Continental ContiCrossContact LX

The Continental ContiCrossContact LX is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

This tyre has been replaced by the Continental ContiCrossContact LX 2.

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 68% over 277,129 miles driven.

The ContiCrossContact LX is ranked 16th of 18 All Season Premium Touring tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental ContiCrossContact LX

Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
225/65 R17 102T   B C 71 11.27kgs
245/65 R17 111T XL   E E 72 16.36kgs
255/60 R18 112V XL   C C 73 15.50kgs
265/60 R18 110T XL   E C 72 17.93kgs

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Continental ContiCrossContact LX. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Continental ContiCrossContact LX Reviews

Given 89% while driving a Honda CRV (225/65 R17 T) on a combination of roads for 40,000 easy going miles
This is the second set of tyres from new, & a change of pattern from the originally fitted tyres which wore out at 15k miles. I bought these on a deal, and I am changing one pair after 25k miles. I have been pleased overall with these tyres but I am a little fed up with the tendency of Continental tyres wearing unevenly, this is the fourth set of continentals on all model cars I have owned.
Helpful 64 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2012
Given 80% while driving a Honda CRV (225/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 easy going miles
Great tyre. Good dry and wet grip. Excellent aquaplanning resistance, feels very safe. Good fuel consumption rating ... A little noisy on motorways ...
Would buy again but probably replaced by LX2?
Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Renault Koleos (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Good in all aspects. Perhaps it has coincided that I punctured more than with other tires. A little weak in compound and sidewalls.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on November 21, 2016
Have you driven on the Continental ContiCrossContact LX tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Continental ContiCrossContact LX? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Continental ContiCrossContact LX >

Latest Continental ContiCrossContact LX Reviews

Given 59% while driving a Volvo XC60 (/45 R20) on mostly motorways for 29 spirited miles
Pretty good tire until unusual wear pattern starting show on 3 of the 4 tires. They were on a brand new Volvo XC60 T6 AWD(2019) and had to be changed out at 29k miles. No warranty since it was a new car purchase. On my way to try a set of Pirelli Pzero A/S tires. I drive almost exclusively on California freeways.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2022
Given 10% while driving a Volvo XC60 (255/45 R20) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Worst tire I have ever had! We started to notice premature wear at 25,000 Kim’s, by 35,000 the wear was down to 2/32 and 3/32 and the foam core delaminated from the rubber. I have never had to replace tires on a brand new vehicle this early!
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2022
All Season VS Winter Tyres: What is REALLY Best?! Click to find out!
Given 64% while driving a Ford Ranger (265/60 R18 T) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
The tyres were good initially but after approximately 5000 miles they started to become vague, especially during wet cornering. This reduces driving speeds in the wet. The tyres are wearing very well, with the tread even across all four tyres. The tyres probably have about 50% life remaining which is excellent. They are standing up well to rough roads and to potholes.
Helpful 8 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Honda 1.6 I DTEC (225/65 R17 T) on mostly country roads for 27,000 spirited miles
These Continental Cross Contact LX on my CRV were the original OEM tyre fitted. I have fitted another two pairs since I bought the vehicle new. First front pair lasted 23,000 miles, then fitted four new all round at 50,000 miles. The Continentals wear quicker than the Michelins on my previous CRV I owned, but give far more grip in the wet and the dry. In snow they are reasonably good, although not up to the standard of a full winter tyre. They are relatively quiet, give reasonable feedback and I will certainly be buying them again when the need arises.
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2019
Mercedes Benz (225/50 R19) on mostly town for 30 average miles
I have had the factory installed Continental Cross Contact Sport tires on my 2013 Mercedes ML 350. This is the second ML 350 I have owned. In total I have had 5 sidewall failures on the Continental tires. I have used both Micheline and Pirelli tires as replacement tires on these vehicles and never had a problem.
Granted I take my vehicle on gravel roads to a fishing club I belong to but I have been going there for over 30 years as have 40 other members and I have never had a problem with any other vehicle or tire combination. No other member has ever had a sidewall failure. Both Mercedes and Continental refuse to take this issue seriously. I can only imagine that the Continental tires are poorly constructed or they are inadequate for this vehicle.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Very good tire. Manages hot asphalt on the highway and mountain slush impressively well. Not too expensive. Looks good too.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2013
Given 74% while driving a Kia Motors Sorento EX 2.5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles

no problems at all in all respects. i deal in tyres and can get whatever i want but i thought id try these out.
got over 60.000kms out of a set(although i do swap them back to front, keep an eye on pressures and balancing)
bought another set as they seem to be good alrounders for this car.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2013
Given 33% while driving a Nissan Pathfinder (255/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
These tyres are very noisy at speed and offer very little grip in wet conditions, cant imagine what they will be like when the snow arrives, can't wait to change them for good old general grabbers, I would NOT recommend or buy these tyres, the only reason they are on the car is that they were on it when I bought it
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2012
Given 69% while driving a Toyota Hilux mk6 3.0 (265/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 30 average miles
Dry grip is excellent and when pushed, the slip angles aren't so scary that you find yourself pointing in the direction you came from. +'ve and -'ve acceleration were good.

Wet grip was reasonable. Not as good as I hoped around corners but having said that, they gave you plenty of feedback and did nothing unexpected. Braking was ok but it was possible to wake the traction control system up if you accelerated from traffic lights with too much enthusiasm.
Aquaplaning in standing water wasn't a problem in the first 6 months, but as the tread reduced I found myself avoiding puddles.

Cold weather/snow. Until the rubber warmed a little, I found these tyres would not give good grip on asphalt. The first five miles would need to be driven with caution (I guess this is true of many tyres) I was hoping these would do better for the shorter trips in cold weather)

Yes, I do high mileage. Mostly on A-roads and Motorways. These tyres are now down to 2mm tread depth after less than a year. I was hoping for maybe two years out of them.

I probably won't buy them again. I'm going to try Michelin Latitude Cross.
Helpful 4 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2012