Bridgestone Potenza RE050

The Bridgestone Potenza RE050 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 56 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 939,170 miles driven.

The Potenza RE050 is ranked 53rd of 70 Summer Max Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Reviews

Given 44% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta GLX (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Had from factory on Jetta 2.0 TSI (200 bhp)..
Very noisy tyres, losing very quicly grip.. At 55.000 km they are loking good...
Very sure, I'll not but this tyres ever..
Helpful 82 - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Lexus IS250SE (245/45 R17) on mostly town for 11,328 average miles
Currently used for 18232km, left around 5.5mm, can go for estimate 20000km more
Performance and road handling good!
Only drawback is noise level slightly higher
Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Given 91% while driving a MINI Cooper SD (205/40 R17 W) on for 120,000 spirited miles
I ran several sets of these on my R56 mini cooper S and now run them on my F56 cooper SD. Love them as summer tyres on both cars. When I got the new SD it was running Dunlop sport maxx RT tyres and was rather prone to understeer on wet country roads (alarming and disappointing compared to the older car). I worried that it was caused by the heavier diesel engine, but replacing the tyres with Bridgestone RE050's fixed the issue completely.
As I said, great as summer tyres for the mini. They do loose a bit of traction on cold wet roads around 5 Deg C. For winter months I use Bridgestone Blizzak LM32 tyres which have a less ultimate grip in the warm, but are better in cold conditions, are very progressive and maintain decent turn in that some other winter tyres don't.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2017
Have you driven on the Bridgestone Potenza RE050 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Potenza RE050 >

Latest Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Reviews

Given 56% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK7 GTI (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 25,000 average miles
I had these on a Golf Mk7 GTI performance Pack.I was running 230bhp to the front wheels so traction would always be an issue but these tyres were not great at all. They lasted me 25,000 miles over 4 years and my driving style varies, however they are not good in corners, not good off the lights and not good in the wet. Wouldn't recommend these. Buying some Michelin Pilot Super Sports instead as they have been highly regarded on my car.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Mazda 6 MPS 2.3L V6 Turbo AWD (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 81,000 spirited miles
Best tires I ever have had. Their territory starts when you drive over 170 km/h on curvy road. I have now driven with them 81000 km and now their life is over but I will buy new ones next week.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on April 4, 2019
Want your tyres to save you money on petrol? Click here!
Given 97% while driving a Volvo V40 D4 Cross Country (225/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I had to replace two Bridgestone Turenza tyres in the spring of last year. I bought two Bridgestone Potenza tyres to match the two remaining Potenza tyres someone had purchased prior to my ownership. The car appears to handle just the same as before. However the ride is slightly softer and the grip is excellent.. I have noticed that on very cold days it is easier to spin the Potenza tyres on the front than I remember. The Bridgestone tyres have lasted well and are very popular as original equipment. I would recommend Bridgestone tyres to anyone based on my experience to date.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Honda S2000 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
These tyres came with my car when I bought it two and a half years ago where the previous owner had only used this exact tyre. The fronts were replaced with ContiContactSport5's last year but the rears have only just worn down to legal limit. Driving has been on road only with mostly average and partially spirited driving lasting almost 20,000 miles on the tyre.
I can't really fault the tyre but have decided to replace these with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's as they rate highly with my car.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2015
Given 73% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 sporting (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 50,952 average miles
These tyres lasted 82000km. The greatest thing about it is the feedback and dry grip. The feedback. The feedback is amazing. I've tried a few other tyres, and nothing compares to these.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2015
Given 80% while driving a BMW E46 M3 (255/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 40,000 spirited miles
The rate price and quality is correct.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2014
Given 49% while driving a Volkswagen (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
Had these on a VW Jetta 147 in Australia (known as GLI in USA, similar to Golf GTI) with factory sports suspension with fairly aggressive negative camber. Can't really complain about the grip as it was to a standard I expect without being exceptional however after 25,000km the tyres were badly scalloped (uneven wear) and the noise was unbearable especially on the rears. Whilst tread was only slightly worn they are junk and needed to be replaced. I will get my next set with a higher wear rating than these (at 140) rotated more but generally disappointed as I have never experienced wear and noise like this before.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2014
Given 41% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 cdti 150hp (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 14,655 average miles
Only achieved 14500 miles on these tyre, they are quite noisy and a hard ride not helped of course by the 18in wheels on the car.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2013
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 40,000 average miles
Tyres were fitted with the car. They have served well and almost 60,000k. They've never really been pushed hard.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2013
Given 36% while driving a BMW 330i M SPORT SALOON (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
very bad, bad tyres. Won't bye again Brigestone..
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2013
Given 64% while driving a Audi A6 (245/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 10,000 easy going miles
My first experience of Brridgestone tyres. I replaced the OE Continental tyres for these. Good grip wet and dry but fallling off fast now that they're 1mm above the wear indicator. Noise is no real difference. Very dissappointed with the wear for an expensive premium tyre. £750 for 4 and after 10,000 the fronts need replaced. Mainly motorway with a 60mile daily commute with a top speed of 70 (if I'm lucky).
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2013
Given 67% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 400 easy going miles
cant keep car in a sraight line through standing water,3-4mm tread left,car feels dangerous,bought 400 miles ago from a ford dealer,had 300 point check,cars pass at 70-90mph while a struggle to do 60,front end skips all over the place,do i sell or try new tyres????? grip in dry is fine,damp roads ok,standing water forget it...its a handfull,had jag's m3 turbo stuff,cant control this type r with these bridgestones in minor standing water,got avon zz3's on my audi a4 8000 miles still plenty tread,great grip wet or dry,had zz3's on a celica great tyres,conti sports close to wear limits on s,type i had grip btr in wet than these rubbish bridgestones.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2013