Toyo NanoEnergy 3

The Toyo NanoEnergy 3 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Toyo NanoEnergy 2.

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 400,295 miles driven.

The NanoEnergy 3 is ranked 62nd of 136 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo NanoEnergy 3

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
195/65 R15 91T   C C 69
195/65 R15 95T XL   B C 69
195/65 R15 95T   B C 69

Questions and Answers for the Toyo NanoEnergy 3

2017-09-03 - Hello, I want to ask the following: How the tires Nano Energy 3 are reacting to Ice or snow? I mean without chains.

As a summer tyre the Nano Energy will struggle on snow and ice, and perform very poorly.

Top 3 Toyo NanoEnergy 3 Reviews

Given 91% while driving a Kia Motors Cerato Forte (215/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Very good dry & wet grip, Low road noise on any road surfaces. Low rolling resistance while driving; mileage improved slightly. The overall ride comfort is fantastic. These tyres are amazing. Highly recommended.
Helpful 288 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2016
Given 91% while driving a Mercedes Benz W123 230E (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Amazing dry grip, excellent wet grip, totally quiet#, rubbery supple ride, good low wear rate. I think Toyo have really nailed it with the Nanoenergy 3, they have proven to be snmooth and quiet with amazing grip both in the dry and in the wet. I live east of Melbourne Australia in the Mt Dandenong Ranges (hills) its cold and wet most of the year so I wanted a tyre for my W123 Mercedes Benz 230E that would give great wet weather grip but also for cray hot weather too, a good level of conmfort, and be a low rolling resistance eco tyre, and Toyo Nanoenergy does all this with ease! #If they had a fault I would say they make some ripping or tearing noise when cornering tight hairpin bends at break-neck speeds, but that's my only issue. Toyo... Well done indeed :D
Helpful 25 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015
Given 84% while driving a Honda Civic (175/70 R13 T) on mostly town for 4,000 easy going miles
The most comfortable tyre I ever had. In the dry very good but braking in the wet can be bad depending on the road. Feedback very good compared to my old pirellis P4
Helpful 24 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2019
Have you driven on the Toyo NanoEnergy 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Toyo NanoEnergy 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Toyo NanoEnergy 3 >

