Point S Summerstar 2

The Point S Summerstar 2 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 49% over 29,000 miles driven.

The Summerstar 2 is ranked 195th of 228 Summer Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Point S Summerstar 2

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Point S Summerstar 2

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Point S Summerstar 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Point S Summerstar 2 Reviews

Given 37% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Its a terrible tyre but its cheap. The tyre overall has poor feedback, sub standard grip in the dry and poor grip in the wet. There is sufficient squeaking to alert you when your near the limit but I haven't pushed it much further. When the tyre is under load you will feel the sidewall deform and squidge. It wears incredibly poorly and has lasted me 9,000 miles of mostly motorway and b road driving. The tyre is soft, comfortable and quiet on the motorway. I thank the previous dealer for fitting such poor tyres and making me appreciate quality tyres.
Helpful 20 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2023
Given 33% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia Mk2 SportsTourer (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Loud Loud Loud. 245/45-18 on the front of a Vx Insignia. For get it, these are the worst thing to ever happen to me. Long drives on the Motorways/Autobahns leaves you feel tense and deffended. They work if:- you have a tight budget and need to pass an MOT and this is the only thing your local garage has in stock. I will not buy again nor can I recommend.
Helpful 14 - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2023
Given 70% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Needed them to get through the MOT, couldn't afford the Conti's they replaced. Don't handle quite so well as the Conti's, however they are just as comfortable and quiet and have lasted longer.
Helpful 59 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2015
Have you driven on the Point S Summerstar 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Point S Summerstar 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Point S Summerstar 2 >

Latest Point S Summerstar 2 Reviews

Given 53% while driving a Toyota AYGO (165/55 R14) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
These tyres are fitted on my Toyota Aygo 2009 model in the 165/55/14 size on steel rims. I will replace them with better eco tyres (maybe allseason tyres) when they are done.

Grips pretty ok in the dry (pretty soft sidewall), but is terrible in the wet. Wheelspin off the line in wet conditions and prone to aquaplaning. So lowering speed and better anticipation is the best way to counteract this.

Fairly loud regarding road noise, but the Aygo is also badly insulated, so therefore a 6 instead of a 5 regarding score. Will not recommend except if you are on a very tight budget. But then it would probably be better to buy second hand A-grade tyres then these.
Helpful 23 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2016