Sava Eskimo S3+

The Sava Eskimo S3 Plus is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 253,500 miles driven.

The Eskimo S3+ is ranked 31st of 88 Winter Touring tyres.

2019 ADAC 185/65 R15 Winter Tyre Test - 14th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Great results in the snow
  • Negative - Weak dry performance
  • Overall - Average

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 175/65 R14 - 8th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good in the snow
  • Negative - Relatively weak in the dry and wet

2017 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 195/65 R15 - 15th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Especially good in the snow
  • Negative - Weak on dry roads, relatively weak in the wet
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Eskimo S3 Plus Prices

Top 3 Sava Eskimo S3 Plus Reviews

Given 66% while driving a Opel Corsa (165/70 R13 T) on mostly town for 8,000 average miles
PRO
- Impressive grip on snow,
- Quiet even at 70mph and very easy to steer them.
- Above-average road feedback.

CON
- Poor grip on dry and wet tarmac.
- When they lose grip, they tend to be wild.
- Worn very fast, lasting 8000 miles, driven mostly in the city.
87 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2016
Given 91% while driving a Citroën 1.0 petrol (155/70 R13 T) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
So, this is an initial review after driving on these tyres for 1 season from mid November to mid March in Croatis. I bought them new and they were made in 2016 in Poland. Take this review with a grain of salt because I can only compare these Eskimos to some old winter tyres (Klebers and Barums I think) that were on the car when I bought it and with my current summer tyres (Nokian iLines).

I decided to change my old tyres last fall when I noticed a disconcerting lack of grip on damp roads. I bought only 2 tyres because money was an issue and had them installed to the front. I bought them for 300 kunas ( approx. 40 euros) a piece at my local garage with everything included, so it was a good deal. The change was very positive. Dry grip was very good and wet grip was much improved (unlike some drivers here I don't find these tyres lacking in the wet, just the opposite, even when compared to my Nokians). Road feedback is good and at first I taught the handling was pretty good, that is until I put the Nokians on. The iLines are much better and much sportier, but to my surprise the Eskimos are more comfortable and quieter. Just to note my profile, or my car for that matter, isn't sporty but the differences are pretty noticeable.

OK, so they are a pretty decent winter tyre in these regards but where they really shine is where you'd expect them to: in the snow. We had a couple of days of snowfall here in Croatia and it was real "canadian" weather. I'm talking 30 centimeters of snow on the road in a couple of hours. I needed to make a trip to a nearby town and I felt confident after reading the reviews on this site. Let me tell you I was unstoppable. The snowplows couldn't clean the snow at the rate it was falling, the weather was really bad but I never lost control. I went up some steep roads and down feeling safe.

There you have it. These tyres are safe, comfortable, magnificent in the snow and cheap, although not sporty at all. The wear seems minimal for now and I can recommend them to people who want cheap and comfortable dedicated winter tyres.
22 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2017
Given 76% while driving a SEAT Toledo (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
Driven one winter season, very good on snow, soft tyre, comfortable and quiet, handling - medium rating, low price. These were made in Spain, XL version. I dont like Sava eskimo pattern. Estimated lasting on front tyres (front wheels drive) 20000+ km, on rear weels 30000+ km.
7 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2017
Have you driven on the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Sava Eskimo S3 Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Sava Eskimo S3 Plus >

