Continental UltraContact UC6

The Continental UltraContact UC6 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 38 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 430,892 miles driven.

The UltraContact UC6 is ranked 48th of 138 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental UltraContact UC6

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental UltraContact UC6

Questions and Answers for the Continental UltraContact UC6

2017-08-17 - Hi there. What is the recommended tyre pressure for uc6 205/50 R16. Thank you

The tyre pressure for the Continental UltraContact UC6 is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

2019-03-14 - I am looking for the best performance tyre in a 195 65 15 for a road race austin healey 3000. I was about to buy continental premium contact 5 when I was told that the ultra contact 6 is a far superior tyre. He said that was based on your web site. Yet you have not done any testing. Only comments from people with cars like a toyota corolla. So how can you possible give this tyre such a high score

The Continental UltraContact range is for the American market and not available in the UK, so if you were looking at the Premium Contact 5 which is a European pattern, it's unlikely you will be able to purchase both.

2020-12-16 - what is Road Feedback on tests list

Road feedback is how the tyre handles when driving

2021-09-24 - Hi What is the energy label for Continental ultra contact UC6 2021 205/55 /R16

Sorry, I don't have that data on file, it should be on the Continental website though :)

2022-03-08 - how much is the treadwear/traction and temperature of the ultracontact uc6?

That depends on the size, data can be found on the Continental website.

Top 3 Continental UltraContact UC6 Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (185/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
The difference between Dunlop Enasave Ec 300 and Continental UC6 is big. I can go 100kph without realizing it with my Mazda 2 sedan. I find that the dry and wet grip of the tyre is very good if compared to my original stock Dunlop tyre. I'm not sure about the wear rate as i've just fitted the tyre for only 2 months. UC 6 might not have the same comfort level with the CC6 but for a tyre meant for handling and griping, i find it surprisingly comfortable. The downside of the tyre is that it costs me a fortune even though it was made in Malaysia , my own country, the price shouldn't be setting that high. Overall i would recommend UC 6 to those who wish to seek for good handling and comfort if one dont wish to use sport tyres .
Helpful 424 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Honda City (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Driven for over 30000km , satisfied with the quality . Wet nor dry , it perform well most of the time . Most of my friends said michelin ps4 is the best , but for me personally , this is one of those cheaper tyre that offers same quality and performance as ps4 is .
Helpful 103 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2020
Given 67% while driving a Toyota Estima Aeras G (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 375 spirited miles
I am not familiar with continental tyre and confusing with the model names called "ultra". I read the review that shows good response then I give a a green buy. About the comfort and noise, it is excellent. But for handling and safety at high speed, I will say so so and make me worry as I like to cruise at high speed. I put this one to my Estima that I plan to for more comfort and less noise cruising. I realize that it is not a best choice for UC6 as it is too soft y for the side wall. Mfg tyre pressure is 33psi that has give you the body rolling over when cornering and bouncing when travelling straight line. To improve it, I purposely add in 1-2 psi to increase the stiffness of side wall. Yes, it helps. I was choosing between BS GR100 and Conti MC5. Thus, next time I shall have consult with expert to have a better handling performance tyre but also enjoy the comfort and quiet at versatile choice.
Helpful 74 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2017
Have you driven on the Continental UltraContact UC6 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental UltraContact UC6? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental UltraContact UC6 >

