Tigar Tigar UHP

The Tigar Tigar UHP is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 101,619 miles driven.

The Tigar UHP is ranked 38th of 187 Summer High Performance tyres.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 40th of 45 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Tigar Tigar UHP
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Tigar Tigar UHP. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top 3 Tigar Tigar UHP Reviews

Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Passat (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
It is my first time to buy budget tire, the cheapest tire that I have bought before was Hankook and was disappointed.
Tigar UHP is very good tire, I recommend it and I would definitely buy it again. Very comfortable tire and very good dry grip.
85 - tyre reviewed on April 30, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Have purchased expensive Yokohama tires last year; not worth the price i paid.
Had a tire blowout last week ; decided to buy four Tigar UHP, upon the Mechanics advice.
I was surprised,Tires behaved amazingly well ; paying almost half the price of the Yoko's.
Strongly recommend.
18 - tyre reviewed on July 12, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Volkswagen CC (235/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 400 average miles
I previously had Michelin Pilot 235/40 R18 on my VW CC. Those tires were very noisy and provided poor comfort over bumps and potholes. However they lasted a lot, around 45 000km.
I was in dilema should I buy premium summer tire at around 250eur/tire or to go for cheap Tigar tires which are around 1/3 of premium tire price. Then I found information online that Michelin actually bought Tigar tires and invested bunch of money in Tigar tires production facility.
I decided to go for Tigar tires with slightly larger profile 235/45 R18 and oh my, I was pleasantly suprised. The car is transformed now. Ride is very quiet and super comfortable over potholes, speedbumps,rails and manhole covers.
Dry and wet grip and breaking are around the same as with Michelins, there is no noticable difference. Wet grip was maybe only slightly better with Michelins.
If you prefer comfort I highly recomend these Tigar tires. These UHP tires look sexy and modern. Price is super cheap and honestly I recomend these.
I cannot review tread wear since I bought these tires one week ago. I will make sure to write end of life final review once tires are worn.
If I manage to do 35 000km with these I think I will completely switch to these tires for all my cars.
15 - tyre reviewed on May 21, 2018
Have you driven on the Tigar Tigar UHP tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Tigar Tigar UHP? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Tigar Tigar UHP >

Latest Tigar Tigar UHP Reviews

Given 63% while driving a Opel Vectra C 1.9CDTi 150bhp (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
very noisy, poor comfort over bumps, very bad handling, average rest and good price Tigar is Mischelin
0 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2021
Given 97% while driving a Opel insignia (245/45 R18) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Fitted them and immediately noticed change in the ride comfort. The tyre is very very soft which made me nervous about it but the feedback frim previous users was very high of the quality. And yes the price is half as much as a premium brand tyre but for daily driving and not exceeding speeds of 130 kmph is just solid choice as any other premium tyre. Highly recommend this tyre without hesitation. The drive is like diving through butyer paved roads very elegant feel of the road very soft.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2021
Given 86% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 19 spirited miles
amazingly performing on wet and dry pavement . good comfort. No big difference from my previous Goodyear tires. Excellent quality/price ratio, highly recommend.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 16, 2020
Given 69% while driving a BMW 318 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I've mounted these tires on an E90 BMW with a 2.0 petrol engine. The car is very light and nimble and I wanted a tire that would give me good feedback and excellent grip in the dry and these do the job very good. Compared to a ContiSportContact 5 these have probably more grip and are more progressive towards the limit. On the flip side, wet performance is lower than most of the premium performance summer tires and they wear out prematurely compared to those. Overall, for the performance and price I would buy them again.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2020
Given 94% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD mjet (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
For me,this is best buy ever!
2 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2019
Given 63% while driving a Honda CIVIC CDTI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Very happy with the tyres on the dry but dangerous on wet and damp road.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2019
Given 81% while driving a BMW 320 d (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
After passing 2200km, the tires are excellent at that price, better than some of the top of the class
13 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTD (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I have bought this budget tyres last year. I have choose this one because of price ( around 40 euro / tyre ). Before this i was having Continental ContiSport 5. For the price i pay, they are good tyres, but cannot be compared with premium tyres like Pirelli, Michelin or continental.

Grip on dry surfaces is very good, the tyre is soft and if you want to have a sporty style of driving, you will feel that on curves is more than soft. On wet surface, just feels like you're floating. If you catch a summer rain on highway, at 120kmh you don't feel very safe with this tyres. The handling is average good, and they are comfortable...

For the price i pay i guess are very good tyres.

The worst part, is that that the rim protection is almost inexistent. I have 225/40/18 and last year i have refurb my rims... This spring, i need to refurb it again because as i said the rim protection is almost 0.

I don't know how medium budget tyres are, but i guess are similar to this one... so my opinion is that, if you have money choose something premium ( Pirelli, continental, Bridgestone, Michelin ), if not, go with the Tigar. For the price you pay, you will get more than you expect from this tyre.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 29, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Audi A6 (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
amazing performance , these tyres out passed my expectations.
miles driven 9000.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2019
Given 86% while driving a MG ZS (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Very good in wet and dry for grip and feel. Punctures killed 1 tyre before tread was worn. Definitely buying them again. I used them on my mg that was tuned and never caused any issues
0 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2018