Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect

The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2.

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 7,300 miles driven.

The Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect is unranked of 23 Summer Trackday and Competition tyres.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect

Questions and Answers for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect

2021-02-26 - I have the BMW M140i xdrive and I love to take it to track occasionally. The car has understeer problem and I am looking for a right everyday/trackday combination tyre. Unfortunately the negative camber adjustment is challenging due to all wheel drive so need to address this with the right tyre selection and wheel size. I enjoy your channel and really appreciate your guidance on the tyre and wheel size selection.

Unfortunately I can't give any official advise about changing tyre size without testing, as there's too many variables at play - there might be people on BMW forums who know better. If you do fit a set of the excellent Michelin Cup 2 Connects, and decide there's too much understeer still, you can try adjusting the balance by raising the rear tyre pressure, however this will only make small changes to the overall driving experience.

Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect Prices

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect >

Latest Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect Reviews

Given 79% while driving a BMW 335i (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Previously used original Michelin PSC2, Pirelli PZ4 and Michelin PSS. Compared to original PSC2, wet grip and aquaplaning resistance are massively improved, it took me a while to build trust in the wet, having had some moments on PSC2s before, but they are almost as good as PSS incredibly. Dry grip and handling limits are beyond sensible road driving, but the tyres always feel special, you know you're on good shoes at all speeds, but as they wore, became more like you'd expect a track tyre to feel; tramlining etc. Ride quality is firm but good, noise on poor surfaces is high, but on good surfaces almost silent. I like tyres that convey the surface well and they do that better than any other road tyre I've used. Like the old PSC2s and PSS, dry and wet grip go off noticeably under 7C ambient temp. I do a lot of miles and wear is not as good as the old PSC2, the rears went under the limit after 7k miles, I got over 10k from the old PSC2s and 17k from the previous PSSs, Pirelli PZ4s were at 2mm in under 10k on this car. With my head I'd choose PSS or maybe try PS4S for my road driving, but I'd wish I still had the ultimate; so my heart ordered another set!
1 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2021
Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco R 265 PS DSG (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
I bought this tyre for all the wrong reasons, l liked the look of it. Anyway, for all the reasons you might not use a ps cup 2 as a daily driver (in the wet that is) it doesn't seem anywhere near as drastic with the ps cup2 connect. They don't handle any differently in the wet to the bridgestone reo50s I've been using. Actually more comfort, though the bridgestone had hardened- up.I think michelin might have worked a bit of magic here. Mick S.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2020