Cooper Discoverer A/T3

The Cooper Discoverer AT3 is a All Terrain and Off Road All Season tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4s.

This tyre has been replaced by the Cooper Discoverer AT3 Sport.

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 255,355 miles driven.

The Discoverer A/T3 is ranked 29th of 46 All Season All Terrain and Off Road tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Cooper Discoverer AT3

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Cooper Discoverer AT3

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Cooper Discoverer AT3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Discoverer AT3 Prices

Top 3 Cooper Discoverer AT3 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero (265/65 R17 R) on mostly country roads for 62 average miles
Hi,after the two previous sets of coopers at they were very quiet on my older model toyota and 1999 pajero,but now at 62,000 and will know doubt do 90,000 plus, on my 2011 monocoque pajero diesel they now since being recently rotatated,balanced and wheel aligned which i do every 10,000 any way now sound like full winter treads on the pajero,so noisy you would think you had the wrong set of tyres put back on your vehicle.
Helpful 79 - tyre reviewed on August 1, 2014
Given 84% while driving a (265/65 R18 T) on for 0 miles
I see all of this feedback relating to the tires in SoAfrica, but I live here in the US - New England. These tires rock in the winter. We had 9+ feet (3 meters) of snow in one month that I ran these tires, and I didn''t need to shovel in to my pickup to my home. Only tire I've had that was better here was Armstrong's Tru Trac. Unfortunately, Perelli bought them and discontinued the beast.
Helpful 25 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2016
Given 67% while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (235/75 R15) on a combination of roads for 72,222 easy going miles
When bought I saw no rim protecting was there, but many haven't. As long as quite new, all OK. Good grip on rocks, trails, mud and snow. When some 4mm left, you start to feel the road's inclinations, etc. When they are at the advised tyre pressure, they still look and feel like far too soft. Now 117,000 kms done and that's great. Two of the four need replacement. Only if they are competitive in price I would buy them again.
Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2017
Have you driven on the Cooper Discoverer AT3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Cooper Discoverer AT3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Cooper Discoverer AT3 >

Latest Cooper Discoverer AT3 Reviews

Mitsubishi (265/70 R18) on a combination of roads for 11 average miles
11,000 miles on these tyres and they have hardly worn at all so far. Very little noise from them when driving on the road and just enough tread on them for a little off road fun. I will buy again and I would highly recommend these tyres.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2022
Given 43% while driving a Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0D4 D legend 45, D/C (265/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 easy going miles
This being my first set of Cooper Tyres, i was really interrested in them due to the claimed mileage and also being really solid and tough. after the first 15000km i found that the rubber started delaminating and one tyre became unable to balance. The quality is in fact very very poor. The dry grip is exceptional, handling on loose dirt and gravel is brilliant. i think that the mileage is very good so far, but i have decided to remove them and get some thing else. I have lost trust in them and just dont feel like a high speed issue. As they haver aged i also feel that they take control of the vehicle in quiet an aggressive manner it feels like i have to wrestle the steering when driving on tar that is un-even, previous branded tyres i did not have that issue.I would never buy these tyres again.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on March 17, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 80% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/60 R16) on mostly country roads for 15 average miles
Have the Coopers on my Land Cruiser 70 Series RKR, they work better than any other tyre I have tried.Excellent off road performance in the most adverse conditions in Pakistan deserts and mountains. 20,000 KM and going strong.
Helpful 14 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2016
Given 80% while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (265/70 R16) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Bought set of 4 for my Pajero and done 20k km with them. They great for normal high way driving.
Totally disappointed in their strength, durability and build quality, picked up 2 tiny pin hole leaks on the side wall, south African bush is tough.

The final straw came when on the freeway and I picked up a slow puncture, didn't hit any object. Took tyre off and found a large tear on the inside of the tyre. Now Cooper tire is saying its a wrong application. Really why pay premium price and when you do 10% offroad you EXPECT tyres to perform. I've also been told from reliable source that the AT3 is not suitable for AFRICA (South African) condition and that the AT3 LT is the tyre they should have been selling in out Market (subsequently now being offered in SA)
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2016
Given 65% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 2 (265/70 R16) on a combination of roads for 38,000 average miles
I'd bought these tires as I got them at a great price $585 fitted!! I used for a combination of mostly on road with average amount off off road ing. Off road included the desert which it managed pretty well once aired down as well as handled gravel trails and inclines with ease but lost grip climbing rocky trails/ hills. These were great and u used them for 38K miles but the law in UAE dictates that tires can be used no longer than 3 years from the date of production. They do have a bit of tread however wouldnt purchase it again as I'd want something a bit more aggressive, perhaps the Cooper STT.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2015
Given 56% while driving a Isuzu KB 280 DT 4x4 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
I had to replace 4 of those tyres due to unrepearable punctures on gravel roads before i could get 20 000km. Kak tyre. Will not buy it again.
Helpful 3 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2014
Given 84% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (285/70 R17) on mostly country roads for 60,000 spirited miles
This tyre improved my Landcruiser 200 series in all road and bush applications
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2013
Given 92% while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 wagon (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 45 average miles
I have just fitted these tyres to my Pajero and already I am very impressed. A lot quieter than the ATR's and the grip in the dry is exceptional. I got 70,000 k's from my ATR's and I expect to get the same or more from the AT3's.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2011