Continental UltraContact UC6

The Continental UltraContact UC6 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 34 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 403,215 miles driven.

The UltraContact UC6 is ranked 42nd of 135 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental UltraContact UC6

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental UltraContact UC6

Questions and Answers for the Continental UltraContact UC6

2017-08-17 - Hi there. What is the recommended tyre pressure for uc6 205/50 R16. Thank you

The tyre pressure for the Continental UltraContact UC6 is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

2019-03-14 - I am looking for the best performance tyre in a 195 65 15 for a road race austin healey 3000. I was about to buy continental premium contact 5 when I was told that the ultra contact 6 is a far superior tyre. He said that was based on your web site. Yet you have not done any testing. Only comments from people with cars like a toyota corolla. So how can you possible give this tyre such a high score

The Continental UltraContact range is for the American market and not available in the UK, so if you were looking at the Premium Contact 5 which is a European pattern, it's unlikely you will be able to purchase both.

2020-12-16 - what is Road Feedback on tests list

Road feedback is how the tyre handles when driving

2021-09-24 - Hi What is the energy label for Continental ultra contact UC6 2021 205/55 /R16

Sorry, I don't have that data on file, it should be on the Continental website though :)

2022-03-08 - how much is the treadwear/traction and temperature of the ultracontact uc6?

That depends on the size, data can be found on the Continental website.

UltraContact UC6 Prices

Top 3 Continental UltraContact UC6 Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (185/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
The difference between Dunlop Enasave Ec 300 and Continental UC6 is big. I can go 100kph without realizing it with my Mazda 2 sedan. I find that the dry and wet grip of the tyre is very good if compared to my original stock Dunlop tyre. I'm not sure about the wear rate as i've just fitted the tyre for only 2 months. UC 6 might not have the same comfort level with the CC6 but for a tyre meant for handling and griping, i find it surprisingly comfortable. The downside of the tyre is that it costs me a fortune even though it was made in Malaysia , my own country, the price shouldn't be setting that high. Overall i would recommend UC 6 to those who wish to seek for good handling and comfort if one dont wish to use sport tyres .
Helpful 419 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Honda City (205/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Driven for over 30000km , satisfied with the quality . Wet nor dry , it perform well most of the time . Most of my friends said michelin ps4 is the best , but for me personally , this is one of those cheaper tyre that offers same quality and performance as ps4 is .
Helpful 94 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2020
Given 67% while driving a Toyota Estima Aeras G (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 375 spirited miles
I am not familiar with continental tyre and confusing with the model names called "ultra". I read the review that shows good response then I give a a green buy. About the comfort and noise, it is excellent. But for handling and safety at high speed, I will say so so and make me worry as I like to cruise at high speed. I put this one to my Estima that I plan to for more comfort and less noise cruising. I realize that it is not a best choice for UC6 as it is too soft y for the side wall. Mfg tyre pressure is 33psi that has give you the body rolling over when cornering and bouncing when travelling straight line. To improve it, I purposely add in 1-2 psi to increase the stiffness of side wall. Yes, it helps. I was choosing between BS GR100 and Conti MC5. Thus, next time I shall have consult with expert to have a better handling performance tyre but also enjoy the comfort and quiet at versatile choice.
Helpful 71 - tyre reviewed on June 28, 2017
Have you driven on the Continental UltraContact UC6 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental UltraContact UC6? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental UltraContact UC6 >

Latest Continental UltraContact UC6 Reviews

Given 47% while driving a VW Polo 6R 1.6 TDI Bluemotion (/55 R19) on mostly town for 33,000 average miles
Had this cz the OEM-equipped tire for my car model, so UC6 SUV type. It will not last for any more than 2 years as at 21k km, the front tire already had sign-off wear on the outer side even though send it for alignment, balancing, and rotates. The dry is ok but not that great as the well known Michelin PS3, PS4 on my other car. The worst is during heavy rain, it just a class below the Michelin tyre grip. Pro is it really quite vs Michelin. Guess the Traction Rating of A instead of AA as Michelin play parts here. Will make it worn out maybe another 1 year and change to other brand like Michelin or Hankook or other brands.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on May 6, 2022
Given 80% while driving a Mazda 3 SkyactiV (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Dry Grip 8/10 ;Wet Grip 8/10 ;Handling 8/10 ;Wear 7/10 ;Comfort 9/10 ; Noise : Improved Compare to Primacy3st
Helpful 26 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 60% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 6R 1.2 TSI MT (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Changed from CPC2 to UC6. Was on 215/45/16 with the CPC2, unfortunately couldn't get the same size so had to settle for the closest which is 205/50/16. Was extremely happy with the CPC2, ended up clocking 70,000 KM with it, pretty bald when I changed. Overall handling feels ok, I'm using them on my VW Vento 1.2 turbo. As it is still pretty new, dry and wet braking as well as handling all feels good, but the UC6 is definitely softer than my previous CPC2. The sidewall feels way softer, can feel it clearly during corners, somewhat wobbly feel. I initially thought it is due to the increased ratio but 45 on 215 is almost the same as 50 on 205, not that much different. I am still on 32PSI, will try increasing it to see if the sidewall hardens up. I still don't know if I'll buy again, but if it lasts more than 50,000 KM then it is a bang for bucks for this workhorse of mine.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2022
Given 63% while driving a Toyota Raize (225/50 R18) on mostly town for 100 easy going miles
I bought this tyre because a lot of positive review how comfort this tyre rating, i replace my stock tyre dunlop enasave ec300 with tihis UC6. Im really dissapoint how very noisy this tyre compare to dunlop because this tyre almost 3 times more pricey than enasave.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Golf IV 1.9 TDI 110 (195/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 40 spirited miles
I live in Taiwan and drive a Golf with 15 inch rims. I drive up and down twisty, windy, mountain roads for fun. I had a pair of Michelin Energy Savers before, and they lasted only 30,000 kms before they started sliding around corners and needed to be replaced. There are few 15 inch replacements here, so when I saw the Continentals I bought them. These UC6's give awesome grip in the wet and the dry and I'm up to 40,000 kms and still have maybe another 5000 left before they need to be replaced. The noise level on the highway is similar to the Michelins but the performance upgrade is way better on these tires. I will definitely buy them again.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Toyota Corolla Altis (205/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
I have been using these tyres in my corolla from 20,000kms. To be honest, they are the best tyres I have had so far. Dry grip and braking is just superb, and even on rain sometimes it grips so good that it feels like i'm on dry patch instead of a wet one. Soft and comfortable tyres with pretty less noise. Noise has increased a little, but that's pretty common at this mileage. Make sure you protect sidewalls as they're pretty soft. 10/10 for this tyre. Truly its ultra contact.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2021
Given 66% while driving a Mercedes Benz GLC 250 4 Matic (255/45 R20) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I was looking for quiet and comfy tyre for my SUV. This is it. So coming from that point of view. These tyres meet the requirements and nothing more. Definitely not a sporty tyre, installed on not a sporty car.
Helpful 42 - tyre reviewed on March 22, 2021
Given 46% while driving a Honda Civic (215/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I used these tires for only 2 days, there was a bad sway in my car soon after putting in those tires, lousy and heavy too, car became sluggish , there was a visible difference in accelerations, i did not expect continental tires to be this bad, i have used MC 5 , Primacy 4 but this sway was so bad that i changes the tires in just 2 days to primacy 4
Helpful 18 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2021
