Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1

The Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 47 tyre reviews averaging 52% over 267,008 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 52nd of 53 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 Reviews

Given 44% while driving a Holden Commodore VE (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Don't even touch recommend by a tyre dealer, fine in the dry but wet is another story, try to contact max trek to let know what I thing but no number, very dangerous
259 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2016
Given 85% while driving a Honda 2006 (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Most of the very negative reviews on these tires are bs maybe from the same people who feel undercut. Great deal, quality good. I've driven them in dry wet and snowy conditions.
41 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2018
Given 30% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Worst tires I’ve ever had.
32 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018
Have you driven on the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 >

Latest Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 Reviews

Given 53% while driving a Citroën DS5 2.0 Hdi (235/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 2,500 average miles
Tyre couldn't get the tyres balanced, took wheels to other shop but still slight vibration at 105 km/h and heavy vibration when acceleration hard.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2021
Given 46% while driving a Subaru 2003 Forester 2.5x (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Perfectly good in the dry, enough lateral and braking grip to feel safe even during spirited driving. In the wet not so much, particularly around corners. Also pretty rubbish on gravel. Road noise is good below 70kph, not fatiguing above 100 though still reasonably audible. Only got them since they were suggested by a tyre dealer (first car, didn't know enough about tyres at the time to make a better judgement). Wouldn't recommend.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2020
Given 66% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T quattro (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
Bought 4 new installed 6 months in I blew a tire in a pothole 1 year in took one off due to noise in the tire Just over a year in and I got a broken belt in one now
0 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2020
Given 47% while driving a Mazda 121 (185/55 R15) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres on my Mazda 121. Pretty good in the dry but really slippery in the wet, almost crashed a few times in the wet because the front end would understeer.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2020
Given 70% while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
Put 2 on the front of my car, need 2 some months later for the rear went to a different tyre guy he said the M1 on the front were rubbish in the wet, I haven't noticed, maybe he didn't supply M1 and said this? Not sure.
9 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2020
Given 37% while driving a Honda Ballade (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Noisy and unbalanced drive. Grip is decent though but you can feel the road, so it is really hard and not comfortable.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2020
Given 81% while driving a BMW e60 530i (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Installed in rear wheel of my E60 525i. Was worried about the unknown brand but soon found out they are bargains!
13 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2020
Given 76% while driving a BMW 320i (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 miles
Almost didn't buy because of the reviews about this tire in the wet, but being these were for my summer car, I ended up going for them anyways. I live in Western Canada, we get plenty of spring rainfall. I've driven on these now in the wet several times (older 3 series BMW) and had zero issues. I have no idea what people were talking about with this tire? I've driven on many performance tires that are much worse than these in the rain, this one is actually one of the better ones. Most of Canada has slightly crowned roads and good water drainage/storm drains, maybe it has something to do with standing water which we don't get much of here. In the dry they are very good, better than I expected. They don't have as high as maximum grip as some other UHP tires I've had on this car, but the limit is in a good zone. (You'll be going plenty fast before they protest) That's actually this tires sweet spot, they are extremely predictable and forgiving. Up near the very edge they let out a soft/very quiet howl before they break loose, and when they do break loose the car slides out nicely and easily controllable. I've had stickier tires that made no noise, and could be pushed harder but when they let go it, it can be a bit alarming and much harder to gather back up. For that reason, I'd say these are a great street tire, would definitely buy again!
20 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2019
Given 30% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Worst tires I’ve ever had.
32 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018