Goodyear UltraGrip 9+

The Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear UltraGrip 9.

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 19,000 miles driven.

The UltraGrip 9+ is ranked 23rd of 55 Winter Premium Touring tyres.

2022 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 1st of 15 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced, good on all surfaces, particularly good on wet roads (top mark), low fuel consumption.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - The GOODYEAR UltraGrip 9+ convinces in all tests and even earns the top mark in the wet. Overall, it secures the rating "particularly recommended".

2021 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 6th of 49 tyres

2021 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Convincing driving in the snow and on wet roads with stable handling, good comfort, good price to performance ratio.
  • Negative - Understeer in the dry.

2022 Tyre Tests

• 1st: 2022 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 (185/65 R15)
  • 2021 Tyre Tests

• 1st: 2021 ADAC 15 Inch Winter Tyre Test (195/65 R15)
  • 6th: 2021 Winter Tyre Market Overview (205/55 R16)
  • 6th: 2021 AMS Winter Tyre Test (195/55 R16)
  • 7th: 2021 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 2020 Tyre Tests

• 2nd: The Best Winter Tyres for 2020 (205/55 R16)
  • 3rd: 2020 Auto Zeitung Winter Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • 8th: 2020 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 (205/55 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Kia Motors Soul 1.6 CDI (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    They have been on the car this winter, around 8000km. It's a warm winter, so they have been on the snow only two short times. Everything went well, but I can't tell much really. In dry and wet, temps mostly between 5-15c, they behave perfectly. I can barely tell that they are winter tires. And there are no wear problems. A bit cheaper than Conti TS860, but they feel equally safe, GY might even be a bit more comfortable.
    Helpful 26 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2020
    Given 94% while driving a SEAT Arona (205/60 R16) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
    Bought a set of these and 16 inch wheels for my Seat Arona, very comfortable and amazing grip, especially in muddy field run off, cold rain, sleet, snow, and frosty roads. Only had 2 days of snow and I could happily drive up and down hills past many cars which were stranded (including 4x4 on summer tyres). Could drive along winding snow covered B roads at 40-50mph which shows how well they grip. The wet grip when temperatures 0-10c is amazing, feels as sure footed as driving in the dry. So even living in south of England, I am converted to seasonal swapping to winter tyres having discovered you just feel safe.
    Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2021
    Given 88% while driving a Audi A2 (175/60 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
    I took a chance given the lack of reviews or tests at the time and have had these on my Audi A2 since November: Too early to rate the wear yet as I’ve only done 1000 miles or so, but these are great at dealing with all conditions you’re likely to find in rural southern England. Dry and wet braking are very good and they are quiet except on concrete road surfaces, but then what type is? We had a lot of ice on the roads here recently and I live in a hilly area - these dealt with it fine as long as you drove sensibly. I’ve not had a chance to try them in snow but the reviews suggested they will be good. Based on my impressions so far, I would buy them again. I’ll update once I’ve used them for a couple of full winters (so spring next year).
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2021
    Have you driven on the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus >

Latest Goodyear UltraGrip 9 Plus Reviews

Given 74% while driving a Peugeot 308 BlueHDI EAT6 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
    I bought a set for the front axle for my 308 1.6bluehdi they are very very good in cold weather and/or rain i haven't had a real chance to drive them on snow or ice myself but my brother did and comparing them to nokian wrd4 that we have for a Clio iv diesel they are not at the same level on snow but having said that they are better in every other way , they will last for more , they are much more quiter especially while braking better fuel consumption almost like an all weather tire better dry grip and wet grip on heavy rain they seem to aquaplaning at about the same speed so yea great tires!
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2022
    Given 89% while driving a Skoda (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 miles
    Cheaper then Conti and I belive quite the same quality. No problems at all but I drive rather carefully.
    Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2021
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!