Given 74% while driving a Nissan Elgrand e52 (235/55 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Fitted to replace the previous Michelin Latitude Your HP. Great improvement in dry traction, the Michelin would slip very easily when setting off. Wet traction is also better, and under hard braking abs never came on. There was plenty of dry grip, a welcome improvement over the previous set, much the same for wet grip which was very reassuring. Steering feel is more direct and intuitive providing a higher level of feedback from the road, but ride comfort overall was still on the softer side, not much changed here, except for how these tyres make no squeals or scrubbing sounds when driven on painted parking lot surfaces like the Michelins did. The tyre is also very predictable and stable at higher speeds. Overall tread noise stayed roughly the same level but with a slightly hollow tone compared to the gritty rumble from the Michelin, generated mostly from the contact to our rough roads, on smoother freshly paved sections there isn't any noticeable difference. These didn't last as long as the Michelins (25k miles vs 30k miles), but they were being driven much harder in comparison thanks to the improvement in handling and grip. I was forced to keep them on the car right down to the tread wear indicators, due to a tyre shortage in our area caused by the pandemic. The tires did suffer from higher wear on the outer shoulder blocks, more severe on the tyres mounted at the front (I tried to keep the tyres inflated at 39-37 psi). However, I was very disappointed when one of the tyres started causing steering vibrations. The problem slowly developed and got worse over time, and I ended up visiting the tyre shop several times to rebalance the wheel. Finally found out that the tyre was not wearing round; a section nearly two hand widths on the tyre had worn down noticeably closer to the bottom of the tread grooves than the rest of the tyre, which was clearly visible when the wheel was off the car at the time we identified it (the vibration leading up to that day was particularly severe). I doubt it was caused by a lockup. As mentioned earlier this tyre handles hard braking just fine, especially with the rather undersized brakes on this car and on top of this there was a decent reduction in vibration which lasted temporarily with each balancing. So with the tyre shortage we had to mount the tyre back on the car after balancing, this time on the rear. There was no bulge in the actual carcass of the tyre, even when inspected from the inside, and by the time I finally replaced this set of tyres it had worn back to being round again. As far as I know, I am the only person who has had this problem with this tyre in my area and I cannot find anything about this issue online. The tyre mechanics said they hadn't seen anything like it, which was why they didn't suspect this as the culprit of the vibration for so long. I was previously considering the Continental MC6's for our Volvo S60 but decided against it since they are manufactured in the same location. On another note, I ended up replacing them with a set of the new Bridgestone RE004's (had no idea they existed until I visited my local Bridgestone distributor) and would like to leave a review of those as well, but they are not on the site yet and I've yet to receive an email response for the past 3 months now after using both 'suggest a tyre' and 'contact tyre reviews' (also had an inquiry about the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 tyres which ended up on the aforementioned Volvo S60, as their tread pattern does not resemble any of the images found online).
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2021
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2021
Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 miles
This tyre is very well-balanced in terms of dry/wet performance and also overall comfort. I have used both Michelin PS4 and Primacy 4 tires in my car, so i could confidently say the UC6 outperforms the Primacy 4 in almost all aspects except for tyre wear which i couldn't comment for now as it still has about 5mm thread depth left after 30k KM. (Primacy 4 lasted for 42k KM). In term of tire performance, for comparison purposes I set PS4 as the benchmark (100%), i would rate UC6 in relative to PS4 as following:- Dry - 85/100 Wet - 80/100 Handling - 80/100 However, this tyre has a relatively softer side wall so it's definitely more comfortable and the noise level is lower compared to PS4. Taking into consideration of UC6 is not a high performance tyre, so generally im happy with this UC6 and it's much cheaper than the Michelins, definitely recommended!
Helpful 40 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Volvo S40 2.4i 2007 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
This tyre were fitted to replace an aging eco tyres that were fitted to the car at purchase. Right away after fitment from the tyre shop, the comfort and feedback were felt immediately despite being filled with lower pressure than I use usually (220 kPa vs 250 kPa as recommended for highway driving by manufacturer). Dry grip is more than satisfying but its wet grip that impresses more, standing water and torrential rain is easily navigated at decent speed. Wet braking is even more so impressive as there's no drama to the braking. While the tyres were relatively softer, the noise level is quite audible but not disruptive or distracting and is more than adequate given its wet grip. The one department that could do better is wear levels as it is a little more than halfway worn after 2 years and under 30k miles covered. Still, its an impressive in my view for its price.
Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2020