Petlas Velox Sport PT741

The Petlas Velox Sport PT741 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 142,819 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Bought a Toyota MR2-Spyder with these (185/55/15 front & 205/50/15 rear - 2014 product date) 2 years ago fitted with these (unknown to me) tyres. From the first date till now (>20.000km) I feel like I own a premium tyre. Great dry grip, feel confident on wet roads, comfort even though a little bit noisy & delivering great handling. All these notes result comparing to tyres on other (different style approach) Toyotas such as Avensis, Auris & Yaris fitted with Bridgestones Turanza T001, Uniroyal Rain Expert, Vredestein Sportrac 5, Dmack EcoXtra, Matador MP16 Stella2. Last week I bought a set of 4 for 175€ for my Yaris because the previous ones (Riken Maystorm 2 B2-lasted less than 20.000km) were unacceptable to dangerous. I noticed a great difference on handling/road resistance & even fuel economy (
144 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Early review after 1.000 miles from Greece.the tyres are amazing irregardless of their price.its the first time I went budget after 22 years of driving premium to mid range tyres in different cars and you cant believe how good these tyres are until you use them!! I ll come back in a middle life review after 10.000 miles or so,cheers from Greece!!!
34 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2020
Saab Automobile (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Extreme value for money; bought mine Petlas Velox Sport PT741 215/55 ZR16 97W XL for €52,19 each! Tyres are stiffer and noisier than y previous ones, mind you these have speed indicator W (V was sufficient, however these were not available in my size) and Extra Load too. You loose on comfort, for the rest superbe (given its price). Turkish manufactured tyres, never thought about before, but I gave it a try and they didn't let me down. On the contrary!
27 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2020
Have you driven on the Petlas Velox Sport PT741 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Petlas Velox Sport PT741? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Petlas Velox Sport PT741 >

Latest Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Given 81% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 4 average miles
The tires are very good for the price class. The handling is good, driving in the wet is stable and feels secure. I've never experienced any aquaplaning with these tires and I drove in heavy rain several times on the highway. In the dry they are marvelous - I didn't expect such good behavior considering that this is a cheap tire. Noise levels are moderate to good on quality tarmac with highway speeds. This size is a XL tire - the comfort is slightly less due to reinforcing, but the stability for a heavy car is very good. My previous summer tires were Goodyear Efficient Grip - they are better handling of course, but also more expensive. Subjective noise levels were the same between Goodyear and Petlas.
10 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0tdi Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I’ve has these tyres for about 2-3 years now and found them to be really good. Previously I had Bridgestones on the car but I’ve found these Petlas tyres to be equally as good. I live on the island of Madeira, which has many steep, narrow winding roads, especially in the mountains and I feel these tyres have been excellent for this region. We don’t have a great deal of rainfall during the year, so when it does rain the roads are extremely slippery, so most locals tend to drive carefully but I’ve had no problems with grip driving on rainy days. The wear has also been good and there’s still a good amount of tread left but I’m thinking about buying another set later in the year, as the price for these tyres is so reasonable.
8 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2020
Saab Automobile (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
27 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2020
34 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2020
Given 100% while driving a BMW X5 3.0 diesel (235/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,300 average miles
I used Tyrereviews to choose these tyres and I don't regret. I have bought them at the beginning of the summer season 2019 for a SUV. The car stayed idle for 2-3 months (probably driven for 300 miles or so during this period), there was no need to balance the tyres once we started driving more often. We drove another 3'000 miles after that and everything was fine. The tyres felt just normal, no annoying sound, no problems with stability, our car is a 4-wheel drive though. So far I am happy with the tyres, given that the roads in Bulgaria are not the smoothest. I would buy again.
10 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2019
Given 94% while driving a BMW 118d (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Great tyre, was skeptical before because of how cheap they. But after 12.000 km I can say without a doubt these are excellent, they don’t wear at all and the grip is excellent both in the dry and in the wet.
17 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Octavia (215/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
Good tires according to the price. Excellent on average ride.
15 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2019