Latest Continental UltraContact UC6 Reviews

Given 57% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 620 average miles
Totally disappointed with the UC6. Changed from F1D5 to UC6 knowing that it is not sporty as the F1D5. The MC6 is not available in this size and CC6 is known to perform badly in grip. Although there some mixed reviews on UC6 online, mostly are on the positive side. Initially everything seem OK on city driving. The ride was quiet & comfort, even-though the steering feedback is numb, which is still OK for me, I was not expecting the handling like the F1D5. However, things started to get worse as it went on highway. The UC6 rolling tyre noise is noticeably loud. It was unbearably loud even at the speed of 90km/h on certain rough highway surface. I could not bear with the noise generated from the UC6 and changed to Eagle F1 Sport after 1 month of usage. I were using the CPC2 before the F1D5, never expected the UC6 to perform so badly. The Eagle F1 Sport performs as good as the F1D5. No complain.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2022
Given 69% while driving a Honda HRV (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 50 spirited miles
These tyres came from the dealership new. Covered just over 50,000kms thus far on less than perfect roads albeit I do alignment, balancing and tyre rotation every 10,000kms. Living in a hot wet country and they have done well thus far. My only complaint is like most Continental Tyre's, the stiffer sidewalls which aide cornering, end up hurting this tyre's comfort and NHV. I experienced the same with the premium contact 2 and sport contact 5 on other vehicles. Is it a premium tyre, yes. Is it refined, no Will i replace with the same tyre possibly.
Helpful 9 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2022
Want to know what the BEST AT tires are? Watch below!
Given 76% while driving a proton x50 (215/55 R18) on mostly town for 27,000 average miles
Dry grip it's good enough, but wet road it's bad less grip. Overall for this tyres it's alright. I would like to replace it MC6 and tried it out
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2022
Given 94% while driving a (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 7 average miles
Quiet, comfort and superb grip in dry. Much, much better than the Hankook Ventus K114 and the Falken ZE914 that I've used before. I drive mainly on the highways to work, and these tires are top notch. Handling is above average, but hey, I don't drive a sports car anyway. Will definitely buy them again!
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2022
Given 47% while driving a VW Polo 6R 1.6 TDI Bluemotion (/55 R19) on mostly town for 33,000 average miles
Had this cz the OEM-equipped tire for my car model, so UC6 SUV type. It will not last for any more than 2 years as at 21k km, the front tire already had sign-off wear on the outer side even though send it for alignment, balancing, and rotates. The dry is ok but not that great as the well known Michelin PS3, PS4 on my other car. The worst is during heavy rain, it just a class below the Michelin tyre grip. Pro is it really quite vs Michelin. Guess the Traction Rating of A instead of AA as Michelin play parts here. Will make it worn out maybe another 1 year and change to other brand like Michelin or Hankook or other brands.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2022
Given 80% while driving a Mazda 3 SkyactiV (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Dry Grip 8/10 ;Wet Grip 8/10 ;Handling 8/10 ;Wear 7/10 ;Comfort 9/10 ; Noise : Improved Compare to Primacy3st
Helpful 28 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2022
Given 60% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 6R 1.2 TSI MT (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Changed from CPC2 to UC6. Was on 215/45/16 with the CPC2, unfortunately couldn't get the same size so had to settle for the closest which is 205/50/16. Was extremely happy with the CPC2, ended up clocking 70,000 KM with it, pretty bald when I changed. Overall handling feels ok, I'm using them on my VW Vento 1.2 turbo. As it is still pretty new, dry and wet braking as well as handling all feels good, but the UC6 is definitely softer than my previous CPC2. The sidewall feels way softer, can feel it clearly during corners, somewhat wobbly feel. I initially thought it is due to the increased ratio but 45 on 215 is almost the same as 50 on 205, not that much different. I am still on 32PSI, will try increasing it to see if the sidewall hardens up. I still don't know if I'll buy again, but if it lasts more than 50,000 KM then it is a bang for bucks for this workhorse of mine.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2022
Given 63% while driving a Toyota Raize (225/50 R18) on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I bought this tyre because a lot of positive review how comfort this tyre rating, i replace my stock tyre dunlop enasave ec300 with tihis UC6. Im really dissapoint how very noisy this tyre compare to dunlop because this tyre almost 3 times more pricey than enasave.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Golf IV 1.9 TDI 110 (195/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 40 spirited miles
I live in Taiwan and drive a Golf with 15 inch rims. I drive up and down twisty, windy, mountain roads for fun. I had a pair of Michelin Energy Savers before, and they lasted only 30,000 kms before they started sliding around corners and needed to be replaced. There are few 15 inch replacements here, so when I saw the Continentals I bought them. These UC6's give awesome grip in the wet and the dry and I'm up to 40,000 kms and still have maybe another 5000 left before they need to be replaced. The noise level on the highway is similar to the Michelins but the performance upgrade is way better on these tires. I will definitely buy them again.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Toyota Corolla Altis (205/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
I have been using these tyres in my corolla from 20,000kms. To be honest, they are the best tyres I have had so far. Dry grip and braking is just superb, and even on rain sometimes it grips so good that it feels like i'm on dry patch instead of a wet one. Soft and comfortable tyres with pretty less noise. Noise has increased a little, but that's pretty common at this mileage. Make sure you protect sidewalls as they're pretty soft. 10/10 for this tyre. Truly its ultra contact.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2021
Given 66% while driving a Mercedes Benz GLC 250 4 Matic (255/45 R20) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I was looking for quiet and comfy tyre for my SUV. This is it. So coming from that point of view. These tyres meet the requirements and nothing more. Definitely not a sporty tyre, installed on not a sporty car.
Helpful 44 - tyre reviewed on March 22, 2021
Given 46% while driving a Honda Civic (215/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I used these tires for only 2 days, there was a bad sway in my car soon after putting in those tires, lousy and heavy too, car became sluggish , there was a visible difference in accelerations, i did not expect continental tires to be this bad, i have used MC 5 , Primacy 4 but this sway was so bad that i changes the tires in just 2 days to primacy 4
Helpful 22 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2021