Yokohama A Drive

The Yokohama A Drive is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 71% over 434,589 miles driven.

The A Drive is ranked 84th of 127 Summer Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama A Drive
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama A Drive
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama A Drive. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

A Drive Prices

Top 3 Yokohama A Drive Reviews

Given 64% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta MKV 2.5 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 38,000 average miles
Good tires, they lasted over 65.000 km but now it´s time to change them.
Acceptable performance, but little bit noisy and rigid. Probably my next buy will improve to CDrive 2 or Decibel. Greetings from south america.
36 - tyre reviewed on September 18, 2013
Given 66% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3Multijet 75bhp (185/70 R15 T) on mostly motorways for 42,000 spirited miles
Had used this tyres with my Fiat Punto and it was just good for 42K KMs and became bald in sides. Also the Tyre wall was very soft to make the drive comfortable.
Road Grip was good in dry condition and in wet condition, it was aquaplaning. The tyre wear is too high.
The driving was mixed in City and Highways (India) and returned good mileage, but not great.
12 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2017
Given 53% while driving a Ford Laser (185/65 R14) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I bought these because they are yokohama and I prioritised grip over all else. What a mistake! Wet weather grip is downright dangerous. My kids will be driving this car in 3 months and I will be changing these tyres (with 80% grip on them).
7 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2019
Have you driven on the Yokohama A Drive tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama A Drive? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama A Drive >

Latest Yokohama A Drive Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 4,350 average miles
I have driven 7k km and I have to say that I' m very surprised how good the tyres are. I got them for less than 30€ per tyre, which is fu*king awesome price/performance ratio. Grip in dry is good enough for moderate driving ( highway, city, country roads). I wouldn't recommend it to speedy drivers (it's not high performance tire). Not perfect in wet cornering, even though it losese grip progresively and I would say it is very predictable( I don't have an ESP). Otherwise no aquaplaning issues in wet. I believe models with lower sidewall are even better in dry. Noise level is acceptable. Wear is good (1mm in 7k km). I would buy them again definitely, and most important I trust them.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2016
Given 67% while driving a Kia Motors (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Tyre performed fairly good for the price, wet and dry grip was adequate.
Noise levels were a bit high.
Sidewall is quite stiff, survived a wheel destroying pothole.
Wear was pretty good considering my spirited driving style (30000KM)
Only thing stopping me from buying them again is the noisy symmetrical pattern.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2014
Given 86% while driving a Citroën C3 (185/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Confortable tire, but don't excepect much grip from it. The grip is worse than the Goodyear Eagle Excellence and the Nexen CP661 that I had in the same car. However it was the most comfortable and silent.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2014
Given 51% while driving a Toyota camry (205/65 R15) on mostly town for 60 average miles
Camry SVX 20

I bought these tires for couple years ago, I think it sucks. I felt it quite hard surface since the first 10,000 km. And it's so noise after 20,000 km.

Absolutely, I won't go back to use it
0 - tyre reviewed on February 21, 2014
Given 94% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 6N (165/70 R13) on a combination of roads for 9 spirited miles
Really good tyres, very impressed, the tyres felt like a proper track tyre. Stiffer side walls but not compremising the ride, tyre squeel is very minimal they are so controllable on and near the limit in all conditions, 100% advise anyone to buy these where possible
1 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2013
Given 84% while driving a MG Midget Mk3 (155/70 R13 T) on mostly country roads for 16,000 spirited miles
Overall very pleased indeed - highly recommended

Dry
grip is very good, the car can be taken through bends with great confidence, I've never got near the limits of grip in the dry, braking is very good

Wet
grip is good but because the dry grip is so good in the wet it is noticably less so but still at a high level handling and braking are also still good

Wear
considering the amount of grip and it's a peformance tyre the wear is very good

Comfort
again very good, noise is low too

Buy again
yes certainly as a performance tyre it is very good value
0 - tyre reviewed on February 4, 2012
Given 80% while driving a Toyota Avensis (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Just fitted 4 brand new yokohama A drive tyres last Sept 29,2011 to my Toyota Avensis SR 1999. Excellent grip wet/dry road.Nice test drive to M5.For me,I like the performance of this tyres. I'll buy Yokohama brand again in the future.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2011
Given 40% while driving a Subaru Impreza (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
This tyres came with my car (Subaru Impreza 2008)
Worst from first day until now.
Low grip both dry and wet.
Poor in corners.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2011
Given 44% while driving a Toyota Corolla (175/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Good DRY tires for the money. Absolutely horrific the the wet, would not recommend them to anyone. Once at their limit in wet conditions, the is a very fine line between grip and zero-control. Nothing is going to stop them from slipping uncontrolably. I'm an experienced driver (50.000 mile/year ourier). Have driven and owned classis and new cars with front and rear wheel drive; anything between the lastest BMW 7 series to 70's detroit steel. I use my 97 corolla as a daily driver.

Why i don't recommend these tires: I just merged onto the highway with 50mph (80km/hr), front lost some grip, I let go of the gas, car still refused to grip and went sideways. As I kept steering into the turn with no gas and a little braking to stabilize, I tried straightening the steering wheel to let the front tires grip, the car's weight shifted from left to right in a split second. Back wheels lost grip the same second, now at 40mph (64km/hr), the car started spinning. As we slid onto the highway, we were now facing backwards, I applied full brake to avoid hitting the divider. Wheels locked up, and the right side got onto the dirt in the center of the road, zero grip on the right side going offroad... The center dicider proved more effective at stopping ht car than these yokohama a-drive.... What's in a name....

Now, I'm not a race driver. So it's up to you to decide whether this is human fault or just plain bad tires. You decide.

I only know one set of tires that I would rate worse: the General XP2000 tires (now discontinued, thank G*d).

Also, only 1 set of tires I would rate stellar in any and all conditions except for snow: Goodyear Eagle F1's, they do come at a slightly higher price though. But well worth it. Those things only loose grip after your face is torn of by excessive g-forces.

My recommendation for the Yokohama a-drive: Buy only if you feel suicidal.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2011
Given 71% while driving a Honda crx del sol VTI (195/50 R15) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
after giving the tyres a good 200 miles i found the grip to be super to be fair. The wet roads were near as good grip as the dry. I noticed not much difference in fuel use. The steering was smooth to. All in i would buy again
0 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2010
Given 70% while driving a Citroën xsara picasso (185/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
Sold as a Premium Brand, but really are just an expensive Mid-range brand. Nothing spectacular, they just work. Noisy on Motorways, wore down to legals in 15,000 miles. Nonetheless, I feel confident in them and will buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2010
Given 57% while driving a Skoda fabia 3 hatchback (165/70 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 42 easy going miles
Advertised as a low rolling resistance tyre, I was taken aback by the increase in noise over the OEM Dunlop SP10A's of the same size when I drove it out of the tyre suppliers yard. Soon found out where the energy for all the noise was coming from as MPG dropped from a 46mpg average to 41mpg. Wears better than the Dunlops, but not by enough to pay for the extra fuel. Pretty well worn out at 22,000 miles (Dunlops shot at 20,000m).
0 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2010