Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain+

The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 242,550 miles driven.

The Scorpion All Terrain+ is ranked 7th of 51 All Season All Terrain and Off Road tyres.

2022 Tyre Reviews All Terrain Tyre Test - 4th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning resistance with reasonable wet handling, very good dry handling, good on dirt, low rolling resistance.
  • Negative - High levels of noise, firm ride comfort.
  • Overall - The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain plus might be one of the older tires in the group, but as a mild AT tire it ticked all the boxes with a great performance in the dry, acceptable in the wet, and a very low rolling resistance. It wasn't the best off road in terms of grip, but wasn't a million miles off and it was subjectively an enjoyable tire to drive on. We liked the character of this tyre, and if aggressive looking shoulders are your thing, this was one of the meatier ones.

2022 Tyre Tests

• 4th: 2022 Tyre Reviews All Terrain Tyre Test (275/65 R18)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus

Questions and Answers for the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus

2021-12-30 - Do these have OWL

I have not seen a Scorpion All Terrain+ with outlined white letters, nor to Pirelli have OWL listed on their website. You could always get a tyre pen and white them yourself!

YouTube Review

Top 3 Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus Reviews

Given 96% while driving a (235/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 90,000 average miles
    Replaced after 90000km. Was a pleasure knowing they were durable... reasonably priced. I'm now on my 2nd set
    Helpful 195 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2018
    Given 96% while driving a Ford Ranger (265/60 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
    Just bought them and drove 2000km on them in summer heat (35 degrees Celsius) and soaking wet (15 degrees C). They have plenty of traction and seem to be even better in the wet than in the dry. So much so, that I couldn’t get the wheels to slip/spin with confidence (speeds to high for cornering and just doesn’t let go accelerating, even in the corners).
    Helpful 67 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2019
    Given 91% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 4 (255/55 R19) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
    Fantastic tyres, new model so hard to find dealer. Tested on Dartmoor, fantastic on ice & snow. Excellent grip when used off road.
    Helpful 52 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2019
    Have you driven on the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus >

Latest Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Jeep cherokee sport (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
    I am moving onto a second set after my suspension died in the rear cupping the tire. The dealer tried to get me into some other tires but I elected to get these again. I live in Alberta Canada and travel often to the mountains and to Saskatchewan. Many of the roads are either paved, gravel or mud... these tires have performed well for me. Ice and snow are famous over the winter, the triple peak rating means they are acceptable to go through most mountain passes in the winter where winter tires are required. I have yet to actually experience of the tires from new, I bought my vehicle used... I am sure I would re-evaluate higher once I have had a chance to try them out operating at 100%..
    Helpful 0 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2022
    Given 83% while driving a Toyota fortuner (265/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 74,000 average miles
    I fitted these tyres 4 years ago and it looks like I'll get about 78 000km from them. They were a great improvement compared to the Bridgestones which were fitted to the car from new. They were so much quieter and gave better road feedback. Road holding is consistent and they start to "howl" when pushed to the limit giving you plenty of warning of impending break away. They've done about 10 000km of their life off road on dirt roads, some rocky off road tracks and in sand with no punctures or side wall damage. They grip well in these conditions within the limitations of their design - they're not true off road tyres. I'll buy another set next month.
    Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2022
    All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
    Given 66% while driving a Honda 2009 CRV (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
    Only 10,000km and no winter use yet although I had bought them in part for the snow. They would be a great tyre apart from the high noise levels that developed after a few thousand kilometres. Rotating them doesn't seem to help the noise situation although they did quickly develop uneven wear on the tyre shoulders and directional wear on the shoulder sipes especially. I am sensitive to noise and would not buy them again due to their noise levels inside the vehicle (Honda CRV 2007). Hard cornering does not work so well on these tyres possibly through deformation of the tread pattern although the tyre carcass is usually inflated at 36-39psi. Great in the wet and very confident in deeper water too. Again, I would really enjoy these tyres if they did not produce so much noise.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2022
    Holden (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 50 spirited miles
    When I first Bought the Colorado 2019 the standard tyres were bad. I changed to the Pirelli Scorpion all terrain plus. Very happy, i'm on the beach nearly every day. ( Excellent). yes I'll buy again , 50,000 K still going.
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2022
    Given 96% while driving a Jeep Patriot (/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
    Drove them in 15 inches of snow with no problem
    Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2021
    Given 92% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 3 (225/45 R17) on track for 3,000 average miles
    Haven't winter tested yet but took them over the main range and across Davies Plain. On road they are great. My previous tyres where the Pirrelli Scorpion ATR and they were great but these are as good or better on-road which shocked me. Off road dry they are great. I haven't done much wet driving yet but will update.
    Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2021
    Given 97% while driving a Toyota Land cruiser prado (275/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
    EXCELLENT TIRE
    Helpful 24 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2019
    Given 96% while driving a Dodge ram 1500 (275/60 R20) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
    I have about 500 miles on these tires. They ride great on the road dry and mud traction are both excellent . We had a ice storm a few days ago where I saw 7 vehicles and 2 tractor trailers in the ditch or median. I didn't have the slightest slip with these tires. Wet traction is very good also with only a little pull in deep standing water.
    As for gas milage I have noticed about .5 mpg decline which is nothing when going from stock goodyear SRAs to an AT tire.
    Helpful 40 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2018