Laufenn S fit EQ

The Laufenn S fit EQ is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre has been replaced by the Laufenn S Fit EQ Plus.

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 45,207 miles driven.

The S fit EQ is ranked 101st of 129 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2020 ADAC SUV Summer Tyre Test - 12th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry
  • Negative - Very weak in the wet
  • Overall - Not Recommended

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 44th of 45 tyres

2018 New and Worn Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 17 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Laufenn S fit EQ
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Laufenn S fit EQ. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

S fit EQ Prices

Top 3 Laufenn S fit EQ Reviews

Given 77% while driving a Volkswagen Golf R32 MK4 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
Had these tyres fitted when we got our Golf R32. Tread pattern is very similar to the Hankook H452 that I run on another car in the exact same size.
Compound is also very similar at a fraction of the cost. They look almost as if they came out of the same factory (with the same font and size stamping).
In terms of driving feel, I can’t fault these tyres. Excellent dry and wet performance with good low road noise. Car also had brand new rotors, pads and fluids so this helped benchmark the test.
They feel very similar to the Hankook S1Noble2, no surprise since they both made in Indonesia by Hankook and very likely to be from the same factory.
97 - tyre reviewed on November 19, 2017
Given 91% while driving a Suzuki 2010 sx4 AWD cross over (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Decided to give these a try based on price point instead of going with the bridgestones I normally and wow was I impressed. Looks like laufenn/hankook really stepped up the game with this tyre in terms of value for money. Really balanced wet and dry performance and I’ve yet to actually find the limits to these tyres.
34 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2017
Volkswagen (235/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
I had two fronts recently fitted to replace the hankook tyres that I was very pleased with but couldn't get stock anywhere. Laufenn is a "cheaper" brand made and marketed by hankook, which I thought I'd try as they sat in my price range. I didn't know what to expect, and given past experience of the cheaper tyre ranges (Nankang particularly) I was expecting great dry traction but very poor wet handling (Nankang feeling down right dangerous in that respect). However, I'm very very pleased that they are equally good in the wet as they are in the dry. Can't comment on how well they last in terms of mileage as they have only just been fitted, but if I can get 12,000 out of them like the hankooks they replace then happy days. Didn't know the laufenn brand before but do now! Would recommend!
33 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2017
Have you driven on the Laufenn S fit EQ tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Laufenn S fit EQ? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Laufenn S fit EQ >

Latest Laufenn S fit EQ Reviews

Given 51% while driving a Renault Clio 172 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 500 miles
Bought these as a recommended replacement to some excellent Vetus Primes on my Renault Sport Clio 172. I wish I hadn't! Grip is sort of there, but the tyre walls are so flimsy that any aggressive corner results in: weave wobble boing boing "oh my god I'm gonna crash!!!!" I genuinely thought something important on the suspension had broken, they're that bad. They've been on around a month, and to be honest, I'm just about ready to take a financial hit and replace them with something (anything!) else with some actual handling characteristics. In short: if you drive like Miss Daisy then they're not bad, but if you have a car with more than 60hp and you enjoy going round bends without worrying then I'd avoid these.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2021
Given 58% while driving a Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro (255/35 R19) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Fitment - 2014 A4 B8.5 S-Line wagon, 2.0T Normal city driving, all year around Dry weather performance - no issues, grip fine, low noise, good wear Wet weather performance - poor. Front tyres lose traction under moderate corner acceleration resulting in low speed understeer. No problem with straight line and sweeping bends grip but would not recommend pushing these tyres in the wet. Recommendation - summer-only tyres - ok. Winter or all-round use - avoid.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover Sport (275/40 R20) on mostly town for 7 easy going miles
I bought s used car with a mixture of Blacklion and Hifly tyres. I taught I needed a wheel bearing until my mechanic said it was the road noise. He offered the Laufenn and the car was transformed into a quite cruiser. I don’t do big mileage or drive hard so I don’t need a premium performance tyre. Just something quiet, stops me in the rain and doesn’t feel detached from the steering wheel, Laufenn does all that at a good price and my fuel consumption is a little lighter. No issues with 12,000 kms todate.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2020
Given 70% while driving a Volvo S40 1.6d (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I own the tires on VOLVO S40 1.6 116 horse power The tires have their advantages: Excellent grip on dry, Very well grip on wet with almost no sliding on heavy water. Low noise levels and very good feedback on the steering wheel. Disadvantages: The tires wear is average (that is expected considering the good grip levels) They perform not well at speeds higher than 170 kmh. The rubber is soft and higher internal temperatures makes the tire lose the ground. Not recommended for heavy vehicles or high speeds.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2020
Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz A45 (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Had a brand new set of 4 of this tyre come with the car when I bought it. Not a tyre I’ve enjoyed at all. Really loud road noise which progressively gets worse and worse as they wear. Grip was very sketchy at times with the car skipping out on me a few times in the dry and worse so in the wet. After 9,000 miles of moderate to hard driving (with launches) the front has around 3 to 3.5mm left and the rear is around 5 to 5.5mm left.

I’m replacing them early due to the noise and the lack of suitability for this car, they may perform a lot better on something with less performance.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2020
Given 61% while driving a Honda Accord (205/60 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 1,200 spirited miles
I purchased 4 of these tyres to replace the Michelin Primacy LC's which were due for replacement. As my car is getting a lot older I decided that it may not be worth paying the extra for Michelin which I have been using on this car for 8 years. I have only done approx. 2000kms on them and it was very noticeable that the turn in response was poor and that the tyres could be heard scrubbing on the same bends that the Michelins just gripped and felt like you were driving on rails. The Laufenns are a quiet tyre when new but even after 2000km they have become a little noisier and have a feeling of vagueness in the straightahead position and the smoothness of the Michelins is absent.
Laufenns are good value for money as the Michelins are nearly twice the price and they would suit an average driver.
16 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2018