE003 but its 10x better! If you want the best or would say the ultimate street tire pick the AD08R! Its for serious enthusiast!
Shame on you Bridgestone for the compound QC!
39 - tyre reviewed on July 2, 2018
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003 >

Latest Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003 Reviews

Given 77% while driving a (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Was looking for tires to fit on my mild turbo proton preve, replacing the 5 year old stock tires. Ended up buying the Adrenaline RE003 for its highest score on dry road, compared to other tires within my budget. Great choice i would say, the grip is much2 better than the stock tires, feels more confident when cornering at high speed. Although its quite noisy, its normal for a high performance tires (some says). The downside is, the wet condition is not that great. Can sometime feel a bit wobbly at high speed (120-140kmh) when its raining. So, i would limit the fastest speed in the rain using these tires to 110-130kmh. Other than the noise and wet performance, i think these tires would be perfect for anyone living where there is not much rain throughout the year. Some say these tires will last around 30000km, so im looking forward to see will it last that long, or less.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Mazda 8 (MPV) 2.3 (235/50 R18) on mostly town for 30,000 easy going miles
They're great on dry and wet condition. Never overcame the grip of the tyre from a family mpv. You could really transform the handling of a car with a sticky tyre. The wet grip and aquaplaning is quite impressive. The grove might seem a little aggressive for a family mpv, but they're quite comfortable albeit a little noisy. They don't last long, only got 30,000km out of the front tyres, but they've got a balance of performance and comfort unlike cheaper brand where they might have the grip, but not the comfort.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2020
Given 63% while driving a (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 17,000 spirited miles
I bought this tyres in May 2018 to replace the OEM tyres on stock 15 x 5.5j rims, price was RM230/pc. The car weighs in at 1080kg dry which is a small, compact sedan. Dry grip is very good and I never had any tyre squeal when doing spirited drive up Genting Highland or Ulu Yam. As the sidewall is surprisingly hard, it's more of a point and shoot when coming to a corner. Granted with 94hp and a CVT gearbox, it is a little slow at the latter. Since the car is quite light in weight, there is a slight nervousness when going through water patches during rain (Malaysian weather is either dry or wet or both). Sometimes there is a slight aquaplaning here and there but so far nothing major occurred during the 27500km I put on it. I have covered most road types in Malaysia except for tracks, which I don't do at all and so far the only downside is EOL behavior and feedback. The tyre becomes quite unpredictable in the wet which prompted me to switch slightly earlier (there is still about 35% life left in the tyres). It's feels vague while doing spirited driving, which does not inspire confident, sometimes even during absolutely dry road. The feedback has also decrease by quite an amount. If the pricing is in a better position, I may get it again but seeing it being replaced by RE004, then I would recommend anyone who wanted this to move to the latter one, as the pricing difference is so minimal (at least in Malaysia), that it would make sense to move to a newer tyre model.
9 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2020
Given 100% while driving a BMW 328i (245/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
i drive an E36 328i with style 194 wheels from a e90 320D and on the rear are RE003 fitted. I love how the RE003 just grip and have not fail me as to the NITTO INVO. the RE003 are just so good in dry n wet, it grips and has so much traction that i just love a twisty road drive and some highspeed drive on the highway for a 355km distance travelling. So far the road noise are quiet and the feedback with the coilovers are a big plus. Really good! would buy them again!
13 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Camry (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 27,000 spirited miles
This is the 3rd set of RE003 I know some may laugh at me driving a Camry sedan pushing on a poor sedan. But believe it or not I drive it pretty hard till gear box over heater and refuse to change gear.(install a cooler and it’s solve) used to drive S13, EG, EK, Evo, R35 and Spec C and retired no more spending so now driving sedan. This RE003 It has never disappoint me for NSH driving and playing high speed corner on the way up and down Genting and winding road to Cameron highland. Rain or Shine it simply grip I drive pretty hard but not in track. High speed average about 160-220km/h regularly on NSH I Change since Jan 2018 to May 2020 travel 44000km left about 20% meat and still holding although during rainy days with puddle of water it does not hold as well since it’s wore. For this RE003 FC is bad and get noisier after 7-8k Now I’m hesitating whether to change RE004 or try something new F1A5
