Bridgestone Potenza RE050

The Bridgestone Potenza RE050 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 56 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 939,170 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Reviews

Given 44% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta GLX (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Had from factory on Jetta 2.0 TSI (200 bhp)..
Very noisy tyres, losing very quicly grip.. At 55.000 km they are loking good...
Very sure, I'll not but this tyres ever..
76 - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015
Given 91% while driving a MINI Cooper SD (205/40 R17 W) on for 120,000 spirited miles
I ran several sets of these on my R56 mini cooper S and now run them on my F56 cooper SD. Love them as summer tyres on both cars. When I got the new SD it was running Dunlop sport maxx RT tyres and was rather prone to understeer on wet country roads (alarming and disappointing compared to the older car). I worried that it was caused by the heavier diesel engine, but replacing the tyres with Bridgestone RE050's fixed the issue completely.
As I said, great as summer tyres for the mini. They do loose a bit of traction on cold wet roads around 5 Deg C. For winter months I use Bridgestone Blizzak LM32 tyres which have a less ultimate grip in the warm, but are better in cold conditions, are very progressive and maintain decent turn in that some other winter tyres don't.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Lexus IS250SE (245/45 R17) on mostly town for 11,328 average miles
Currently used for 18232km, left around 5.5mm, can go for estimate 20000km more
Performance and road handling good!
Only drawback is noise level slightly higher
5 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza RE050 >

Latest Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Reviews

Given 56% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK7 GTI (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 25,000 average miles
I had these on a Golf Mk7 GTI performance Pack.I was running 230bhp to the front wheels so traction would always be an issue but these tyres were not great at all. They lasted me 25,000 miles over 4 years and my driving style varies, however they are not good in corners, not good off the lights and not good in the wet. Wouldn't recommend these. Buying some Michelin Pilot Super Sports instead as they have been highly regarded on my car.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Mazda 6 MPS 2.3L V6 Turbo AWD (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 81,000 spirited miles
Best tires I ever have had. Their territory starts when you drive over 170 km/h on curvy road. I have now driven with them 81000 km and now their life is over but I will buy new ones next week.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Volvo V40 D4 Cross Country (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I had to replace two Bridgestone Turenza tyres in the spring of last year. I bought two Bridgestone Potenza tyres to match the two remaining Potenza tyres someone had purchased prior to my ownership. The car appears to handle just the same as before. However the ride is slightly softer and the grip is excellent.. I have noticed that on very cold days it is easier to spin the Potenza tyres on the front than I remember. The Bridgestone tyres have lasted well and are very popular as original equipment. I would recommend Bridgestone tyres to anyone based on my experience to date.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019
Currently used for 18232km, left around 5.5mm, can go for estimate 20000km more
Performance and road handling good!
Only drawback is noise level slightly higher
5 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
7 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2017
Given 89% while driving a Honda S2000 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
These tyres came with my car when I bought it two and a half years ago where the previous owner had only used this exact tyre. The fronts were replaced with ContiContactSport5's last year but the rears have only just worn down to legal limit. Driving has been on road only with mostly average and partially spirited driving lasting almost 20,000 miles on the tyre.
I can't really fault the tyre but have decided to replace these with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's as they rate highly with my car.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2015
Given 73% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 sporting (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 50,952 average miles
These tyres lasted 82000km. The greatest thing about it is the feedback and dry grip. The feedback. The feedback is amazing. I've tried a few other tyres, and nothing compares to these.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2015