Three A Farroad FRD 26

The Three A Farroad FRD 26 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 224,730 miles driven.

The Farroad FRD 26 is ranked 19th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Three A Farroad FRD 26
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Three A Farroad FRD 26
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Three A Farroad FRD 26. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Three A Farroad FRD 26 Reviews

Given 100% while driving a Lexus LS460 (245/45 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Supper tires
600 - tyre reviewed on September 26, 2017
Given 22% while driving a Volvo S60 T5 250bhp (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
never buy again..sidewall to soft..handling bad
131 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Mitsubishi Galant (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
Soft tyres. For the price impressively quiet with comfort. For price comparison vs hankook ventus V2 & Federal which was my previous tyres. By far better on wet grip & ride comfort.
64 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2020
Have you driven on the Three A Farroad FRD 26 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Three A Farroad FRD 26? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Three A Farroad FRD 26 >

Latest Three A Farroad FRD 26 Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Subaru 2011 Impreza WRX STI (/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 30 spirited miles
These tires perform great during spring-summer-fall weather. I daily drive on these tires through all New York terrain. Not great in snow. Quiet on all speeds. They withstood all potholes and bumps. No sidewall bubbles, cupping, or unusual wear and tear. They amaze me during my backroad carvings. Gripped phenomenally. I still have 6/32 of depth.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2021
Given 77% while driving a Nissan 350z (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Normally wouldn't have bought these, but money was tight and my last set of tires were balder than Jeff Bezos. Read some reviews from other users and decided to bite the bullet and give them a shot. First off the price is essentially unmatched for the tire size that I needed. While I would have gone with a more established "budget" tire brand like the Nankang NS-II or Sailun, my size was unavailable due to shortages. Ultimately, I came across the Farroad FRD26 in stock and in the size that I needed. 4 tires at 235/40/r18 came out to $420 CAD. That's almost the price of a single Michelin Pilot Super Sport. As good as the Super Sports are, I had my doubts that they are roughly 4 times better as these tires. After having used these tires for about 2000 miles, I can say these are pretty fantastic tires given their price. I would recommend anyone who looks at these tires to manage their expectations as they will not outperform the top tires like the Super Sports etc., but rather they will perform up to 80-90% of their abilities at a quarter/third of the price. For my car (Nissan 350z), dry grip is excellent, the tires can handle the 300hp and rarely if ever, spin or lose traction on launch. Handling is fine, potentially one of the weaker points of the tire, but at this point I am uncertain whether that has to do with the tire sidewall or my current suspension setup as I'm still dialing it in. I will report back at a later interval to confirm. I had read previous reviews stating it had excellent wet grip and I held off on this review until I had the chance to put that to the test. I can confirm these reviews to be true now. Wet grip is rather amazing when considering tire price and place of origin. Without driving like an idiot, the tires can maintain good wet grip under moderate acceleration and turning but I wouldn't push these too far. When compared to my last set, it was like driving on ice, so this was a very pleasant surprise. I even attempted to put the car sideways in an empty wet parking lot and the tires really fought the slide. In terms of wear, these are very soft tires (tire tread rating is 320) so once again manage your expectations. Personally, I will feel blessed if they manage to get to 10000 miles, but I'm skeptical. For the purpose that I bought them, they were supposed to last me a season with decent performance on a budget and they have far and away exceeded that goal. To expect any kind of longevity out of them is to expect too much. Comfort is surprisingly good as well, but I think that has to do with the softness of the tire. Very little road noise is generated by the tires. Overall, I would buy these tires again if I found myself in the same situation. While there are definitely better tires out there, if cost is an issue, these are top contenders. Being completely honest, the next set of tires I'll buy will be an established "quality" budget tire such as the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, which commands a premium over these tires but offer increased longevity, as the long-term feasibility of the FRD 26 is questionable at best having to potentially buy a new set of tires every season. The FRD 26 excels in a pinch offering an inexpensive tire option for those who just need a short-term throwaway ultra-performance tire without racking up the credit card debt.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2021
Given 77% while driving a Infiniti Q50 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Just got this new set of 4 tyres as recommended by the tyre shop. Oddly enough, could not get the size (225/55R17) as per what I have, in stock, from one of the big brands. Understand that Farroad is Chinese brand but seems to be their high performance range. Was using a set of Continental run flats which I really hated. It was extremely hard and made the car really "jumpy" and twitchy. Those tyres absolutely killed the drive. After changing to these new Farroads, obviously the comfort was way better. Handling was also much better as the "twitchiness" was gone. Have so far gone no more than 100km on the tyres only. Then we faced a Covid lockdown. Can't go anywhere anyhow. So far, testing the tyres, managed to push it a little bit. I would say the dry grip is there. The rear tyre does not breakaway during an acceleration from standstill compared to the Contis. Driving in heavy rain, I did not perceive a significant difference between these and Contis. I have another car with Michelin PS4s and I would rank the handling at almost equal in very wet conditions. I cannot comment much about wear as I have hardly gone beyond 100km on them. Maybe another review in time. Really surprised me with the kind of quality for under USD49 for one tyre.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2021
Given 77% while driving a Volvo C70 T5 GT (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 7,000 spirited miles
This is a great bargain of a tyre. Handles well in both wet and dry. Gives you confidence, I had a Continental contisportcontact 3 and was terrible. Then used a Pirelli Cinturato P1 which was good, this one performes as good as the Pirelli if not better. Only negative is it wears out quicker due to the softer compound but for the price it gives great performance and compliments my spirited driving style. It does not skid upon take off from traffic light. I will buy it again as long as they keep it at this affordable price and maintain the same compound.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Honda Civic 1.5T (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
quality like michelin and the price is better compare than other tyres.
23 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2021
Given 77% while driving a Lexus IS250 RWD (245/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
Great bargain
11 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2021
Given 96% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12,500 spirited miles
Searched for tyres that met specific criteria (dry, wet, wear) and these did with the bonus of only being £45 per tyre. Fitted to Vauxhall Insignia Estate and immediately impressed with the improved handling and stopping power. A pleasure to drive in the rain and overtaking everything else with ease. Previously used Hankook, Good Year and Michelin which were hit and miss for delivering required performance and easily double the price of Farroad. Been driving with them for over a year now and have recently rotated them. Tread down to 4mm one axle and 5mm on other so hoping for about another year's use. Previous tyres (not Farroad) just managed to last a year. Yes I do tend to drive a bit spiritedly. They're not quiet but not really any louder than other makes and since I'm getting deaf it doesn't bother me. I'll certainly be looking to purchasae Farroad tyres again (but will double check criteria since manufacturers have a habit of changing specs).
31 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus MK2 1.6TDCI 2008 2011 (225/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Farroad 225/40r18 tyres I bought are great I had Michelin pilot 4 before these and they were crap in comparison farroad handle miles better in wet and dry conditions and last longer to I drive a lot of country roads and hit a fair few pot holes and tyres hold up fine my Michelins on the other hand would blister on the side walls and become dangerous ide buy farroad again infact I'm online ordering more now 😁
53 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2019