Latest Toyo NanoEnergy 3 Reviews

Given 80% while driving a Hyundai I10 (165/60 R14) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I bought these tyres for my Hyundai i10 around 2 years and am pleased with the dry handling, however these tyres can be a little unpredictable in wet or rain. I paid £200 for a set of 4 fitted and balanced, I probably would consider a better tyre but no complaints about the wear rate or value for money.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on January 6, 2022
Given 59% while driving a Kia Motors Cerato Forte (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 30,000 average miles
Wearing rate is impressive even without rotation. Handling fair. I drive in tropical conditions roads which is hard and hot averaging 40 to 50 degrees Celsius road temperature therefore comfort and noise are poor in these conditions
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2021
Want your tyres to save you money on petrol? Click here!
Opel (175/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
On dry roads performance is average but for wet its like a soap.Comfort is more than average,wear is good.Ä° do not recommend to anyone.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2021
Given 89% while driving a Vauxhall Combo 1.3 CDTI (185/65 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 32,000 average miles
I'm a same day delivery driver, mainly motorways and A-roads, and was looking for a sure-footed tyre with slow wear rates. The reviews for these seemed pretty impressive, and on the whole they have proved to be correct. This is an excellent tyre - I have the 92T XL versions as I do sometimes carry up to 400Kg pallets in the van. The tyres inspire confidence in driving spiritedly where warranted (B-road blasts mainly) and I've not heard one tyre squeal once in the 32K they've been on. I've never felt in perilous danger in wet conditions, even where standing water engulfs the M1 and M40 from time to time. For sure, there may have been a slight wobble in the really deep stuff, but nothing that resulted in my life flashing before my eyes. Due to the nature of my role, I am constantly on the road and sadly did not get a chance to rotate the wheels. This has left me with 4mm of tread on the front, whilst a barely untouched 7mm on the rears. I have noticed the road noise has worsened the further the tread wears down on the fronts. I managed to grab a spare set of steelies, so have swapped the rears with some low-tread Michelin Duragrips with a view to swapping the whole lot over to Cross Climate + now the colder months are here. The good news is I now have a back up set (the former rears at 7mm, and the Michelin Efficiency Grips on the other two wheels at 6mm of tread) so hopefully won't have to buy any new tyres for a while yet. Extremely comforting tyres at cruising speeds (for me that's the maximum speed limit for any road I'm on), although the compounds is quite soft. A screw went straight through one of the rears, but easily plugged by friendly local indie tyre place. On the whole, thoroughly recommended - cheap too at around £50 a corner.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2020
Given 61% while driving a Dacia Sandero 1.4 (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
When they where new, the dry and wet grip on the straight was very good. I the corners it is not very good, but they are touring not sports tyres. The problem is that after 3 years, they lost all the performance. The thread is still deep, although there are cracks starting to appear on the threads. Now, they don't brake as good at all, they slip a lot more when accelerating from a stop. It is even worse in the wet of course. For this reason I would not buy Toyo again, but rather Michelin, since they will keep their performance for much longer.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2020
Given 57% while driving a Suzuki Swift (185/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Hi, I drive in Sri Lanka and the road are rough similar to British B roads so tyres take abuse. Frequent rain is also common. Originally I had Bridgestone Ecopias which are very good in all aspects Dry Grip - Squeals around corners and under heavy braking. Soft sidewalls. Couldn't get it to understeer or break traction yet. Not confidence inspiring. Road feel - communication through the steering is weak. Not confidence inspiring. Wet grip - decent, no hydroplaning below 100kph. Above you lose front end feel. Would not recommend aggressive manoeuvres in the rain. Wear - hard to judge yet but compound seems soft. Expect 30,000km as opposed to 50,000 I got from the Bridgestone. Personal comment - not recommended for spirited drivers. Drivers looking for comfortable reliable Japanese tyres on a budget, these are for you.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2020
Given 53% while driving a Fiat Tipo (165/70 R13 T) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
Good grip on dry, but on the wet i had an overall bad experience. Due to an episode where while soft braking on a paved road on a rainy day these tyres decided not to participate in braking and ended up going on a wall, i decided to change them, despite having almost all of thread left. Wear is not an issue, in 7000km i had them, they only lost way less than 1mm. Very comfortable on city roads and on highway. Definitely not buying again this model, i've used other toyo tyres that are waaay better than these.
Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Camry (215/60 R16) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
This is the 3rd time i am using this tyre, handling good and comfort when in highway use, will buy this again.
Helpful 12 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2020
Given 74% while driving a Hyundai matrix 1.6gls (185/65 R14 P) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
AFTER 25,0000 KILOMETERS AND A LITTLE LESS THAN 2 YEARS ON MOSTLY DRY CRETAN ROADS. I AM DISAPPOINTED IN THESE 4 TIRES. I DRIVE A 2007 HYUNDAI MATRIX MOSTLY TOWN DRIVING BUT
SEVERAL TIMES A MONTH 400 KM R/T FROM CHANIA TO HERAKLION. GOOD HANDLING ON POOR MOUNTAINEOUS ROADS EXCEPT WHEN WET. POOR GRIPPING ON WET HILLS ESPECIALLY FROM A
STANDING STOP WHEN THE TIRES SPIN AND FRONT END SKIDS. HAD THE DEALER CHECK THE FRONT END AND WAS TOLD ITS THE TIRES. WILL TRY ANOTHER BRAND.

Helpful 7 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2020
Given 93% while driving a Honda Insight Hybrid Gen 2 (175/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
Please note: I am not a racing driver, I don't take hairpin bends at full speed, I don't pile into roundabouts at twice the legal limit in the rain and I never stand on the brakes or stamp on the accelerator hard enough to cause wheelspin. Now read on.

Dry grip is absolutely as good as anything else. Wet grip is very good indeed - way good enough for a successful emergency stop by an averagely alert driver who isn't texting. So don't sweat it. Very comfortable over varied UK road surfaces and really soak up bumps, ruts and tramlines. Extremely quiet on the motorway.

Haven't had these long enough to fully address wear yet, but have been assured they will do well on that score. No visible wear after 2000 miles.

I'm very pleased with these tyres and I'm glad I bought them. If you want a great value real-world no-surprises quality touring tyre for your small or mid-size car that instils confidence and is comfortable and quiet during everyday UK driving, then this is it. Guaranteed not to flip your car over on its roof or make it burst into flames - in my view, if you're not getting good grip in the wet or you come close to losing it catastrophically in a bend then you should really be looking at your driving, you maniac. It's. Not. Your. Tyres.
Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 VTEC Sport (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
even after 5 years of age, still giving the same characterictic as of new
Helpful 18 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2019
Given 51% while driving a Ford Focus MK2 2.0 TDCI Sedan (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Dry grip is okay on most of the road, however wet grip is very very bad, easily understeer and hydroplaning even there are 70% thread left. The tyre itself will easily deform when cornering too hard, felt as of the tyre is deflated in the middle of a corner and lost its ability to hold it's integrity.

I almost crash my car multiple times due to the tyre understeer on a wet road. I would never buy this tyre again, at least for the car I am driving, for a lighter car might suit.

The tyre sidewall isn't stiff enough therefore contribute some degree of body roll as well.
Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2019