Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1

The Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 50 tyre reviews averaging 53% over 288,132 miles driven.

The MAXIMUS M1 is ranked 157th of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

2021 53 Summer Tyre Braking Test - 52nd of 53 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

MAXIMUS M1 Prices

Top 3 Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 Reviews

Given 44% while driving a Holden Commodore VE (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Don't even touch recommend by a tyre dealer, fine in the dry but wet is another story, try to contact max trek to let know what I thing but no number, very dangerous
268 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2016
Given 85% while driving a Honda 2006 (205/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Most of the very negative reviews on these tires are bs maybe from the same people who feel undercut. Great deal, quality good. I've driven them in dry wet and snowy conditions.
53 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2018
Given 30% while driving a (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Worst tires I’ve ever had.
38 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018
Have you driven on the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 >

Latest Maxtrek MAXIMUS M1 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Peugeot 206 1.4 75hp (175/65 R14) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
The tyres are ideal for agressive driving and for rough asphalt. Very acurate in cornering. The wear is very small. I think I'm going to make 10000km with them, wich is very good (I usualy make less than 8000km with other also hard to wear tyres). Driving in wet is another story it is similar to driving on the rims without tyres. Don't recomend to people who want safety and to those who doesn't feel the grip in the steering wheel. Recomend to those who suffer from excessiv tyre wear and want good grip in dry.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2021
Given 44% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 MIVEC (MAN) (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 13,124 easy going miles
bought 2 tyres in June 2019 for the front wheels, its now March 2021 - i have travelled 21,122 klms in that time, plenty of wear left on the tyres. i feel the car is very unstable in the wet, slides out easily on corners and from standing start, i dont feel safe at all. the tyres seemed fine for quite a while, even in the wet conditions, but now very unsafe in the wet conditions. my driving style has not changed in the time i have had the tyres so i think they may have hardened in that time which i think would make them not grip in the wet anymore.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2021
Given 53% while driving a Citroën DS5 2.0 Hdi (235/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 2,500 average miles
Tyre couldn't get the tyres balanced, took wheels to other shop but still slight vibration at 105 km/h and heavy vibration when acceleration hard.
7 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2021
Given 46% while driving a Subaru 2003 Forester 2.5x (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Perfectly good in the dry, enough lateral and braking grip to feel safe even during spirited driving. In the wet not so much, particularly around corners. Also pretty rubbish on gravel. Road noise is good below 70kph, not fatiguing above 100 though still reasonably audible. Only got them since they were suggested by a tyre dealer (first car, didn't know enough about tyres at the time to make a better judgement). Wouldn't recommend.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2020
Given 66% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T quattro (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
Bought 4 new installed 6 months in I blew a tire in a pothole 1 year in took one off due to noise in the tire Just over a year in and I got a broken belt in one now
1 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2020
Given 47% while driving a Mazda 121 (185/55 R15) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
Had these tyres on my Mazda 121. Pretty good in the dry but really slippery in the wet, almost crashed a few times in the wet because the front end would understeer.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2020
Given 70% while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
Put 2 on the front of my car, need 2 some months later for the rear went to a different tyre guy he said the M1 on the front were rubbish in the wet, I haven't noticed, maybe he didn't supply M1 and said this? Not sure.
12 - tyre reviewed on May 15, 2020
Given 37% while driving a Honda Ballade (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Noisy and unbalanced drive. Grip is decent though but you can feel the road, so it is really hard and not comfortable.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2020
Given 81% while driving a BMW e60 530i (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Installed in rear wheel of my E60 525i. Was worried about the unknown brand but soon found out they are bargains!
17 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2020
Given 76% while driving a BMW 320i (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 miles
Almost didn't buy because of the reviews about this tire in the wet, but being these were for my summer car, I ended up going for them anyways. I live in Western Canada, we get plenty of spring rainfall. I've driven on these now in the wet several times (older 3 series BMW) and had zero issues. I have no idea what people were talking about with this tire? I've driven on many performance tires that are much worse than these in the rain, this one is actually one of the better ones. Most of Canada has slightly crowned roads and good water drainage/storm drains, maybe it has something to do with standing water which we don't get much of here. In the dry they are very good, better than I expected. They don't have as high as maximum grip as some other UHP tires I've had on this car, but the limit is in a good zone. (You'll be going plenty fast before they protest) That's actually this tires sweet spot, they are extremely predictable and forgiving. Up near the very edge they let out a soft/very quiet howl before they break loose, and when they do break loose the car slides out nicely and easily controllable. I've had stickier tires that made no noise, and could be pushed harder but when they let go it, it can be a bit alarming and much harder to gather back up. For that reason, I'd say these are a great street tire, would definitely buy again!
24 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2019
Given 10% while driving a Renault Megane II 1.5dci @ 125hp (205/55 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
Do your self a huge faivor dont buy them!!!, after i bought them i noticed that have not so good grip on dry roads but i thought thats because thay new.
After first rain In Israel in roundabout the rear of my car start to slip (when this tyers was, in front i have 2 Pirely P7, great wheel.
I thought maby because its first rain and maby i drove a little bit quick. Exactly after 3 minutes i took a carve in second gear, around 20 km/h in middle of junction and all my rear car lost grip, really pressure and dangers.
Day after this (4 months after i used those tyers) i went and bought new Dunlop fm800, until now looks and feel really good tyer.
Really NOT safe for driving in wet condition
14 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2017
Given 57% while driving a Toyota Corolla (185/65 R15) on mostly town for 100 average miles
A bizarre Jekyll and Hyde tire, good value and pleasing in dry weather, deadly and unpredictable in wet. Former (retired) car journalist, I knew that Chinese tires had "improved" in the last few years so I wanted to try a full set on our second car. My mechanic said he had a lot of experience with Chinese brands and he picked this model WHICH I DID NOT RESEARCH BEFOREHAND, Big mistake. Back in the day, tire companies would invite onto the track to test their products. First few days I was very pleased, tire was comfortable, seemed to have solid handling and braking characteristcs, were basically doing their job. Then we had a good rain. Just turning the corner on a flat surface (which should not have taxed the tires or the contact patch at all) I felt all four tires momentarily break free on the turn (as if on ice) and then stabilize. Coming down a hill there was a red light. I stopped but the car did not. It travelled two full car lengths, like on ice. Anyone in front of me would have been hit hard. Last time I experienced that behavior was on a 1963 Lincoln Continental convertible which weighed over two tons and ran on standard non-radial tires, just after a rain. This is one very dangerous tire in the rain.
16 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2017