Davanti DX640

The Davanti DX640 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 63 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 530,664 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Davanti DX640
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX640

Questions and Answers for the Davanti DX640

2019-05-16 - I am considering changing my tyres to a set of Davanti DX 640 the designated size for the rear set for my BMW 7series is 275/35/20 can I fit 275/40/20??

Sorry I'm unable to comment on specific fitment changes. Check out an owners club or speak directly to BMW.

Top 3 Davanti DX640 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
had 4 put on my vw golf and i have to say im well impressed stick like glue even in the wet top marks mileage yet to be confirmed how ever looking so far so good.
351 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2016
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
First of all let's put this to bed about Davanti tyres, I work in the tyre trade and sell a lot of different brands, the tyre from my own experience and having used two sets so far has been nothing but a great experience, they do everything I want them to do and wet braking is fantastic, handling also amazing, if it's good enough to be used on track cars at autodromo its good enough for me, everyone i know who drives performance cars uses the brand and have nothing but good things to say, let's be honest, I see a lot of reviews by people using terms that people in the tyre trade use to slag off other brands, specially the new boys in town ie being davanti tyres, hope I am wrong and the reviews are all honest
71 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2018
Audi TT (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 2,000 easy going miles
These tyres wore down to the metal banding after 2000 miles, yes 2k and its just my Mrs pottering around the shops. Impressive at first then highly dangerous. Avoid at all costs.
45 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2017
Have you driven on the Davanti DX640 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Davanti DX640? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Davanti DX640 >

Latest Davanti DX640 Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Audi RS3 8V (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Davanti tyres are the best on the market for price, long life and value for money. After sales is very good as well. My wife and I have had three sets between us they last just as long as any other make of tyre, at half the cost. Brilliant great value tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 19, 2021
Given 84% while driving a Peugeot 208 1.6 vti (205/45 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Have had 2 set of these tyres on my Peugeot 208 gti with 208bhp standard I struggled to find a decent tyre for good grip, handling and value until I was recommended them, I find them incredible for the price cannot fault them apart from premature wear but u have to sacrifice the wear for the grip and handling (obviously) they are far superior tyre compared to the pilot sport 3 that come factory fitted wich fell rather roapy and unsteady once half woren at 136 quid a tyre compared to 74 quid a tyre it's devanti all day long for me 👍
1 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2020
Given 85% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra 290 (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
I only purchased these as my car needed a full set of tyres with less than two months remaining on the lease. Having always gone for one of the big name premium brands I was expecting a significant drop in performance compared to the Continental Sport Contact 5 AO’s that they were replacing, but couldn’t justify the extra £300(almost) to cover less than 1k miles.
 My expectations couldn’t have been more wrong - really can’t fault them. I know that the direct comparison I’m doing is between new Davanti’s and worn Conti’s, but findings are as follows; Both dry and wet grip is certainly as good and possibly even better (would need a new set of Conti’s to be certain - It’s close). Substantially less road noise from the Davanti’s which is really noticeable on the motorway. The thing I like the most is that the Davanti’s are more compliant over bumps, so manage to feel more “settled” on an uneven road surface (particularly when you’re pushing it), which is really confidence inspiring. I can’t comment on longevity as I won’t have the car long enough, but I will certainly be purchasing Davanti again in the future.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2020
Given 89% while driving a Mercedes Benz A35 AMG 4MATIC (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12 spirited miles
Changed all the tyres on my A-Class AMG and found them to be a great choice. Whilst I understand the previous tyres had some wear and tear, having a new set of Davanti tyres certainly gave extra confidence to driving especially in the wet and cornering. Thoroughly pleased with the decison.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2020
Given 71% while driving a Citroën DS4 (215/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Good wet and dry grip, acceptable road noise, no comfort issues. However, wear is horrendous for a summer compound, being more than half in under 5k miles - admittedly on the front of a pocket rocket! The winter Michelin's lasted longer, so would only consider for low mileage vehicle where it's not worth putting on a tyre which could perish before it wore out.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Mercedes Benz 220 cdi advantgarde (245/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,106 average miles
Without doubt found the tyres excellent in all weathers but did not find much snow about last winter ! Wear rate has been exceptional with 5.8 left on front and 4.5 on the rears and still the quietest tyres I have had so far. Now completed just over 20000 miles so should manage 30k. As stated at 5k with a cost of £357 I shall look at them again
6 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2020
Given 73% while driving a Vauxhall 140 Ecofkex (245/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
I travel 15k per year commuting. Advised by tyre fitter Davanti were as good as some premium brands. Bought 1 for front. Performed well in wet and dry. Ok in icy conditions but could lose grip turning sharply. Overall, performed ok but biggest drawback is they wear down twice as fast as Continentals. Good if not much mileage. If you drive a lot of miles, buy cheap, buy twice.
8 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2020
Given 100% while driving a BMW X5 e70 (275/40 R20 W) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
I use 3 months in Nur-Sultan. I liked the rubber. Quiet, soft, comfortable in motion. During emergency braking on the pavement does not slip. The quality of workmanship is on the level; during installation, a lot of weights were not required for balancing. I didn’t fly into the puddles at high speed, but at a small (60 km / h) there is no aquaplaning. In my opinion, this rubber is definitely better than the factory. I can not say anything about the winter - I did not go. Would buy more? Definitely yes. especially at that price.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen CC (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 200 miles
2013 Volkswagon cc 170 TDI DSG GT. Placed In order of when i first purchased the car they had fitted: 1st continental's 2nd Nexen's 3rd davanti DX640's (newly fitted to the vehicle presently) Well what can i say, the davanti DC640 summer tyres that i have put on the my car yesterday (13/3/2020) caught me off guard as to the fact that they are fantastic, low db sound rating of 68db compared to 72db of other types of tyres They give excellent feed back, confident grip, quite, good value for money, good in the wet all things considered that they are a summer tyre, and im seeing much better fuel economy. I was abit wary about the name of this brand of tyre as it seemed to be of a lower quality on first impressions of looking at them and compared to the likes of continental's or Michelin the car has simply eaten past tyres with ease! However i was very impressed and i highly recommend them as far as to say i will get another set of these when the time comes. This tyre product will be a good seller and they are a game changer !
12 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 5 door (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 25,000 average miles
These really impressed me. The 1st thing i noticed about them is how quiet they are. Very good grip too. They are quite inexpensive too.
15 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2020