Petlas Velox Sport PT741

The Petlas Velox Sport PT741 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 27 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 223,729 miles driven.

The Velox Sport PT741 is ranked 29th of 190 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741

Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Velox Sport PT741 Prices

Top 3 Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Bought a Toyota MR2-Spyder with these (185/55/15 front & 205/50/15 rear - 2014 product date) 2 years ago fitted with these (unknown to me) tyres. From the first date till now (>20.000km) I feel like I own a premium tyre. Great dry grip, feel confident on wet roads, comfort even though a little bit noisy & delivering great handling. All these notes result comparing to tyres on other (different style approach) Toyotas such as Avensis, Auris & Yaris fitted with Bridgestones Turanza T001, Uniroyal Rain Expert, Vredestein Sportrac 5, Dmack EcoXtra, Matador MP16 Stella2. Last week I bought a set of 4 for 175€ for my Yaris because the previous ones (Riken Maystorm 2 B2-lasted less than 20.000km) were unacceptable to dangerous. I noticed a great difference on handling/road resistance & even fuel economy (
Helpful 171 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Early review after 1.000 miles from Greece.the tyres are amazing irregardless of their price.its the first time I went budget after 22 years of driving premium to mid range tyres in different cars and you cant believe how good these tyres are until you use them!! I ll come back in a middle life review after 10.000 miles or so,cheers from Greece!!!
Helpful 61 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2020
Saab Automobile (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Extreme value for money; bought mine Petlas Velox Sport PT741 215/55 ZR16 97W XL for €52,19 each! Tyres are stiffer and noisier than y previous ones, mind you these have speed indicator W (V was sufficient, however these were not available in my size) and Extra Load too. You loose on comfort, for the rest superbe (given its price). Turkish manufactured tyres, never thought about before, but I gave it a try and they didn't let me down. On the contrary!
Helpful 48 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2020
Have you driven on the Petlas Velox Sport PT741 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Petlas Velox Sport PT741? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Petlas Velox Sport PT741 >

