Davanti DX640

The Davanti DX640 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 79 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 722,199 miles driven.

The DX640 is ranked 75th of 193 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Davanti DX640

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Davanti DX640

Questions and Answers for the Davanti DX640

2019-05-16 - I am considering changing my tyres to a set of Davanti DX 640 the designated size for the rear set for my BMW 7series is 275/35/20 can I fit 275/40/20??

Sorry I'm unable to comment on specific fitment changes. Check out an owners club or speak directly to BMW.

Top 3 Davanti DX640 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
had 4 put on my vw golf and i have to say im well impressed stick like glue even in the wet top marks mileage yet to be confirmed how ever looking so far so good.
Helpful 399 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2016
Audi TT (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 2,000 easy going miles
These tyres wore down to the metal banding after 2000 miles, yes 2k and its just my Mrs pottering around the shops. Impressive at first then highly dangerous. Avoid at all costs.
Helpful 106 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
First of all let's put this to bed about Davanti tyres, I work in the tyre trade and sell a lot of different brands, the tyre from my own experience and having used two sets so far has been nothing but a great experience, they do everything I want them to do and wet braking is fantastic, handling also amazing, if it's good enough to be used on track cars at autodromo its good enough for me, everyone i know who drives performance cars uses the brand and have nothing but good things to say, let's be honest, I see a lot of reviews by people using terms that people in the tyre trade use to slag off other brands, specially the new boys in town ie being davanti tyres, hope I am wrong and the reviews are all honest
Helpful 103 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2018
Have you driven on the Davanti DX640 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Davanti DX640? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Davanti DX640 >

Latest Davanti DX640 Reviews

Given 57% while driving a Vauxhall Grandland X Ultimate (205/55 R19) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
Bought a one year old Grandland X that had just had a pair fitted to the front. I was wary but intially suprised that they seemed to be fine in sun and acceptable in the wet . After 17000 miles they were down to 4mm dry grip remained okay but wet grip completely disappeared to where i couldnt pull out at a junction without them slipping so had to get them changed. Probably the better end of budget and ive had worse tyres in the last but they arent for me and I woudlnt buy them myself.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2022
Given 34% while driving a BMW 120d e82 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 35 average miles
Awful. Just awful.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2022
All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
Given 96% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
In the market where I bought 4 rims, I also saw these tires and bought them as well. I'm really pleasantly surprised with Davanti, now it's the 3rd year I've driven on these tires and I'll buy the same ones again. My car is a BMW 120D F20 Stage2+ with 272hp and my driving is very sporty both on a straight road with a top speed of 261kmh and on a winding road. My ratings for these tires are: Braking and maneuvering on dry roads 10/10 Braking and maneuvering on wet roads 9/10 The noise is very low 10/10 They stay pretty much 10/10
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2022
Given 49% while driving a Peugeot 308 SW 1.2 PureTech (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had for about 7 months. Still a fair bit of life left on them but I HAVE to replace them! They are dreadful in the wet. Slide and wheel spin when the roads are only slightly damp! Skidded on wet road and hit curb damaging my alloy. Really had enough of them now. Reaching with Bridgestone/Michelin. Sorry, I wouldn't buy again.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2022
Given 100% while driving a Audi TT 2.0 Quattro (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
Savage! I love my davanti tyres Audi TT Quattro "skrrrrt
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on September 3, 2022
Given 54% while driving a Honda CRV (235/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 18,000 easy going miles
So I purchased my Honda CRV a year ago with a 6 month old pair of these on the front, straight away I noticed that they were not the size of the original tyres (225/65/17) but was assured that they were ok and the car passed its MOT without a single advisory. However being not of correct size I found that putting in the stated PSI made them appear flat and they handled terribly especially, surprisingly at slow speed as the sidewalks were very soft, the wet grip was ok as for 'tyre noise' I live in rural Lincolnshire where the roads are awful there is 1 particular stretch of road I have driven down in 5 different cars with different tyre makes and they have all howled so it's irrelevant unless your driving on super smooth perfect road surfaces! I have finally had enough of them as the shoulders are chewed up even though my tracking is within limits and they have covered 18000 steady miles. I suppose the correct size may have faired better but they are NOT a tyre I would recommend or ever buy again.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2022
Given 83% while driving a Lexus GS300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 28,000 spirited miles
Tires were really good, lasting long, feels like high performance. When I bought my second hand car when 21 months before, this tyres were on the front wheels, but was not brand new, drives mostly through curvy roads as well as motorways, still going strong. Overall, I have to say, these tyres feels good in every ways. Satisfied.
Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2021
Given 79% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Had 4 fitted free to a Skoda Octavia 2015 1.6 tdi diesel I purchased from a Mercedes Dealer and must say very impressed. Smooth Comfortable, Great Feedback, Great in all weathers, quiet also and I normally fit Pirelli p7 Cinturato which I also love, these tyres seem rather impressive for a tyre i've never heard of and I am out of the trade working for main dealers. tyre size is 225 40 r18
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2021
Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen polo 2018 1.0 tsi 115 hp (215/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Very good drive. Very silent tyre with little to no noise. Handles pretty well in all circumstances, especially on dry surfaces. The tyre also performs well in wet conditions, did not get any aquaplaning since I have it
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2021
Given 43% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Sport (225/45 R17) on for 2,000 miles
The tires feel comfortable, but that is where it ends. If you drive like and old lady and don't mind 'Made in China' stamped on your tires, then go ahead and buy them, but beware, you might get a puncture in these soft Tyre within the first st month of driving, that is what happened to me. I already replaced them with premuim tyres soon after, my life is more important than cheap tires.
Helpful 20 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2021
Land Rover Range Rover Sport (275/40 R20) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
The Tyre feels good and grips good all round, but almost impossible to balance. Already had the balancing done at 3 diffrent shops, but still feeling shake in steering from above 115 km/h. It is almost still new but will be replacing them soon.
Helpful 14 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2021
Given 94% while driving a Mercedes Benz W221 S350 Long (275/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
I reviewed these tires when I first had them at 1000 miles and now the car has done 17000 miles on these tires I can only state they are good very good after 17000 miles the tires still have 5+ mill in them they started off at 7.2mm tread depth and now the 4 tires are 5.52mm 5.61mm 5.36mm 5.48mm that's under 2mm used in 17000 miles The Davanti DX640s are good value and long lasting to say the least. My setup is 245 45 19 front and 275 45 19 rear the usual staggered set for a S Class weighing in at 2,270KG kerb weight empty mine is heavier as it has the fridge and all other extras.
Helpful 11 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2021