Achilles A/TR Sport

The Achilles ATR Sport is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 49 tyre reviews averaging 51% over 392,320 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2012 Autobild 50 Tyre Braking Test - 29th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles ATR Sport
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Achilles ATR Sport. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Achilles ATR Sport Reviews

Given 56% while driving a Subaru 2008 subaru impreza sti (240/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 3 spirited miles
Wet weather? No. I have a 2008 Sti making about 250whp. In the rain it drives like it's rwd. It loses traction like no tomorrow. Now dry weather handling is quite surprising considering they at as cheap as they are. Probably would by again if I was in a money crunch and couldn't afford good high performance tires.
143 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2016
Given 30% while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
simple- bad tyre, rubber is very hard, even on smooth road car i very noisy, you feel like you are inside the drum, tyres was balanced but car was very bumpy. This tyres probably last long( I don’t know if in this case is advantage), I got puncture in 2 wheels,local shop only had Achilles tyres, after 2 weeks torture I’ve bin them and got Michelin , if you’re nearly deaf and road around you is bumpy probably you will like this tyres,especially the price is low .
14 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Hyundai elantra (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Awful grip be it in dry or wet. While cruising on expressway, it was dry, going above 100kmh will got me swinging from left to right even when my steering remain straight. Dry grip is so terrible.

I'm wet, non existent.

The only good thing is that it will never wear out.

Do not buy this. I repeat. Do not buy this. I've just replaced with Michelin PS4 and never look back.
13 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2018
Have you driven on the Achilles ATR Sport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Achilles ATR Sport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Achilles ATR Sport >

Latest Achilles ATR Sport Reviews

Given 65% while driving a Nissan Skyline V35 (225/40 R19) on a combination of roads for 15,000 spirited miles
All the reviews you read here are true. Although they last well and are quite good on the dry the wet grip is terrible. Very easy to spin the tires coming from a stop (although fun when done on purpose) but loosing it on the wet and have even hydroplaned on a highway/motorway so I have absolutely no trust in them when there's any sign on water.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2020
Given 39% while driving a Mazda 6 Series (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 30 average miles
Never again! Avoid those ones
1 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2020
Given 44% while driving a Ford ba falcon (245/40 R18) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
I bought my BA11 XR6 with the tyres fitted, probably because it needed them for the roadworthy. Although it's a ute, I did not expect such poor rear grip. I swear the last time I had such miserable handling, the tyres were cross-ply! I'm not earning at the moment, so I can't afford to just throw away 12 month old tyres, but I am just waiting for the day when they are worn enough to ditch. To have such a nice car and have to drive it like a grandma is utterly frustrating. It's literally the only complaint I have with my 13yo car.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2020
Given 33% while driving a BMW 535d M Sport (275/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
Avoid at all cost !!! I've recently bought a BMW 535D with these tyres on and the car is dangerous in the damp and lethal in the wet. I intend to get them changed asap before the traction control wears out as it's working overtime even under moderate acceleration. I hope this review saves lives !!!
2 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2020
Given 20% while driving a Nissan Nissan Altima U13 1996 (205/50 R18) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
Im using this tyre for about less than a year, the side wall start to crack. Not only 1 crack, but 3 cracks. At the price of this tyre, safety are not priority on this tyre. It was slippery during dry and very worst at wet road. I use this tyre as daily, using at downhill and wet road are the worst experience ever on this tyre. Plus, its quite noisy on dry road.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2020
Given 47% while driving a Satria Neo (205/50 R16 V) on track for 2,000 spirited miles
"You get what you pay for". Funny how a tyre with the word "sport" in it is worse than a normal road or eco tyres in the market. Went on multiple track sessions, from technical autocross courses, tight karting like circuits and high speed f1 circuits. The undeersteer in these are phenomenal. Its not as noticeable in the high speed circuits but im struggling for grip in the other courses. The tread pattern itself lasts a long time but with only a few undesteering screeching, im starting to lose alot of rubber on the edges. Daily road use wise, its as good as an average economy tyre. Noise is slightly loud but bearable for me. Recommended you decrease your speed on wet roads because its prone to hydroplanning, although i gotta admit for a "sport tyre", its not that bad in wet conditions. Id say, if youre not looking for extra quality tyres for your 'A to B' commute, by all means. It lasts quite sometime and its cheap. Plus, it looks nice. Its my fault bringing this tyre to a track but with a proclaimed level like this, I would've imagine it could atleast keep up with the ventus12 evo 2 or the ps31. I know i couldve opted for semi slicks but im trying to not go overkill. Im experimenting on multiple tyres. Final words, if you dont mind low end tyres, you're not going racing (apart from weekend drift sessions), really on a budget, then go for it. But if you have a specific trim and standards youre searching and looking for in a tyre, then i can tell you, search deeper
4 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2020
Given 24% while driving a BMW 530i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Horrible!
Minimal traction in normal conditions, atrocious in the wet. Traction control continuously intervenes especially if there are any road undulations.
The older they get the harder they become and the traction issues are only compounded.
Avoid at all costs!
10 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2019
Given 49% while driving a Daihatsu Perodua Myvi (205/45 R16) on mostly motorways for 0 spirited miles
Not really good in the wet. Okay in dry. Very noisy as it harden with time.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2019
Given 46% while driving a Mercedes Benz C250 CDI Blutec (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 250 average miles
These tyres are lethal!!!even in slightly rainy conditions , I found my car fishtailing under moderate acceleration in a straight line and I just managed to catch two rear end slides at junctions and roundabout. Seriously do not buy no matter how cheap . I have been driving for 50 years and have had many performance cars, so I have a fair idea how to drive them. I have never been as frightened in a car before. I immediately went to another dealer and got Michelin sr4s ...confidence back now.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2019

I'm wet, non existent.

The only good thing is that it will never wear out.

13 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2018