Petlas Velox Sport PT741

The Petlas Velox Sport PT741 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 177,819 miles driven.

The Velox Sport PT741 is ranked 21st of 187 Summer High Performance tyres.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Velox Sport PT741. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Velox Sport PT741 Prices

Top 3 Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Given 86% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Bought a Toyota MR2-Spyder with these (185/55/15 front & 205/50/15 rear - 2014 product date) 2 years ago fitted with these (unknown to me) tyres. From the first date till now (>20.000km) I feel like I own a premium tyre. Great dry grip, feel confident on wet roads, comfort even though a little bit noisy & delivering great handling. All these notes result comparing to tyres on other (different style approach) Toyotas such as Avensis, Auris & Yaris fitted with Bridgestones Turanza T001, Uniroyal Rain Expert, Vredestein Sportrac 5, Dmack EcoXtra, Matador MP16 Stella2. Last week I bought a set of 4 for 175€ for my Yaris because the previous ones (Riken Maystorm 2 B2-lasted less than 20.000km) were unacceptable to dangerous. I noticed a great difference on handling/road resistance & even fuel economy (
155 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Early review after 1.000 miles from Greece.the tyres are amazing irregardless of their price.its the first time I went budget after 22 years of driving premium to mid range tyres in different cars and you cant believe how good these tyres are until you use them!! I ll come back in a middle life review after 10.000 miles or so,cheers from Greece!!!
39 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2020
Saab Automobile (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Extreme value for money; bought mine Petlas Velox Sport PT741 215/55 ZR16 97W XL for €52,19 each! Tyres are stiffer and noisier than y previous ones, mind you these have speed indicator W (V was sufficient, however these were not available in my size) and Extra Load too. You loose on comfort, for the rest superbe (given its price). Turkish manufactured tyres, never thought about before, but I gave it a try and they didn't let me down. On the contrary!
33 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2020
Have you driven on the Petlas Velox Sport PT741 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Petlas Velox Sport PT741? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Petlas Velox Sport PT741 >

