Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3

The Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 139,901 miles driven.

The MP 47 Hectorra 3 is ranked 66th of 131 Summer Ultra High Performance tyres.

2020 Tyre Market Overview Braking Test - 33rd of 49 tyres

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 36th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

MP 47 Hectorra 3 Prices

Top 3 Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3 Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Opel ASTRA H 1.6 TURBO (225/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
First time on non-premium tyres (€ 72,00 per corner fitted) replacing a set of excellent PIRELLI P ZERO ROSSO ASIMETRICO (bargain price at € 95.00 per corner fitted 4 years ago - nice wear lasting already 60.000 km after an axle change at 40.000 km - great dry and wet grip as new - vast diminuation after 15.000 km). So far excellent dry grip (braking and acceleration comparable to new Pirellis' and factory's ContiSportContact2) and an improvement on comfort compared to both of them, probably because of claimed softer sidewalls (fine ride and acceptable noise up to 100 km/h).
Re-review after several thousands of kilometres on both wet and dry, curious to see cornering abilities. Not yet scoring for wet grip - road feedback, progressivenes, wear and buy again.
240 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2016
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Passat TFSI 2.0 Sport (200bhp) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,500 spirited miles
purchased a set of 4, 235/40/18, for my passat tfsi 2.0. having replaced dunlop sportmaxx rt. driven 8.700 km so far and positively surprised by a so called "cheap" tyre. very good grip in both dry and wet conditions, not to mention their low noise and very good
comfort levels.
51 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (245/35 R18 W) on for 5,000 miles
Perfect tyres
48 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2018
Have you driven on the Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3 >

Latest Matador MP 47 Hectorra 3 Reviews

Given 29% while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra 280 (235/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Probably the worst tyres I ever had, barely grips in the dry and even worse in the rain.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Skoda (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1 average miles
Bought these for my 2006 Skoda Fabia 1.2 (not exactly a car to set the world alight with so-called power). These tyres were a welcome upgrade from the cheap things that were on it when I purchased the car. These tyres were very good in the dry and made the car feel very planted on the road, however, in the wet they'd be absolutely hopeless as they'd be very prone to spin when setting off at the likes of roundabouts. I'd only buy these again if they were better in the wet.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2021
Given 73% while driving a BMW 2013 320i (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Fitted to A BMW 3 series having had Pirelli P Zero before and to be honest the only difference I have noticed is the money left in my wallet
3 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2021
Given 70% while driving a Chevrolet Orlando (225/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I have driven around 10k km on these tyres and I have mixed feelings. GOOD: - very good dry grip - tyres are really quiet - decent handling and road feedback - perfect price BAD: - average wear - everything gets worse when it starts raining, tyres have absolutely no grip o wet! (compare to other tyres I had like Dunlop Bluresponse or even very average Bridgestone Turanza ER300) - surprisingly when it rains more they have good aquaplaning resistance NOTE: - based on size they can be made in Slovakia, France, Germany etc. I have feeling that those from Western Europe are different, my parents in law have 205/55/16 from Germany and when you touch the rubber it feels different
13 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2020
Given 57% while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.2 (165/70 R14) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Matador tyres are very popular budget brand in my country (Slovakia). Therefore pricing on these is really attractive and only reason for which I would consider them again. These tyres are decent in the dry, but in rainy weather they get slippery, especially in colder conditions (7-15 C as it is still a summer tyre). They are so bad in the wet that I am always looking forward to my Sava Eskimo hp2 when the autumn starts. and it does tell you something about a summer tyre when it gives the driver less confidence then economy winter tyre on the wet. Another complaint about these tyres is the soft side wall, so I would strongly advise against these for a sporty drive. I regularly drive on these also in 205/50 R15 size, and they are slightly more bearable.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2020
Given 47% while driving a BMW 530i (265/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Wery bad on water
13 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Ford Mondeo 1.6 TDCi (215/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
After 40000 km it is time to change the mp47. The verdict. Very good traction in wet and dry conditions, good traction in snow and very good wear and definitely I would buy them again. For the price or even for a premium brand it is a very good deal!
12 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2019
Given 64% while driving a Subaru Legacy IV (BP) 2.0i wagon (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 12,000 spirited miles
I had these on the back of my four wheel drive estate. They lasted 12,000 miles through summer and never lost grip in the wet or dry, but it would be more interesting to try them on the front next time. Aside from average wear resistance, the only issue I have with them is the necessity to inflate the tyres slightly over recommended/other brands to make them sit comfortably. I think for the right price these can be a good middle range tyre. They DID loose grip when heavily worn in the wet, actually quite considerably. Not a problem when new/moderately worn.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Fiat Bravo (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
I have 35000 km with this tyres it's fantastic
14 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Nissan Almera 1.6 saloon (195/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 1,000 average miles
First 1000km and only positive things to say. First time buying low budget tyres and i think i'll do it again. Previous tyres bridgestone TURANZA ER300. Very happy with those too, but expensive and harder sidewalls and noisy above 110-120 km
25 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2019
Given 41% while driving a Vauxhall 1.4 auto mk3 (235/45 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Fitted these to an Astra GTC and totally ruined the car. They were cheap, but you get what you pay for. If the road is wet I have to slow right down, and on a wet roundabout I get loads of understeer. These are dangerous in the wet, but ok if the road is dry. I will go back to the Bridgestones I had before.
29 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2018
Given 77% while driving a BMW 318d M Sport Touring (E91) (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Overall in terms of grip and comfort very good tires for the price, compared to continental sportcontact 5. I have owned matadors before (mp46) and they were really good, so i decided to buy the new model. The sidewalls are maybe a little bit too soft, but the comfort level is high and for me this was important. Mine are produced in romania and after about 4000 kms I am experiencing tire pull,which is the only negative thing I am experiencing to date. Maybe this pull is related to the softer sidewalls. I will see if warranty covers such issues, because i had an alignment and it didn't fix it.
30 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2017