Davanti DX640

The Davanti DX640 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 69 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 612,164 miles driven.

The DX640 is ranked 71st of 187 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Davanti DX640
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX640

Questions and Answers for the Davanti DX640

2019-05-16 - I am considering changing my tyres to a set of Davanti DX 640 the designated size for the rear set for my BMW 7series is 275/35/20 can I fit 275/40/20??

Sorry I'm unable to comment on specific fitment changes. Check out an owners club or speak directly to BMW.

Top 3 Davanti DX640 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
had 4 put on my vw golf and i have to say im well impressed stick like glue even in the wet top marks mileage yet to be confirmed how ever looking so far so good.
357 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2016
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
First of all let's put this to bed about Davanti tyres, I work in the tyre trade and sell a lot of different brands, the tyre from my own experience and having used two sets so far has been nothing but a great experience, they do everything I want them to do and wet braking is fantastic, handling also amazing, if it's good enough to be used on track cars at autodromo its good enough for me, everyone i know who drives performance cars uses the brand and have nothing but good things to say, let's be honest, I see a lot of reviews by people using terms that people in the tyre trade use to slag off other brands, specially the new boys in town ie being davanti tyres, hope I am wrong and the reviews are all honest
78 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2018
Audi TT (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 2,000 easy going miles
These tyres wore down to the metal banding after 2000 miles, yes 2k and its just my Mrs pottering around the shops. Impressive at first then highly dangerous. Avoid at all costs.
55 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2017
Have you driven on the Davanti DX640 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Davanti DX640? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Davanti DX640 >

Latest Davanti DX640 Reviews

Land Rover Range Rover Sport (275/40 R20) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
The Tyre feels good and grips good all round, but almost impossible to balance. Already had the balancing done at 3 diffrent shops, but still feeling shake in steering from above 115 km/h. It is almost still new but will be replacing them soon.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2021
Given 94% while driving a Mercedes Benz W221 S350 Long (275/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
I reviewed these tires when I first had them at 1000 miles and now the car has done 17000 miles on these tires I can only state they are good very good after 17000 miles the tires still have 5+ mill in them they started off at 7.2mm tread depth and now the 4 tires are 5.52mm 5.61mm 5.36mm 5.48mm that's under 2mm used in 17000 miles The Davanti DX640s are good value and long lasting to say the least. My setup is 245 45 19 front and 275 45 19 rear the usual staggered set for a S Class weighing in at 2,270KG kerb weight empty mine is heavier as it has the fridge and all other extras.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2021
Want the best performance tyre? Click here!
Given 39% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
Had 4 fitted to Leon 1.4 TFSI FR. Initially OK for Grip and handling but when they got down to 6mm the grip dropped of a cliff. Replaced all 4 tyres with 5mm still on them. Changed for Falken FK510's which are 10 x better for similar price
0 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2021
Given 100% while driving a Vauxhall 2.0 CDi (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 26,000 easy going miles
Ok, my car is a Vauxhall Astra 2 litre turbo diesel automatic estate. A workhorse that I happen to really really like. Anyhow, I fitted a pair of Davanti DX640’s on the back when the original Continentals needed changing. They were nearly half the price of the Continentals. I did lots of online research to seek out reviews first. And took the plunge. So, I now have 26,000 miles on them, they are still going strong with plenty of tread left yet. I cannot fault them, at all. Grip is great, they are quiet, handles fine and I have not had any issue with them. So today, I have just put a new pair of DX640’s on the front! Look, I know my car is not a performance car or whatever but if you want decent tyres for a fair price get them.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2021
Given 56% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi 170hp (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
Overall a good tyre when in use. Only fault is the tyre wear. After 25k the tyres are down to the minimum tread. That's 14 months for me. I've had tyres that will do double this.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2021
Given 30% while driving a Nissan Qashqai 2018 (225/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
After 14 months the tread came off (literally) in 3 out of 4 tyres. The mechanic said he had never seen anything like it. Had the dashboard warning not come on and we took notice of it the effects could have been lethal. It may just have been a bad batch but I know which make of tyre I will NOT be buying in future, I will stick to well known brands. All 3 failing tyres were 2 front and one rear) had the tread lifting on the inside of the tyre so that without taking the tyre off or looking underneath there would be no way to tell.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Audi RS3 8V (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Davanti tyres are the best on the market for price, long life and value for money. After sales is very good as well. My wife and I have had three sets between us they last just as long as any other make of tyre, at half the cost. Brilliant great value tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2021
Given 84% while driving a Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (205/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Have had 2 set of these tyres on my Peugeot 208 gti with 208bhp standard I struggled to find a decent tyre for good grip, handling and value until I was recommended them, I find them incredible for the price cannot fault them apart from premature wear but u have to sacrifice the wear for the grip and handling (obviously) they are far superior tyre compared to the pilot sport 3 that come factory fitted wich fell rather roapy and unsteady once half woren at 136 quid a tyre compared to 74 quid a tyre it's devanti all day long for me 👍
2 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2020
Given 85% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra 290 (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
I only purchased these as my car needed a full set of tyres with less than two months remaining on the lease. Having always gone for one of the big name premium brands I was expecting a significant drop in performance compared to the Continental Sport Contact 5 AO’s that they were replacing, but couldn’t justify the extra £300(almost) to cover less than 1k miles.
 My expectations couldn’t have been more wrong - really can’t fault them. I know that the direct comparison I’m doing is between new Davanti’s and worn Conti’s, but findings are as follows; Both dry and wet grip is certainly as good and possibly even better (would need a new set of Conti’s to be certain - It’s close). Substantially less road noise from the Davanti’s which is really noticeable on the motorway. The thing I like the most is that the Davanti’s are more compliant over bumps, so manage to feel more “settled” on an uneven road surface (particularly when you’re pushing it), which is really confidence inspiring. I can’t comment on longevity as I won’t have the car long enough, but I will certainly be purchasing Davanti again in the future.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz A35 AMG 4MATIC (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
Changed all the tyres on my A-Class AMG and found them to be a great choice. Whilst I understand the previous tyres had some wear and tear, having a new set of Davanti tyres certainly gave extra confidence to driving especially in the wet and cornering. Thoroughly pleased with the decison.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Citroën DS4 (215/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Good wet and dry grip, acceptable road noise, no comfort issues. However, wear is horrendous for a summer compound, being more than half in under 5k miles - admittedly on the front of a pocket rocket! The winter Michelin's lasted longer, so would only consider for low mileage vehicle where it's not worth putting on a tyre which could perish before it wore out.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz 220 cdi advantgarde (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,106 average miles
Without doubt found the tyres excellent in all weathers but did not find much snow about last winter ! Wear rate has been exceptional with 5.8 left on front and 4.5 on the rears and still the quietest tyres I have had so far. Now completed just over 20000 miles so should manage 30k. As stated at 5k with a cost of £357 I shall look at them again
7 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2020