Latest Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews

Given 71% while driving a Volkswagen (215/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 31,000 average miles
I used to always buy Michelin and Continental tyres. My uncle told me about these tyres and since they are quite cheap, I just went with it and purchased these tyres. After driving for a while I was very suprised. The dry grip was better than my previous Continental Premium Contact 4 and Michelin Primacy HP. The wear is also amazing. It was still at 5 milimeters after 40-50.000 kilometers. Unfortunately I was unlucky, I think I got tyres from a bad serie, because after 40-50.000 kilometers some cracks started showing on the side of the tyre. Not major cracks, but thats the moment when I decided to change them for new tyres. The only bad thing of the tyre is the grip when there is quite some water laying on the road surface. Once (in 40-50.000 kilometers) I got into an aquaplane and honestly it kind of scared me. I didnt lose the control of the vehicle, but I lost grip for a split second, which resulted into shaking the car. Every other car around me didnt have any issues at that time. Overall they are good tyres, especialy wear wise, but when there is heavy rain, you should watch out just incase.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2021
Given 99% while driving a Honda Civic 1.8 VTEC Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Very smooth, comfort, and silent. Compare to the price is very hard to beat this tire. I will buy them again.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2021
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I bought a 2014 E Class with this set of tyres, the previous owner installed them. At first, I was pretty skeptical about this set of tyres because I never heard of Petlas before. Now, that being said, I was extremely impressed with both dry grip and wet grip for this brand. Handling is decent for a set of tyres like this, and comfort is relatively good, except the fact that they are a bit noisy over 100 kmh. I drove these tyres in basically all conditions, with a combined driving style (both aggressive, cruising, and city driving). Wear was the biggest jaw-dropper: they lasted for around 31.000 km, and that was just fanstastic. It's not the best set of tyres, but it is not the worst either; my verdict is that if you are on a budget, they are can work better than you expect.
10 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2021
Given 81% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 4 average miles
The tires are very good for the price class. The handling is good, driving in the wet is stable and feels secure. I've never experienced any aquaplaning with these tires and I drove in heavy rain several times on the highway. In the dry they are marvelous - I didn't expect such good behavior considering that this is a cheap tire. Noise levels are moderate to good on quality tarmac with highway speeds. This size is a XL tire - the comfort is slightly less due to reinforcing, but the stability for a heavy car is very good. My previous summer tires were Goodyear Efficient Grip - they are better handling of course, but also more expensive. Subjective noise levels were the same between Goodyear and Petlas.
12 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0tdi Sport (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I’ve has these tyres for about 2-3 years now and found them to be really good. Previously I had Bridgestones on the car but I’ve found these Petlas tyres to be equally as good. I live on the island of Madeira, which has many steep, narrow winding roads, especially in the mountains and I feel these tyres have been excellent for this region. We don’t have a great deal of rainfall during the year, so when it does rain the roads are extremely slippery, so most locals tend to drive carefully but I’ve had no problems with grip driving on rainy days. The wear has also been good and there’s still a good amount of tread left but I’m thinking about buying another set later in the year, as the price for these tyres is so reasonable.
8 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2020
Given 100% while driving a BMW X5 3.0 diesel (235/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,300 average miles
I used Tyrereviews to choose these tyres and I don't regret. I have bought them at the beginning of the summer season 2019 for a SUV. The car stayed idle for 2-3 months (probably driven for 300 miles or so during this period), there was no need to balance the tyres once we started driving more often. We drove another 3'000 miles after that and everything was fine. The tyres felt just normal, no annoying sound, no problems with stability, our car is a 4-wheel drive though. So far I am happy with the tyres, given that the roads in Bulgaria are not the smoothest. I would buy again.
12 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2019
Given 94% while driving a BMW 118d (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Great tyre, was skeptical before because of how cheap they. But after 12.000 km I can say without a doubt these are excellent, they don’t wear at all and the grip is excellent both in the dry and in the wet.
18 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Octavia (215/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
Good tires according to the price. Excellent on average ride.
15 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
Excellent on dry and very good on wet. Also very quiet and good tyre wear. I did 25 000 km during 2 summers and still plenty of grip
26 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2019
Given 96% while driving a Renault grand espace 2.0 dci 175 (235/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
I would never know how good these tyres are. Only heard about them before, and am always skeptical to new or non-European tyres. But I bought a big car - Renault Grand Espace - and two of these tyres were mounted on it. So decided to buy two more of the same. Their price is cheap, and they act next to perfect. I drive a bit more aggressively, and they respond great. Wet, dry, fast, slow, consumption... No complaints from me.
18 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2018
Given 83% while driving a BMW 320 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
The tyres are excellent. I bought them after the suggestion of my father and father-in-law who both had the these tyres on their cars. Now I have placed the same tyres to my wife's car. The tyres have excellent grip in dry and wet conditions. I cannot understand much of a difference over the Goodyear and Continental tyres that I had previously. Unfortunately, the tyres are noisy. You can feel the difference in noise with the first ride. I have done more than 40.000km on high speed and country roads mostly and the tyres still have at least 15.000km without being illegal. For the everyday driving you cannot go wrong for the price.
12 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2018
Given 77% while driving a MINI Cooper D (205/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
All around good tyres, not particularly great in the wet, but Mini being a lightweight car it is not a very heavy task for these tyre to cope with so it is okay, somewhere between a 6 and an 8 depending on the amount of water on the road, as it tends aquaplan a little bit on puddles, but i guess this is what every tyre does on puddles, right?
Dry grip is good, i really had confidence in them on B roads.
On my way back home on the freeway at the exit i have some really wide but agressive curves, normally it is a 90km/h area or something like that, all the cars usually take the hairpin with about 70-90km/h, i was always just blasting on that section with speeds close to 160km/h and even above as it really was a wide section and i had the space to correct any wrongs.
My friend had some goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 i think 215 or 225 i don't remember exactly on a GOLF 5 GT, altough the power on his was 170 hp and on mine was 110, considering the weight difference wich is only about 200kg, i could literally overpass him when we were racing on roads with many corners due to the advantage i had in grip... If he took a corner with 100 km/h (about 60mph) i was always going easily 10-20 km/h faster on that corner than he was, and i think this pretty much says it all when comparing a 80 gbp or something about that tyre against a 30-40 gbp one.

Although i am saying these tyres were good for me, the wear was also good, roughly 20000 miles done with them, i cannot recommend these on heavy cars as my Mini is a lightweight car, although not very much lighter than a golf, but hey, try reaching sub 1200kg with a golf without putting lightweight 15 inch wheels or removing pretty much the whole interior from it, so yeah, can't really say how they will do for heavier cars than a Mini or clio or something comparable.
Also, as a last note, currently i own a civic 1.5 turbo fitted with stock primacy 3 and hands down i can say i had more confidence on dry with the petlas than with these, and these are literally double the price also the braking i swear was better than on the honda, despite having larger diameter discs in the back and rear.
5 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2018