Dunlop Grandtrek A/T20

The Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 56% over 480,320 miles driven.

The Grandtrek A/T20 is ranked 37th of 40 All Season All Terrain and Off Road tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
0/0 R0 0         16.20kgs
265/65 R17 112S   C E 72 16.20kgs
265/65 R17 112S XL   C E 72 16.00kgs
265/65 R17 112S XL   C E 72 17.29kgs
245/70 R17 110S XL   C E 71 17.28kgs
265/60 R18 110H   C E 73 17.50kgs

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20

2016-08-22 - Why was a Dunlop Grandtrek AT 20, 225-60R-18 tire installed on a new 2016 Honda CRV Touring 2 wheel drive? This tire is listed as a off road all terrain tire. For a touring auto, this is a very rough riding tire. Thanks

We're afraid that is a question for Honda, as they will have specified the Grandtrek AT20 from OE!

Grandtrek AT20 Prices

Top 3 Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 Reviews

Given 53% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
These tyres came as original equipment on my Shogun SWB. In most respects the tyres are unremarkable. However, they stand out from the crowd in two ways. Firstly they don't appear to be wearing out. Even after 35k miles they have not worn significantly. Secondly they are absolutely lethal on a slippery road or field. Having done 35k miles a year since 1986 without a problem, I now find that I have near misses on a weekly basis. In a wet field my wife's crossover will literally drive rings round me while I struggle to even move along on the flat.
There is probably a reason why they don't wear out, perhaps they are just too hard.
Do I sound cross? Good because I am.
55 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2016
Given 89% while driving a Toyota fortuner (265/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 29,000 average miles
I've run the tires on my Toyota Fortuner for about 46000 kms, and I'm really impressed with the way the tires have held up. The tires had served us well during the scorching summers and the torrential monsoons. The tire has still a bit of thread to it, and it surely looks to be able to run another 2-3k kms.
I'd definitely recommend these tires!
18 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2016
Given 46% while driving a Toyota Land cruiser prado (265/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
Came fitted on my Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. The worst and most dangerous tires I have ever driven. Slippery on dry and deadly on wet. If you corner on a wet road with this tires you have to be so careful as even in slow speed the car will slide and you have to perform corrections to avoid dangerous situations. Also the breaking is too long, in dry and wet. I'm happy I got rid of them finally. Would never recommend to anyone buying this tires.
17 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2017
Have you driven on the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 >

Latest Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 Reviews

Given 63% while driving a Toyota Hilux 4x4 2020 lg 50 (265/65 R18) on mostly motorways for 70,000 average miles
Bad on Wet grip. Slides over Mud terrain
2 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2021
Given 27% while driving a Mitsubishi Outlander (265/60 R18) on for 0 miles
Really bad and slippery on wet surface
2 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Toyota (265/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 60,000 average miles
I GOT LIFE OF 95000KM, AND 5.5.YEAR AND STILL NO PROBLEM ON INDIAN ROADS
10 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2018
Toyota Land cruiser prado (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Car became very 'twitchy' at highway speed in wet conditions. OK in other conditions. i need something better and will spend the money even though these have tens of thousands of klms left on them.
11 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2017
Given 44% while driving a Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2Ltr Diesel LWB (265/60 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Came as standard on my shogun - great car, terrible tyre. Wet road or anything off-road and these were useless. Snow or sludge made a 4x4 feel like a formular one car on slicks in a thunderstorm! Did 10000 miles before getting rid and changing to Yokohama geolander ATS, completely different driving experience, a tyre can make a car and the dunlops are not that tyre!
0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2015
Given 91% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17 S) on a combination of roads for 150 average miles
Dunlop AT20 : These tyres were fitted as OE to the LC when the car was new & lasted 75,000 miles of mixed driving & towing. So replaced with another set which again lasted 75,000 miles. This alone would recomend these tyres, they are also quiet, comfortable & excellent all year round grip whether summer, wet, durt track or 1ft of snow. Now on my third set, what more can I say!.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2014
Given 17% while driving a Toyota Land cruiser prado (265/70 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
My previous LC Prado (same model) was equipped with Bridgestone Dueler Sport, which allows me to make the comparison with the Dunlop Grandtrek AT20.

On dry roads, with Dunlop Grandtrek, braking distances are increased and handling worse (slide of 4 tires when cornering).

But on wet roads, it's a disaster. When cornering - even at a slow pace - the car slides and you have to drastically slow down to keep it on track. And when braking, it's even worse. The car skids, slides and only slows down a bit - but it’s like the car doesn’t want to stop or to keep on track. This tire is really bad, dangerous especially in the wet.

And, having raced on ATV for many years, I‘m supposed to know how to keep my car on the road!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2013
Given 100% while driving a Toyota Land cruiser prado (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 82,000 average miles
Fantastic tyres in all conditions and unbeliveable wear rate!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2013
Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17 S) on a combination of roads for 130 spirited miles
I have never strayed from these tyres since 1998 as standard on a new Land Cruiser Colorado, followed in 2005 on a new LC5. However I agree with many comments about the balding on the shoulders & this appears from 35k in my experience. I can admit to under-inflation on some occaisions but I also run several other 4x4 vehicles with other tyre makes & it seems to be unique to Dunlop AT20`s. Eg currently I have 5-6mm of tread but on only 60% of the tyre surface! Two sets averaging circa 60k miles on all fours sets, however I have rotated (as per the manufactorers handbook) them over this period & the more regularly you carry out this excercise the longer they last. They are very stable & I can on occaisions drive very quickly without any drama whatsoever in wet & dry. Never been remotely stuck in snow but they are not proficient in the mud!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2012
Given 47% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 60,000 spirited miles
Original fit on my 2008 Toyota Landcruiser 3.0 D4D VXL Auto 5 door. These tyres were absolutely dead after 30,000 Kms. Main Toyota dealer told me to run the tyres at 2.2 bar, not 2.0 bar, as the original tyre pressures are to make the vehicle ride like a Lexus. Have now been running on Kuhmo Road Venture KL51's for the last 60,000 Kms at 2.2 bar, and they have been excellent in all respects, and make a show of the OE (and ridiculously overpriced)Dunlops!
0 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2012
Given 80% while driving a Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2Ltr Diesel LWB (265/70 R16) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
I replaced the front 2 before driving from Dublin,Ireland to Arzachena, Sardinia, Italy, Through England, France, Corsica then into northern sardinia, all motorways and secondary roads June 2010. could not fault the tyre, so far. I have done some off-roading too, soil and stone, and all ok there too. still too early to give a full judgement on the tyre. best advice is to research tyre well, and decide what you want , summer, winter or all season.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2011
Given 64% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17 S) on a combination of roads for 34,000 average miles
I don't have much to compare this to, other than 2x previous Jeep Grand Cherokee's and a Discovery + Pajero (15 years ago).

These tyres are OK - The front's are down to 4mm and the rears 5mm. However, I am very disappointed to be feeling nervous about the front tyres, despite them still being fully legal. They are bald on the shoulders - and they LOOK bald to passers-by. I am waiting for a do-gooder to report me. Some might say that after 34,000 miles this is acceptable. I don't feel this way - maybe I was spoilt by the Goodyear Wrangler SP's on my JGC's which did 50,000 miles without complaint, despite the fact that I gave them a beating. The Landcruiser doesn't lend itself to aggressive, wild cornering (strangely the JGC seemed to be 'gasping for it'). So I feel strangely let down by these tyres.

Also, they are now 5 years old and during the last visit to the tyre garage (wheel alignment) they were all tutting and grimacing over the cracks appearing in the sidewalls. Mind you, this car did spend the first 2 years of it's life being cooked in Spain.

It all adds up to a feeling of disappointment.

Although I will probably buy again, it is only because of inertia and fear of insurance companies terrible behavior in trying anything on to wriggle out of paying-up in a nasty situation.

By the way, these AT20's were OEM and supplied with the car.

I would love some proper winter tyres on this car, but I cannot justify it when I am already leaving everything behind in snow (4WD + proper diff. lock + grunt + OK all-weather M+S (no mountain/snowflake)) and have got to an age where I now drive sedately.

I have been skiing many times in the Landcruiser on the AT20's and in the JGC'c on the Goodyear Wrangler SP's - I cannot remember ever having a problem with either of them. I haven't/didn't have chains for either. Although I do remember driving a Mercedes 300D up from Zurich through the Fluela Pass, past Klosters and Davos on our way to the Engadin Valley and N Italy - all I had on were summer tyres and chains on the rear. I honestly thought I was going to die of fear - what a bf I was. I had the Swiss and Germans buzzing by me without a care, on their winter tyres and I was drenched in sweat from fear as the car slid everywhere but where I wanted it to go.

That's all.