Hankook Winter i cept evo

The Hankook Winter i cept evo is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 123,508 miles driven.

The Winter i cept evo is ranked 32nd of 40 Winter Ultra High Performance tyres.

2013 Auto Bild Sports Winter Tyre Test - 8th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances and stable handling on snowy roads. Good ride comfort, quiet pass-by noise
  • Negative - Delayed steering response and driving behavior in wet and dry conditions, slightly longer wet braking distances

2012 Sport Auto Winter Sports Tyre Test - 8th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Good handling on dry surfaces
  • Negative - Weak performance in the wet, very weak grip and poor handling in the snow

2011 Auto Bild Performance Winter Tyre Test - 5th of 7 tyres

• Positive - Impressive handling qualities on snow, good stering precision and short braking distances on dry roads
  • Negative - Slightly longer braking distances on wet roads and a high rolling resistance
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept evo
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Hankook Winter i cept evo. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Winter i cept evo Prices

Top 3 Hankook Winter i cept evo Reviews

Given 79% while driving a Volkswagen CC (205/50 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Had my first winter with these.
Good grip on snow.
The con of this tyre is the wet grip. My abs 'exploded' on almost every heavier brake. Careful !
57 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2015
Given 47% while driving a Volkswagen CC (205/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Worst winter tyre ever. Almost had an accident due to absolutely NO wet grip, my abs exploded !
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TYRE !
20 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2015
Given 18% while driving a BMW 123d (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 spirited miles
Drove this Tyre on my BMW 123d and it was not save. Car was uncontrolable at Speeds above 80mph! It was really dangerous, cause it was not possibel to drive staight. It feels like driving tyres made of plastic foam! Realy strange...
This tyre is not compatible whit an BMW Series one.
11 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2015
Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept evo tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Hankook Winter i cept evo? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Hankook Winter i cept evo >

Latest Hankook Winter i cept evo Reviews

Given 94% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 W) on mostly country roads for 8 spirited miles
This will be my 3rd winter with these tyres and I have no complaints whatsoever. They have performed well in snow,slush,rain and dry roads. Grip is excellent in the wet with great feel thro the wheel. Snow was no problem and made for confident driving. On dry roads you can feel the rubber biting into the road,once again giving you confidence. As for wear,after 8,000mls I still have 6mm of tread to use. My car is mildly tuned(still does 127mph) and gets some hard driving so I can't ask for anything more from these tyres. Buy again?? Certainly.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 16, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Subaru (215/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Have forester XT with 230PS, sure I use turbo often ;)
traction on dry, pritty ok, however it is easy to slip on curve or circle with speed a bit.
Dry grip is ok, had no pb with that.

consideration, wet wet snow + mud grip is below average, had several issues with extrem stop, and missed curve. This is why I wont buy again. for AWD start grip is anyway good, but is very important to have tires good for braking...
and btw, they are less comfortable (maybe because of H index) then summer tires Michelin energy saver...
8 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2015
Given 79% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi Sport (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Not a bad budget tyre, mine have covered over 20,000 miles and the wear is excellent. I have a daily commute of 80miles on untreated country roads and motorway. These tyres are excellent in heavy rain, very very solid and I've had cars aquaplane in front of me.
I run winters all year round, in Ireland we get so much rain you need a decent tyre that can handle the conditions. I bought the Hankooks as my budget would not stretch to Nokians which I have always used. I do not have the confidence that I had with the Nokians (wrd3). I am running these on my wife's Citroen C3 hdi and they are amazing. The cold weather grip is phenomenal. I would not go around a roundabout in my A4 estate with such confidence. When we got snow here I took the Citroen to work as I knew it could go almost anywhere. The Nokians are not wearing as well as the Hankooks but there is a trade off.
Your tyres are the only thing keeping you in touch with the road, out of a ditch, pole or wall and are what will get you home home safe at night. Il run these tyres till next October and then change them, probably for a more defined winter tyre .
All in all a good tyre with excellent wet weather performance but just not confidence inspiring in icy and snowy conditions.
I've tested the same road in my car and then in the little Citroen and the abs would be kicking in for the Audi while the Citroen cornered and braked with ease..