Latest Sava Eskimo S3 Plus Reviews

SEAT (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Perfect tyre for winter. Excellent snow grip.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Opel Vectra C 1.9CDTi 150bhp (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Tire performs good both on dry and wet roads and is excellent on snow and icy roads. Great price/performance. Would buy again
0 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2020
Given 69% while driving a Toyota Auris (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
I bought them couple of years ago as I couldn't find anything better at the moment. I will be completely honest. The first 2 winter seasons they were amazing. Like premium ones. But after those 2 years they were below average. I mean sure.. they break and all but with water they worked only like 75% and in snow less than 50%. Twice I needed to go through ice and I wouldn't do it again.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2020
Given 77% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Variant Estate 2.0 TDi 140 DSG (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Tires have been driven for 3 winters and about 25000km. Grip is pretty good, not the best there is, but for the price it's great. Wet grip isn't quite the best, but it's far from bad. On snow the tires are perfect. Would buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Given 64% while driving a Peugeot 407Hdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Good cheap tyre with great snow grip.
6 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 TDI (195/65 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
The tire has average dry grip but not even close to be dangerous. In wet its little better. In snow it's excellent. Grip in snow is outrageously good. Handling and breaking is very good in snowy conditions. On ice has good grip and breaking. Wear is very low. In comperison to continintal or michelin in my opinion is better in snow and worse in dry conditions. On average in my opinion very good snow tire.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk5 1.9 TDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
I have a good experience with them. Used the all seasons, 2 winters the tires are kinda done, only this winter are usable but still they have a good drip in the snow and ice.
On heavy rain i've had pretty good grip, almost drove like it was dry, never had aquaplane with them, the noise when they were new was a little high but it's not that much of a problem, after they worn out a little bit the noise disappears.
Handling was very good, didn't had any problem. I do recommend them, and they are pretty cheap.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Subaru Impreza (175/70 R14) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I drive these tyres on a subaru impreza.On snow and ice its basically unstoppable with them.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Citygo (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I begun to use these on my citigo, replacing Falken sn832 ecorun summer tyre set. Though i drove little with them and can't tell anything for snow performance for the moment, i must tell that to my surprise, these are better for road noise, more comfortable and almost have no negative effect on actual mpg compared to Falken summer tyres which had been picked as they are strong on these aspects ( which is really true as i can compare with Bridgestone ecopia ). So initial impression is exatly on the good side.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2015
Given 81% while driving a Ford Escort Estate 1.8TD (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 easy going miles
great tires, perform extremely good in snow. they are comfortable but i wouldnt recommend them for really high speeds as they seem to be soft but anyway who drives faster than 110 km/h in snow :) accelerating and braking in snow is really good, i wouldnt say that it is better than a continental or goodyear but it is as good as they are for a cheaper price.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2015
Given 71% while driving a Hyundai Coupe 2.0L (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Fitted these last winter. Not the best winter tire I had, but they are very good value for money. As other noticed they are soft on edges and not the best on wet or dry roads, however they did behave very good on snow. For example there was one day a blizzard, lots of snow on the autobahn, I was averaging cca 70 kph when I saw a column of 4 cars of some state officials and they police escort in the back (Audi A6) on the left lane (I was on the right one). They were overtaking everyone so I decided to mess with them. When they came close to my car I speeded up a bit, and so did they. We both had cca 90 kph and since the conditions on the road were pretty bad, It wasn't safe to drive any faster for me, but it wasn't safe for them ether. So they weren't able to overtake me with they expensive quattro A6-ses and probably very expensive top brand tires. I was driving parallel with the lead car (I on the right lane and they on the left). Finally after the lead police escort saw that I'm not slowing down and that they can't overtake me because driving faster was simply to dangerous, they turned on the police siren showing me to slow down and let them pass! Haha, since they are state officials they must drive faster then anyone else! But this showed me that these tires were great on heavy snow since I was able to drive with my front wheel drive as fast as A6 quattro on the snow.
Last year when i bought them they were the best option. This year you can get for only 5% more money something like Toyo or Uniroyal. Since I have Uniroyal Rainexpert 2 summer tires and they are great, I would probably go with Uniroyal winter tires this year.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2015
Given 69% while driving a Citroën C3 (185/60 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Amazing tire on snow until the end, above average handling and stability on white roads. Average on dry roads, too soft for speeding, but very predictable. Ride was comfortable, even on higher speeds if conditions are good.
Problems come with rain, this tire doesn't like wet roads, and it only gets worse with time. But if you drive slow enough you won't get killed, and they should last at least for three seasons.

All in all, best cheap winter tire you can buy. Just drive slower in rain. Or invest more in better tires.

2 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2015