Hankook OPTIMO K415

The Hankook OPTIMO K415 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 51 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 1,031,486 miles driven.

The OPTIMO K415 is ranked 55th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Hankook OPTIMO K415
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
245/50 R18 100V OE C C 71 12.39kgs
225/55 R18 98H OE E B 70 11.68kgs
235/55 R18 100H OE E C 71 12.30kgs
235/50 R19 99H OE C C 71 13.33kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Hankook OPTIMO K415. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

OPTIMO K415 Prices

Top 3 Hankook OPTIMO K415 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Ford Corsair (australia) (195/65 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 48,700 average miles
An excellent all round summer touring tyre for a four cylinder FWD sedan.
The car has been driven all roads from Express ways to hard rock and muddy goat tracks in four southern Australian states.
Limited used in snow but performed quite well.
Removed with 2-3 mm tread remaining as the winter wet has arrived.
The best steel belted radial touring car tyres I have ever purchased.
(Retired Auto Mechanic)

83 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2016
Given 18% while driving a Peugeot 306 GTI6 (195/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 25 average miles
Hankook Optimo K415 tyres are really not good, I really wish I'd gone with another make but after reading the reviews on here and the rubbish on their website I thought I'd buy them.
Never again will I waste my money on Hankook tyres, I tried speaking to Hankook and all they did was palm me off. Terrible road holding, no feedback and my car feels like it has jelly on all 4 corners.
33 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Peugeot 5008 (215/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
These tyres are the best i ever bought, being a taxi diver i get through a lot of tyres, but these have lasted me just over 20,000 miles on the rear of my peugeot 5008, now im starting to look at replacing them.
great performane in wet and dry.
16 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2015
Have you driven on the Hankook OPTIMO K415 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook OPTIMO K415? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook OPTIMO K415 >

Latest Hankook OPTIMO K415 Reviews

Given 50% while driving a Toyota aurion (215/55 R17) on mostly motorways for 0 easy going miles
Please do not buy this tyre, Hankook claims are not true, warranty is not worth what is written, my wore out barely 17k mostly freeway driving and not what they claim. Also purchased 6 hankook tyres for a small truck, ten years ago and only lasted 12 months. Hankook has lost me as a customer.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2021
Kia Motors (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
The tires were fine. They kept the wet well, dry too. The brakes held well.
9 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 35,485 average miles
I bought an IX 35 September 2015 with hankook optimos K415 tyres as original equipment. In the wet & dry the grip is excellent as they were in the snow. The car is easy to control in high cross winds as well.the tyres hav’nt suffered from potholes etc. My daughter ,myself & wife drive the car in that order motorway & town but not off road even though it’s a 2lt. Automatic 4x4 I am ready to replace the front tyres soon ( 2mm) rear (4 mm) as of today the mileage is 35,485 miles ( not kilometres) we are not “boy racers” but I do know my daughter likes to go “ fast “ when she’s on her own .
6 - tyre reviewed on July 12, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Hyundai Sonata se 2.0T (215/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Very good tires, comfort, low noise, average price, long lasting
11 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2018
Given 57% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (225/60 R17 H) on mostly motorways for 23,000 average miles
Came as standard fit on my Kia Sportage 1.7. They are good in the dry from new and very quiet. The tread grooves are different depth, so the tyre starts with a good profile but at 23000 km the "thin" grooves have disappeared from the front tyres and they looked like semislicks despite having in theory 4mm left. They lost grip completely in the wet and cold, gave me a good scare and were promptly replaced by Michelin Crossclimate Plus. The rear ones were still nearly new, probably to do with my car being FWD, I would say the fronts wear 5 times faster than the rears. I currently rotate, putting the Michelin at the front in winter to give me better traction and braking, and the Hankooks at the front from spring until autumn so I wear them down and replace them with another pair of 4 season tyres. Would not recommend them.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 13, 2018
Given 71% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 35 easy going miles
The ix35 has covered 35,000 miles on this set since new and still not worn. Looking to replace as the tyres are 5 years old and starting to crack. Had better tyres in wet and dry - but never one that has lasted so long that we've had to replace due to age not wear.
13 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2018
Given 80% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 40,000 spirited miles
Front tyres never rotated clocked up 33000 miles on varied road surfaces and hard driving motorway. Rear tyres still going at 43000 miles. Great value for money. Nice looking tyre. I drive a Hyundai ix35. The tyres were standard factory fitted as new.
10 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2018
Given 61% while driving a Hyundai i30 (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Came with my new car in 2011. They are not that bad I use them only in the season. I have got 30.000 miles out of them and they still look like they are new - zero wear!
The ride comfort is not that good, I enjoy better ride comfort with my winter michelin a4 set. Grip in wet conditions in the summer is not a problem, they handle ok on all kinds of surfaces.
Would not recommend them in the winter thou as cold conditions decrase their grip.
Overall a good tire for someone who puts a lot of miles on them and owns a winter set. I am convinced these could last me more than 50.000 decent miles but I will probably throw them away after the next season since they became too thick for me and I prefer ride comfort.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2016
Given 89% while driving a Kia Motors (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 48 easy going miles
Got Kia sportage 2011 model awd crdi at 8,500 miles have done another 40,000 in it since so 48,500miles, Just got mot.... was advised to replace front 2 tyres soon due to inside wear
The back 2 still have plenty wear on them say another 7k

Cant believe it......Have never had more than 20,000 out a front set of tyres or 30000 out of a rear set ... on any car......

Making sure I replace with exactly the same as.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2016
Given 84% while driving a Kia Motors (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 34,200 spirited miles
Really good grip in the dry - not as impressive in the wet, but still OK. The thing that impressed me most was how long they lasted - these came equipped on my new KIA Sportage back in May, 2012 so they've lasted almost 4 years and over 55,000km. I have never had tyres last me as long as these and I've gone through several cars at this stage. Threads on all four tyres are down to almost 2mm all-round and seem to have worn very evenly. I know the incidence of punctures has more to do with luck than anything else, but I've only suffered 3 punctures (across all 4 tyres) in the last 4 years. I'll definitely be buying these again.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2016
Given 84% while driving a Nissan Maxima ST (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Replaced all four tyres on our car and it's been over a year now and so far, it's been great. Such a quiet ride compared to the Dunlop SP230 factory tyres which were on it but that could be because they were worn out. Drives well, very good dry grip as well as in the wet but in saying that, I am not a very aggressive driver.

Def recommend and buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2015
Given 84% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 33,600 average miles
Just had the factory set replaced with a fresh set of these tyres. Had over 3mm left but had signs of age which was picked up on recent MOT. Hoping this set last as long as the previous set
2 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2015