Rovelo RPX 998

The Rovelo RPX 998 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 100,095 miles driven.

The RPX 998 is ranked 84th of 202 Summer Touring tyres.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 44th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Rovelo RPX 998

Questions and Answers for the Rovelo RPX 998

2018-01-25 - where are rovelo tyres made?

Rovelo tyres are made in China by parent company Sailun

2020-02-18 - What is the tread depth on a new RPG 998 tyre.

Unfortunately I'm unaware of the starting tread depth of the RPX998.

Top 3 Rovelo RPX 998 Reviews

Given 87% while driving a BMW 330 Ci Sport (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Bought full set for 220 pounds. Other priority makes are that much for one tyre. Had them on for only about 2K miles in various conditions in England and Wales so far - I am a very experienced and enthusiastic driver. MPG has improved from 29 to 34 average. Quieter and absorbing uneven/holed surfaces with greater comfort, but perhaps slightly less feedback. Grip is fine - I have no intention of attempting the lap record at the Nurburgring !

It was a risk - however I believe they are really good tyres for the money and I am very pleased with my decision. Definitely recommended.
104 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2015
Given 33% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST180 (205/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,000 miles
Got these on my 2nd hand Fiesta St on the back two tyres. Have two middle of the road on the front and i feel when going round roundabouts at even slowish speeds i can feel these start to slide out at the back. The front hold fine even with the power going through them. In the dry if you drive hard you can get it out reletivly easily but in the wet they are nearly useless. Would never consider them again. Well worth paying a bit extra for the extra saftey you get from a better tyre. I never thought tyres made as big a difference until i tried these paired with a good set. Night and day.
21 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2017
Given 76% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Blue Eff. auto (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,800 spirited miles
Replaced michelins which gave very poor mileage with a set of these. Done about 3000km and found dry handling and grip good and only marginally poorer than previous Michelin and continentals. Very good under very hard braking, limited wet mileage but appears no worse than the Michelin. Excellent value for money and quieter and more comfortable than the michelins. Time will tel about longevity but I would definitely consider buying them again
19 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2017
Have you driven on the Rovelo RPX 998 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Rovelo RPX 998? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Rovelo RPX 998 >

Latest Rovelo RPX 998 Reviews

Given 60% while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S Line (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
In 7000 to 8000 kms these tires are completely wore out on an Audi A4 all wheel drive. The rear tires are bald but the fronts are not too bad. Never seen that on an all wheel drive. Usually the fronts wear more. The tires this set replaced went over 100,000kms, so extremely disappointed in the tires and the fact that Audi Royal Oak recommended them. They never went 1 season. My winter tires (different manufacturer) have gone 3 winters for about 40,000kms and I plan to put them back on in the fall. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THESE TIRES TO ANYONE AND WILL NEVER BUY FROM ROVELLO AGAIN.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2021
Given 63% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (215/55 R16) on mostly town for 4,000 spirited miles
These came with decent tread on used but mint-looking alloys I swapped onto the Focus. I drove on them through this Spring and summer. I meant to swap back to steels and M+S in autumn but left it too late and had them on for a few days in the ~0C cold snap. I down-scored them on comfort even though they absorb bumps fine because of their noise. After the first day, I noticed this "whooh" drone. Not hugely loud, but constant from 30mph up and, once I heard it, I couldn't stop hearing it. Not wheel bearings; my garage reckoned it's the tread pattern. Noise gone now I'm on my M+S tyres. Dry grip and braking perfectly adequate for budget tyres, no dramas, not a lot of rain this year but similarly capable. When it got to
6 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2021
Given 81% while driving a SEAT EXEO ST TDI 170CR (225/40 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Have a set of these on a Seat Exeo 2.0 TDi re-mapped to 184BHP. Wheel spins in the wet pulling out of concealed juntions as do all tyres since the remap, but the grip is good overall both wet and dry. £180 a set so four tyres for the price of two! 9000 Miles and it's time to rotate back/front.... but even if I don't it;s only £90 for two new ones fitted. These are great VFM and worth a try as they might not work well on all vehicles, these worked for me though on my SEAT similar to A4. Verry Happy,
0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2020
Given 34% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 TCDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
tires don't handle well in wet conditions maybe alright on the back but not on the front
12 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Skoda Octavia estate (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 40 easy going miles
Excellent value for money. By rotating the tyres they last 40 000 Miles on my car with wrong wheel allignment. I would buy IT again.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2020
Given 49% while driving a Audi A5 2.0 TDi (2017) (255/35 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres were fitted to an Audi A5 black edition coupe I bought. Although they are new. They are dreadful in the
wet. You cannot put any power on in a bend or you just slide. They also give wheel spin in wet conditions. I was a Police driver for 30yrs and would not recommend in the wet
8 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2019
Given 37% while driving a Mercedes Benz C200 Kompessor Coupe Auto (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I've Got just over 5k miles on these tyres. Awful really as i'm a careful driver. They still have a few mm of grip but the car is sliding all over the place so i need to get them changed.
2 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2019
Given 84% while driving a BMW 525 TDS (245/40 R17) on mostly town for 14,000 spirited miles
£45 a corner

Excellent all rounder, handling is crisp and feedback is good. Nice progressive tyre with plenty of grip wet and dry.

Puts premium brands to shame.

Only replacing rear tyres due to budge cause by me hitting a kerb.

Have just ordered a new pair.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
This is my second review of these tyres (first one mondeo ST) this time round on my insignia diesel. I have been more than happy with the performance of these tyres in the dry, wet and snow. Infact they did brilliant in the snow during the beast from the east. However on this car and the mondeo they lasted no longer than 7000 miles on the front axle which is very disappointing. I still have 6.5mm on the rears so they should last a while on the rear.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2018
Given 34% while driving a Saab Automobile Saab 93ss Aero 250bhp (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
These tyres were fitted to the car at the front when I bought it.

Without doubt these are the worst tyres I've driven on. Grip is ok in the dry, but they down right dangerous in the wet. Zero feedback from the wheel, an alarming amount of understeer and also a lack of resistance to aquaplaning. With 6mm of tread on them I was reduced to 45 mph on the M61 to stop it sliding off the road. The lack of grip is so bad that the car will light it's wheels up in third at 60mph on a damp motorway without using the clutch.

Also wet weather braking is atrocious and changes in tarmac type can have the car skipping as the grip level changes and the tyres react. Not a confidence inspiring tyre at all.

Honestly to everyone saying they are ok and they saved me money, that's fine until you find yourself in an emergency situation. Yes I drive a little faster than some but even if I drove slowly I'd be wary of fitting these due to the braking and wet weather ability. Definitely worth paying the extra money for a premium brand.

4 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Audi A5 2.0TFSI Quattro (255/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 240 easy going miles
got 19 inch rims,full set premium was touching £600,shopped on line and found these rovelo tyres,got them fitted at national tyres the fitter told me with the miles i do every year approx 3,000 and imno speed king the tyres should last 12,000 miles cost was £240 a big saving,everything seems ok just see how long they last if its four years ill be very happy.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2018
Given 57% while driving a Vauxhall Ampera (215/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 12,000 easy going miles
I don’t know if it’s the combination of the tyre and the Ampera, but these tyres (pair on the front axle) seem to have little grip, either under braking or under cornering. It’s noticeable as the loss of grip triggers the Ampera traction control to intervene before the drive becomes even slightly spirited. I’ve never had this situation in the past and don’t drive the Ampera harder than other cars, in fact quite the opposite.
9 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2018