4 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 19,391 spirited miles
RE003 was a revelation after having been on the original GY Assurance that came with the car. It had loads of grip both in wet and dry from the very start compared with the GY. It initially took about 3 trips back to the tyre shop for alignment and realignment to get the center tracking back inline due to a quirk in the initial setup when the GY was still on, after which it was fantastic to drive on. The tyres didn't like lower psi and needed at least 36/38psi to be happy. After 7k miles, the tyres did get slightly louder road noise and also started being a nail magnet. Had to change the tyres out as one of the patched nail holes that happened to be on the shoulder of the tyre started leaking badly and nothing could be done to get it to stop. Overall, good tyres. However, wouldn't go back to it, as the nail magnetism was beyond my comfort zone.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2020
Given 74% while driving a Perodua Myvi (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Very good handling on dry road, it give me more confidence during cornering especially when the tyre is slightly warm or hot. Gripping power during cornering very good. For wet road I have less confidence with this tyre as I understeer a lot when cornering down genting hill. I'll recommend getting this tyre as it's cheap and good to use.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Subaru Forester (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
These were a value option when I needed a pair of tyres during an interstate road trip in Australia. $135 each for a Subaru Forester - 215/60/16 I think? That was lower mid range pricing in 2016 in Oz. By the time I got home I was surprised and impressed - they were much better than I expected. Bought another two within months. Did maybe 50K on them in 18 months and bought a second set last year. I can't fault them in any area. I run 38 PSI and they complement the ageing Forester's balance and looseness well. Grip and feel are good and the wear is not high. I've driven several other foresters recently, other decent tyres just don't feel as confidence inspiring. I also drive a Mark 3 MX5, quite firmly, and am about to get re003s as the daily tyres. In that application with more limit-seeking and front to rear pitching I can tell these tyres will not be all or nothing. I am sure there are others but these inexpensive tyres are now for me basically "The ones" - just about right. They're my standard tyre now :-)
2 - tyre reviewed on February 29, 2020
Given 100% while driving a Peugeot 407 4 door sedan 2.0 petrol (215/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 100 spirited miles
Best tyre 😎
2 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Subaru Forester 2.0 XT (225/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
These really transformed my car! Have had 4 different brands/models on my Forester JDM XT Manual (owned car for 100K Miles, 160K Kilometers) including Goodyear, Falken, Bridgestone (TZ001) and Nitto. No comparison, these grip way beyond any kind of road driving - at the limit they let you know and still have plenty of grip! They are noisier than the other tyres though not annoying even on long trips.

Really inspire confidence even in the wet, I've never had any thought they could let go. Almost impossible to get them squealing, unlike other tyres on this car when it was hard to avoid. Can keep with with any traffic easily even on twisty and bumpy NZ roads.

Also - they look awesome and make the relatively high 55 profile (16") somehow looker lower... really makes the car look purposeful. Have found they wear a little faster being a 4WD turbo, but still acceptable for the price.

Overall I will never use a different tyre!
1 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2020
Given 94% while driving a Mercedes Benz E550, 4matic, airmatic (245/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
I love these tyres. I have bought RE001's, RE002's and now RE003's on our vehicles and I have never had a problem with any of them. As Bridgestone have stopped making the size for the rear of the Merc we now have S007A which are nowhere near as good. I really struggle to get the power down, even a bit of a push to get into traffic in the dry will make it light up the rear wheels and have the traction control kicking in.Bring back the RE003's!
5 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2019
Given 77% while driving a Nissan 350z (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
fantastic all round tyre for a great price I got mine buy 3 get 1 free. wet grip is good dry grip is great road noise is fine.
15 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2019