Continental UltraContact UC6

The Continental UltraContact UC6 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 297,075 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental UltraContact UC6
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental UltraContact UC6

Questions and Answers for the Continental UltraContact UC6

2017-08-17 - Hi there. What is the recommended tyre pressure for uc6 205/50 R16. Thank you

The tyre pressure for the Continental UltraContact UC6 is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

2019-03-14 - I am looking for the best performance tyre in a 195 65 15 for a road race austin healey 3000. I was about to buy continental premium contact 5 when I was told that the ultra contact 6 is a far superior tyre. He said that was based on your web site. Yet you have not done any testing. Only comments from people with cars like a toyota corolla. So how can you possible give this tyre such a high score

The Continental UltraContact range is for the American market and not available in the UK, so if you were looking at the Premium Contact 5 which is a European pattern, it's unlikely you will be able to purchase both.

Top Continental UltraContact UC6 Review

Given 90% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (185/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
The difference between Dunlop Enasave Ec 300 and Continental UC6 is big. I can go 100kph without realizing it with my Mazda 2 sedan. I find that the dry and wet grip of the tyre is very good if compared to my original stock Dunlop tyre. I'm not sure about the wear rate as i've just fitted the tyre for only 2 months. UC 6 might not have the same comfort level with the CC6 but for a tyre meant for handling and griping, i find it surprisingly comfortable. The downside of the tyre is that it costs me a fortune even though it was made in Malaysia , my own country, the price shouldn't be setting that high. Overall i would recommend UC 6 to those who wish to seek for good handling and comfort if one dont wish to use sport tyres .
359 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2017

Latest Continental UltraContact UC6 Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental UltraContact UC6 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental UltraContact UC6? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental UltraContact UC6 >>

Given 74% while driving a Nissan Elgrand e52 (235/55 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Fitted to replace the previous Michelin Latitude Your HP. Great improvement in dry traction, the Michelin would slip very easily when setting off. Wet traction is also better, and under hard braking abs never came on. There was plenty of dry grip, a welcome improvement over the previous set, much the same for wet grip which was very reassuring. Steering feel is more direct and intuitive providing a higher level of feedback from the road, but ride comfort overall was still on the softer side, not much changed here, except for how these tyres make no squeals or scrubbing sounds when driven on painted parking lot surfaces like the Michelins did. The tyre is also very predictable and stable at higher speeds. Overall tread noise stayed roughly the same level but with a slightly hollow tone compared to the gritty rumble from the Michelin, generated mostly from the contact to our rough roads, on smoother freshly paved sections there isn't any noticeable difference. These didn't last as long as the Michelins (25k miles vs 30k miles), but they were being driven much harder in comparison thanks to the improvement in handling and grip. I was forced to keep them on the car right down to the tread wear indicators, due to a tyre shortage in our area caused by the pandemic. The tires did suffer from higher wear on the outer shoulder blocks, more severe on the tyres mounted at the front (I tried to keep the tyres inflated at 39-37 psi). However, I was very disappointed when one of the tyres started causing steering vibrations. The problem slowly developed and got worse over time, and I ended up visiting the tyre shop several times to rebalance the wheel. Finally found out that the tyre was not wearing round; a section nearly two hand widths on the tyre had worn down noticeably closer to the bottom of the tread grooves than the rest of the tyre, which was clearly visible when the wheel was off the car at the time we identified it (the vibration leading up to that day was particularly severe). I doubt it was caused by a lockup. As mentioned earlier this tyre handles hard braking just fine, especially with the rather undersized brakes on this car and on top of this there was a decent reduction in vibration which lasted temporarily with each balancing. So with the tyre shortage we had to mount the tyre back on the car after balancing, this time on the rear. There was no bulge in the actual carcass of the tyre, even when inspected from the inside, and by the time I finally replaced this set of tyres it had worn back to being round again. As far as I know, I am the only person who has had this problem with this tyre in my area and I cannot find anything about this issue online. The tyre mechanics said they hadn't seen anything like it, which was why they didn't suspect this as the culprit of the vibration for so long. I was previously considering the Continental MC6's for our Volvo S60 but decided against it since they are manufactured in the same location. On another note, I ended up replacing them with a set of the new Bridgestone RE004's (had no idea they existed until I visited my local Bridgestone distributor) and would like to leave a review of those as well, but they are not on the site yet and I've yet to receive an email response for the past 3 months now after using both 'suggest a tyre' and 'contact tyre reviews' (also had an inquiry about the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 tyres which ended up on the aforementioned Volvo S60, as their tread pattern does not resemble any of the images found online).
0 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2021
1 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2021
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 miles
This tyre is very well-balanced in terms of dry/wet performance and also overall comfort. I have used both Michelin PS4 and Primacy 4 tires in my car, so i could confidently say the UC6 outperforms the Primacy 4 in almost all aspects except for tyre wear which i couldn't comment for now as it still has about 5mm thread depth left after 30k KM. (Primacy 4 lasted for 42k KM). In term of tire performance, for comparison purposes I set PS4 as the benchmark (100%), i would rate UC6 in relative to PS4 as following:- Dry - 85/100 Wet - 80/100 Handling - 80/100 However, this tyre has a relatively softer side wall so it's definitely more comfortable and the noise level is lower compared to PS4. Taking into consideration of UC6 is not a high performance tyre, so generally im happy with this UC6 and it's much cheaper than the Michelins, definitely recommended!
25 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Volvo S40 2.4i 2007 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
This tyre were fitted to replace an aging eco tyres that were fitted to the car at purchase. Right away after fitment from the tyre shop, the comfort and feedback were felt immediately despite being filled with lower pressure than I use usually (220 kPa vs 250 kPa as recommended for highway driving by manufacturer). Dry grip is more than satisfying but its wet grip that impresses more, standing water and torrential rain is easily navigated at decent speed. Wet braking is even more so impressive as there's no drama to the braking. While the tyres were relatively softer, the noise level is quite audible but not disruptive or distracting and is more than adequate given its wet grip. The one department that could do better is wear levels as it is a little more than halfway worn after 2 years and under 30k miles covered. Still, its an impressive in my view for its price.
7 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2020

See all 22 customer reviews of the Continental UltraContact UC6 (newest first) >>