Latest Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Given 83% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 GT (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I bought 4 tires about a week ago for 300$, I could have spend less by buying cheap Chinese tires for 40$ or 50$ per tire, but I chose to give Petlas a try and I think that was a very good choice. The handling on the road was great as I drove it with high speeds (around 140-160KM/H) and you could feel the grip of the tires like they're stuck on the ground. Money/Value wise is definitely good and I recommend you to give it a try.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 17, 2022
Given 96% while driving a BMW 525d Msport (265/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
I drive a RWD BMW 5-series with more than 200hp and was very skeptical of these budget tires but they had my size (265/35/18) while no other company had it in stock at the moment. I previous had Goodyear Assyms 3 and these somehow made the Goodyears feel bad? I don't know what Petlas did here but these tyres are amazing! They handle superbly (even if you don't consider the price), they are relatively quiet, decently comfortable, and give you a ton of road feedback. Actually how quiet they are is the thing that shocked me the most... One noticable downside is that they aren't so great in the wet but you still have safe amounts of control over the car even in faster corners. Still, the tyres warmed up relatively fast meaning they were ready to go only after a few kilometers of driving! I only drove them for 10 000 kilometers so far and there are 0 issues with the tyre structure and almost no wear. Overall, an almost perfect tyre and at that price? You should be insane not to buy these!
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2022
Want the best Performance summer tyre? Click here!
Given 64% while driving a Volvo V40 Estate (205/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 18,000 spirited miles
The tyres are good for the price. They have good grip, but not excelent, they're good on wet, but not excelent, and have average comfort. My main problem with them is the deformation of the tyres. Yes, deformation, at 120-130 km/h the steering wheel starts shaking like crazy and I didn't realize where it comes from untill i got new winter tyres. Yeah, i know the roads in my country are far from perfect, but the last tyres i got didn't have that problem and I drove them the same roads, the same style I drive these Pt741. And on the top of that they are XLs.In conclusion I can say it's good tyre if you want to go budget, but I can't compare it to a premium tyre.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on March 26, 2022
Given 86% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (215/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,800 spirited miles
Excellent tires for sportyer cars with more hp. Best buy.
Helpful 2 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2022
Mercedes Benz (265/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
First time fitted Petlas on my W204 C250 CD1 some 2 months ago. Done 3000km so far. Been driving on winding hills road, highway and dirt roads under wet and dry conditions. Overall I am very impressed with the handling and road noise is very acceptable. Comparing with my experience on Conti Sport Contact 3 and Pirelli P Zero for the past 8 years, I can testify it is on par with P Zero and out perform Conti Sport Contact 3. Tire durability too early to comment.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2022
Given 70% while driving a Toyota Avensis estate 1.8 petrol (215/50 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 easy going miles
Not quiet.
Helpful 6 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2021
Given 43% while driving a BMW 330i (255/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 2,000 spirited miles
I needed to replace rear tires only as one of them had an internal cut. I always use Kumho ecsta UHP tires as I live in hot country (Egypt). I wanted to use something economical and also available in Egypt. As I didn't find a Kumho set, then I went for Petlas after I read a lot of positive reviews here. Unfortunately, the dry grip of this tire is way below average. You don't want to try sharp cornering, or try to pass a car with a kick down, you will lose handling and the tires will lose traction with the road. I only used those tires for 3000Km, and I am going to throw them away and buy a new set of Michelin PS4. Please note that my previous tires set was Kumho PS91 which is not the best, but was much better than Petlas. Not going to buy again for sure.
Helpful 16 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2021
Given 90% while driving a Lexus LS430 (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 10 easy going miles
These tyres are on a Lexus LS430 V8, so not a light or small car! It weighs over 2 tonnes. I was originally surprised to find the tread depth was only 7mm, when other tyres I have had were usually around 10mm or so. I have now done 10,000 km and they show no discernable tyre wear, still on 7mm. Mind you, at my age, (78) I don't usually drive hard now, but still have the odd GO!! I previously had GT Radials which started off pretty quiet, but quickly became very noisy, such that the car was not nice to drive, sounded like a couple of wheel bearings on their last legs! Had to get rid of them because of the excessive noise! For an inexpensive tyre, I have so far been pretty impressed with the Petlas tyres .
Helpful 5 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2021
Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I used to always buy Michelin and Continental tyres. My uncle told me about these tyres and since they are quite cheap, I just went with it and purchased these tyres. After driving for a while I was very suprised. The dry grip was better than my previous Continental Premium Contact 4 and Michelin Primacy HP. The wear is also amazing. It was still at 5 milimeters after 40-50.000 kilometers. Unfortunately I was unlucky, I think I got tyres from a bad serie, because after 40-50.000 kilometers some cracks started showing on the side of the tyre. Not major cracks, but thats the moment when I decided to change them for new tyres. The only bad thing of the tyre is the grip when there is quite some water laying on the road surface. Once (in 40-50.000 kilometers) I got into an aquaplane and honestly it kind of scared me. I didnt lose the control of the vehicle, but I lost grip for a split second, which resulted into shaking the car. Every other car around me didnt have any issues at that time. Overall they are good tyres, especialy wear wise, but when there is heavy rain, you should watch out just incase.
Helpful 1 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 VTEC Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Very smooth, comfort, and silent. Compare to the price is very hard to beat this tire. I will buy them again.
Helpful 13 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2021
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I bought a 2014 E Class with this set of tyres, the previous owner installed them. At first, I was pretty skeptical about this set of tyres because I never heard of Petlas before. Now, that being said, I was extremely impressed with both dry grip and wet grip for this brand. Handling is decent for a set of tyres like this, and comfort is relatively good, except the fact that they are a bit noisy over 100 kmh. I drove these tyres in basically all conditions, with a combined driving style (both aggressive, cruising, and city driving). Wear was the biggest jaw-dropper: they lasted for around 31.000 km, and that was just fanstastic. It's not the best set of tyres, but it is not the worst either; my verdict is that if you are on a budget, they are can work better than you expect.
Helpful 12 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 4 average miles
The tires are very good for the price class. The handling is good, driving in the wet is stable and feels secure. I've never experienced any aquaplaning with these tires and I drove in heavy rain several times on the highway. In the dry they are marvelous - I didn't expect such good behavior considering that this is a cheap tire. Noise levels are moderate to good on quality tarmac with highway speeds. This size is a XL tire - the comfort is slightly less due to reinforcing, but the stability for a heavy car is very good. My previous summer tires were Goodyear Efficient Grip - they are better handling of course, but also more expensive. Subjective noise levels were the same between Goodyear and Petlas.
Helpful 15 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2020