0 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2014
Given 79% while driving a SEAT Leon TDi150 remapped 200bhp (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Excellent winter tyre, much less wheelspin in the cold and wet, excellent in the snow last year and only fitted on the front then but now fitted all round for this year, just back from a longweekend in Germany and fine crusing at 100mph. I can't fault them and can be purchased at a good price.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2013
Given 66% while driving a Mazda 2009 Mazda 6 2.5 (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 300 average miles
As the previous reviewer report, much the same and not the grip I was expecting especially with the road surface being under 7c since I've bought them. Bit unfair to do a review with so little mileage, however tyres usually scrub in after 100 miles and the amount of wheel spin from just above idle rev's should have seen to that by now!! Was quite surprised especially as only 170bhp/170lb torque. However I do feel cornering and braking grip are better than normal rubber so something's right. Its just the wheel spin from junctions and roundabouts that's disappointing (no better than normal tyres) and I do drive with a light right foot. I think I'll need to give them a couple more months to bed in and hopefully some ice/snow/slush and give a complete appraisal. I'll report back/re-rate in Feb2014.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2013
Given 37% while driving a SEAT Ibiza FR 1.8T (195/45 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
This is my first winter tyre and if I'm honest I'm really disappointed with the experience so far.

I live in the countryside and the roads around here are damp most of the time. I have found there to be very little grip in damp, wet or dry conditions. I have to take roundabouts and bends with care as I can feel the car wanting to slide.

My car has about 250lb/ft of torque (the same as most 2.0 diesels) and it will wheelspin through all the gears at half throttle with these Hankooks on. My summer tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3) are fine with half throttle.

I'm seriously considering putting my summer tyres back on until the snow actually hits as I don't feel confident in my car at present.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2013
Given 94% while driving a Ford Kuga (215/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 2,700 average miles
very silent, good grip on dry roads, impressive on corners due to height, good grip on wet, i will wait for snow...
0 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2013
Given 76% while driving a Volvo 850 T5 Estate (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Decided to buy winter tyres and very glad I did. They grip very well in the lower temperatures and are better than I hoped in the snow. Never a problem getting to my destination. I have just swapped back to summer tyres (mid april) as the Hankooks were getting very squirmy in the warmer weather.
Overall a good tyre and showed me that winter tyres are worthwhile.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2013
Given 93% while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 8,000 average miles
I am a private hire driver covering many thousands of miles to and from airports. It is the first time that I have fitted winter tyres. Previously my Mercedes E class was terrible in the snow when using normal summer tyres. I can't believe the difference. I am driving up and down snow covered hills that I wouldn't have even attempted previously. So far I have managed to drop every client at their snow covered homes without problems. Amazingly they also seem to be quieter than my Pirelli summer tyres. The only compromise is that my mpg I'd reduced by approx 10%, but I am more than happy to exchange the mpg for safety and keeping me running. If I can't drive, I don't earn. Very happy bunny
0 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2013
Given 58% while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (195/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Had these on my Civic and still on my MX5. As a Winter tyre, they are OK. Stopping distances on packed snow less than half of Summer tyres, I measured. However, do not cope with uphill climbs as well as my new Winter tyres, which are Vred Wintrac Xtremes.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2013
Given 93% while driving a Jaguar X type 2.0SE diesel (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Purchased the tyres for the winter months - for wife's car for carrying boy about in safely.
They have been performing very well - good grip in the wet and dry, run a little firmer than the the previous 17" - but overall a good tyre.
Today the grip on ice and snow is incredible - as good as my 4x4 running all-terrain winter tyres (general AT2's) - admit 2" of snow compacted to ice - but very slippy.
A GREAT TYRE THAT I HAVE TO RECOMMEND - I WILL BE BUYING AGAIN.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2013
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Touareg (225/55 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 easy going miles
What a revelation. I had Hankook Optimos on my BMW 330i tourer and they felt soft, less precise than the Pirellis but had great grip and were great value. Now I have a VW Touareg and took off the Bridgestone Duellers and put on these Hanoook winter tyres. Wow. I have just so enjoyed driving in the snow with the Hankooks. It is just amazing what I have driven through. I have driven up and down hills where I thought I could not and have had some very quizzical looks from pedestrians wondering how I could blast past them up hill! Very good grip in snow and slush, these tyres bite right into the snow and I can feel the bite. Great tyres, reassuring and I am a very happy Hankook owner.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2013