Goodyear UltraGrip 9+

The Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear UltraGrip 9.

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 15,000 miles driven.

The UltraGrip 9+ is ranked 11th of 43 Winter Premium Touring tyres.

2021 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 6th of 49 tyres

2021 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Convincing driving in the snow and on wet roads with stable handling, good comfort, good price to performance ratio.
  • Negative - Understeer in the dry.

2021 AMS Winter Tyre Test - 6th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good cornering grip and handling in snow. Good wet cornering.
  • Negative - Average braking in all conditions, relatively loud external noise.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

UltraGrip 9 Plus Prices

Top 3 Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Kia Motors Soul 1.6 CDI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
They have been on the car this winter, around 8000km. It's a warm winter, so they have been on the snow only two short times. Everything went well, but I can't tell much really. In dry and wet, temps mostly between 5-15c, they behave perfectly. I can barely tell that they are winter tires. And there are no wear problems. A bit cheaper than Conti TS860, but they feel equally safe, GY might even be a bit more comfortable.
20 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2020
Given 88% while driving a Audi A2 (175/60 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
I took a chance given the lack of reviews or tests at the time and have had these on my Audi A2 since November: Too early to rate the wear yet as I’ve only done 1000 miles or so, but these are great at dealing with all conditions you’re likely to find in rural southern England. Dry and wet braking are very good and they are quiet except on concrete road surfaces, but then what type is? We had a lot of ice on the roads here recently and I live in a hilly area - these dealt with it fine as long as you drove sensibly. I’ve not had a chance to try them in snow but the reviews suggested they will be good. Based on my impressions so far, I would buy them again. I’ll update once I’ve used them for a couple of full winters (so spring next year).
1 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2021
Given 94% while driving a SEAT Arona (205/60 R16) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
Bought a set of these and 16 inch wheels for my Seat Arona, very comfortable and amazing grip, especially in muddy field run off, cold rain, sleet, snow, and frosty roads. Only had 2 days of snow and I could happily drive up and down hills past many cars which were stranded (including 4x4 on summer tyres). Could drive along winding snow covered B roads at 40-50mph which shows how well they grip. The wet grip when temperatures 0-10c is amazing, feels as sure footed as driving in the dry. So even living in south of England, I am converted to seasonal swapping to winter tyres having discovered you just feel safe.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2021
Have you driven on the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus >