Sumitomo BC100

The Sumitomo BC100 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 51,900 miles driven.

The BC100 is ranked 111th of 206 Summer Touring tyres.

2019 Mid Range Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Long braking in the dry and wet, low wet grip and oversteer balance.

2019 Tyre Tests

• 7th: 2019 Mid Range Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
  • Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sumitomo BC100

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sumitomo BC100. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

BC100 Prices

Top 3 Sumitomo BC100 Reviews

Given 99% while driving a Ford Galaxy (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
    I have used many tyres and this one is surprisingly good in both wet and dry.
    I have full confidence in this tyre and I'll be buying again.
    Helpful 110 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019
    Given 84% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245/45 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,500 average miles
    From the moment I put them on the car and drove in the wet and only 2 degrees outside they fill you with real confidence great rain dispersion pattern good road holding even on the twisty roads my driving is mostly family type a cross between motorway a roads ect the feel like a premium tyre but the secret is they actually are!!! there just kept in the background as most people looking for the name not the performance trust me if considering a new brand give these a try I took 4 hours going through reviews and finally took the plunge... Glad I did.
    Helpful 48 - tyre reviewed on December 4, 2019
    Given 29% while driving a Vauxhall combo van C 1700 1.3cdti (185/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
    Fitted to my works van. The tyre noise is significantly more, the grip in the wet and dry is poor, the van understeers horribly now. So glad my company paid to have these fitted!
    Helpful 26 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2020
    Have you driven on the Sumitomo BC100 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Sumitomo BC100? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Sumitomo BC100 >

Latest Sumitomo BC100 Reviews

Given 63% while driving a Volvo S60 D5 (185) (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
    In normal driving these are fine, I have had to emergency brake 4 times for deer in the forest and every time they stopped very well and my car escaped unscathed. Wet performance isn't the best, but not what I would consider unsafe or below par. Aggressive driving and going round roundabouts quickly is a little bit worrying, admittedly only twice I've had it understeer and tramline, but it was still a little surprising still. Very, very rarely I've momentarily had wheel skids when planting my right foot, but I would expect that with diesel torque. On the rear these tyres were fine though.
    Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2022
    Given 100% while driving a Audi 100 2.5. tdi avant (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
    Best tyre ever
    Helpful 16 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2020
    Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
    Given 50% while driving a Volvo V90 D4 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
    225/55/R17 tyres fitted by the dealer when I bought my 2017 Volvo V90 D4 Momentum. Car weights nearly 1.85 ton and got 190PS diesel engine, front wheel drive. These tyres often lose grip when I accelerate quickly even on dry road with the slightest imperfect surfaces. On wet road these do not give me confidence at all. Tyre noise is acceptable when they are new, no idea how it performs when wear down. I can't comment on the wear rate just yet but seems to lasts. They are soft tyres so the ride is comfortable I give you that. Other than this, there is not a single thing that I would recommand. I can't wait for these tyres to wear down so I can buy something else.
    Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2020