Michelin X Ice Snow

The Michelin X Ice Snow is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Michelin X Ice Xi3.

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 33,020 miles driven.

The X Ice Snow is ranked 15th of 55 Winter Premium Touring tyres.

Reports

2022 Tyre Reviews Studless Winter Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - Best aquaplaning resistance and very good in the wet with excellent handling, best ice braking and very good on ice, good in all the snow tests, very good in the dry. Low noise, high levels of comfort, lowest rolling resistance on test.
  • Negative - Average dry braking.
  • Overall - The Michelin couldn't quite match the Continental in the dry, but was essentially the same in the wet and had the best hydroplaning resistance of all the tyres on test. It was a few percent behind the Continental in the snow but equaled it on the ice. It was also quiet and comfortable and had the best rolling resistance of all the tyres tested.

2021 Studless and Studded Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 16 tyres

• Positive - [Friction] Very good ice grip, stable driving in all winter conditions.
  • Negative - Poor handling in the dry.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 vs Michelin X-Ice Snow - 1st of 3 tyres

• Overall - Unsurprisingly, the Michelin X-Ice Snow extreme winter tyre dominated the snow testing. The most impressive quality of the tyre was just how rounded the performance was on snow, with a near flawless balance between traction, braking and cornering, giving you a huge amount of confidence to push the car to the limits, and past, where the tyre was progressive and easy to drive.

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin X Ice Snow

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin X Ice Snow. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Michelin X Ice Snow Reviews

Given 93% while driving a Fiat Panda 4 x4 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Previously owned the Michelin alpin 4a on a volkswagen tiguan. Fantastic tyres, Decided to choose the new version for my Fiat Panda cross. The x ice snow is an amazing tyre. It has been raining and snowing for the last month, i leave for work every morning in -10c and come home at night in -3c. Fresh snow, sludge, rain and ice. The tyre is amazing. I feel confident while driving In all conditions. Recently went offroading in a few mountain trails. Parked the car up and iced road, jumped out with the kids, and we could not walk without falling over, Completely iced over. I did not even realise there was ice, the tyres did not brake traction once.. Amazing tyres on ice, amazing. I have always used michelin , on all my cars. weather summer or winter. Never let me down.
Helpful 53 - tyre reviewed on December 5, 2020
Given 86% while driving a Chevrolet Avalanche (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20 average miles
I continue to be impressed with these tires, they are the best winter tires I have ever owned.
Helpful 10 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2021
Tesla Model S (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Absolutely superb winter tire. As we near one of the snowiest winters in several years in northeast Ohio, I can say with confidence these are the best snow tires I’ve used. I was a Blizzak believer until these tires. And while the Blizzaks are still one of the best snow tires available, the Michelin X-Ice Snow outperforms them in every way. Road noise, while present, is is unobtrusive, especially for a vehicle as quiet as a Tesla. The ride was firm and confident, and slightly better than the OEM Goodyear Touring that came with the car. Range dropped slightly, but not excessively. Wet grip was better than the OEM Goodyears as well. As for wear, I expect to get 3-4 winter seasons (18,000-24,000 miles), which I think is good for a winter tire driven “spiritedly” on a car as heavy as a Tesla. I will absolutely buy again.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2022
Have you driven on the Michelin X Ice Snow tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin X Ice Snow? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin X Ice Snow >

Latest Michelin X Ice Snow Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Subaru Outback (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Last year I replaced a set of Michelin x-ice xi2 with the x-ice snow. I have found the x-ice snows have more grip in the snow and ice and particularly more lateral grip than the xi2. While still a fairly quiet and comfortable winter tire, the x-ice snows are less so than the xi2. However, I am happy to make that trade in a winter tire. So far wear has been excellent.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2022
Given 96% while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 easy going miles
Extremely comfortable and pretty quiet. Very good on snow. Breaking on ice still feels little bit worse than Michelin X-Ice Xi2 I used before.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2022
All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
Tesla Model S (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles